Why some buyers are always online?

startforte

Hi!

I’ve wondered why some buyers seem to be always online 😃 Do they have a browser open, or how is it possible for a couple of my clients to be online 24 hours a day? However, they don’t usually respond to messages right away, even though they are online.

This is not a problem for me, just a fun thing. Do you have a similar experience on this?

I use Fiverr on my phone, tablet, and computer. Once I forgot to sign out on my tablet, so I was online for a week. I was getting frustrated because even though I was signed out on my phone and computer, I continued to get dings in the middle of the night and have noticed that I had messages or orders. Finally, I saw I had not signed out on my tablet. Once I signed out of Fiverr there, I no longer get messages in the middle of the night.

My being on line 24/7 was in error, but some people must be leaving their browser open. 🇪🇹

I use Fiverr on my phone, tablet, and computer. Once I forgot to sign out on my tablet, so I was online for a week. I was getting frustrated because even though I was signed out on my phone and computer, I continued to get dings in the middle of the night and have noticed that I had messages or orders. Finally, I saw I had not signed out on my tablet. Once I signed out of Fiverr there, I no longer get messages in the middle of the night.

My being on line 24/7 was in error, but some people must be leaving their browser open. 🇪🇹

My being on line 24/7 was in error, but some people must be leaving their browser open

Leaving the browser open shouldn’t make it seem like you are always online as it should time out after a while (15 mins?). Though some people may have an add-on that auto-refreshes the browser that is likely against the rules to use or at least Fiverr wouldn’t want it used.

@startforte I noticed that too and can’t figure it out. I think it is due to them having their phone on all the time and the app stays on unless you turn it off but that’s just a guess.

As to why they don’t answer it may be they just ignore the notices from the app or stop them.

You are right . I also think that … They are using app and their data is on all time.

My being on line 24/7 was in error, but some people must be leaving their browser open

Leaving the browser open shouldn’t make it seem like you are always online as it should time out after a while (15 mins?). Though some people may have an add-on that auto-refreshes the browser that is likely against the rules to use or at least Fiverr wouldn’t want it used.

I had the impression that the app never times out?

I do not use an auto refresh app. Fiverr sees users as Robots when they do.

Leaving the browser open shouldn’t make it seem like you are always online

All I know is that as soon as I signed out on my iPad I stopped getting notices. :thinking:

Archived