Fiverr Forum

Why Sellers Need a 'Ban This Buyer' Feature

I recently had a horrible situation with a buyer. The buyer bought one of my gigs and proceeded to request that I do a lot of things that my gig does not offer. The buyer was told that I didn’t provide the service she requested, but insisted on me providing that service anyway. I sent the buyer a mutual cancellation request and told her that she was requesting too many things that my gig did not provide. The buyer refused to agree to the mutual cancellation. She argued that the extra stuff she was asking for was no big deal and that I should have no problem delivering her gig with the extras that she didn’t pay for (and I didn’t provide). After trying again to do a mutual cancellation, the buyer refused to agree to the mutual cancellation again. I finally agreed to complete the gig. The next day, the buyer made additional requests for me to do things that my gig did not promise to do. I tried a mutual cancellation again, telling the buyer that she was asking for too many things that my gig did not provide. The buyer refused to cancel the gig - again. I sent a mutual cancellation request 3 more times. She refused to cancel -and even bought ANOTHER one of my gigs. I immediately sent a mutual cancellation on the new gig too, because of the drama that was going down on the other gig. She refused to cancel that one, too! I contacted Fiverr support finally and asked them to cancel the orders. After Fiverr support canceled the orders, the buyer reported me for SPAM (after telling me in my Fiverr inbox that she would find a way to get revenge). My level 2 status was revoked and I had to contact Fiverr and explain that my buyer was just trying to get back at me. Fiverr renewed my Level 2 status within a couple of hours, but what a pain that buyer was!

Sellers need to be able to ban buyers from ever buying their gigs again who were horrible to deal with, or else we’ll always be at the mercy of buyers like this horrific one. This buyer is someone who will keep buying my gig just so she can slam me with false accusations and negative feedback. Her threat was that she would find a way to get revenge. I shouldn’t have to ever work with this person again.

BTW, if you want this buyer’s name, inbox me. I’d be very happy to send it to you.

I try hard to be as specific as possible with my gig descriptions, but I still get a lot of buyers who ask for things I told them I couldn’t deliver. I walk a tight rope with my buyers all the time because I worry that they’ll give me negative feedback if I don’t overdeliver. I realize there are a lot of non-USA based sellers who will do anything and everything for $5. But, I AM based in the USA and I have no plans to give my clients more than they paid for. When you go to McDonald’s and order food, you get what you pay for - NOT a ton of free extras because they want you to come back tomorrow! I run my Fiverr business the same way. I provide great customer service and I deliver what my buyers purchased - as promised. I don’t feel the need to give more than that. You might as well give away the farm if you decide to do that.

Reply to @animusargentis: Yes, but that is not this seller’s issue.

Reply to @likec0mmentpro: are you people serious? :frowning: I hardly see a topic without such promotions, gosh :frowning:

hudsonmediaroom said: for the best interest of our Sellers

Unfortunately Fiverr seems to look more into the interests of the buyers as they are the money providers, so the "best interest of the sellers" isn't really in their best interest :|

Reply to @likec0mmentpro: are you people serious? :frowning: I hardly see a topic without such promotions, gosh :frowning:

hudsonmediaroom said: for the best interest of our Sellers

Unfortunately Fiverr seems to look more into the interests of the buyers as they are the money providers, so the "best interest of the sellers" isn't really in their best interest :|

I have gotten a few of these buyers. There are several improvements that fiverr should make to better protect the sellers. Mutual cancellations is at the top of that list due to my recent experience, heckler buyers are also a good thing to get rid of. Thanks to the v2 featured “nudge” we can get a response from them at times.

Its called domination! haha If a buyer asks me for more stuff, I just say YES!

I have offered such thing before just like other people before me (probably). The buyers can choose who they want to order from, why can’t the sellers choose who they want to work with?

I personally would like to have that feature.

Same problem with me… even i give more than paid… buyer ask for more… this is very terrible situation :frowning:

I’d like to have the ability to approve an order or accept it from the start. If that’s not possible, a way to ban an order would be a good substitute.

im my description it says what i do . no revisions. if some one gives me a hard time or negative reveew i answer back then i block them 4 ever. i work hard to provide great service. i do not need the headaches of some cheapos

Reply to @likec0mmentpro: eyeroll

Good

got a few i need to ban

buyers order a gig and expect me to create a site that earn 1000usd per day and hosting domain everything i should cover using that one gig they orderd!

Agree agree agree agree agree agree agree agree agree!

Just happened to me, and I need a good rant. >:(

Reply to @Woofy31: I see their post was removed. :slight_smile:

I just had a similar situation, after working so hard on building a website of the buyer, after meeting all his request including a challenging slides added to his website, after delivering the order on time - he deleted his account - took back his monies and he run away with my work. >:P