Fiverr Community Forum

Why was my description deleted?

I had typed a really well thought out and long description for my gig, and it had less characters than the limit, but when I clicked save and continue for the requirements section, it took me back to the description page and deleted all my description! It just said I had to do less than 1200 characters, when I definitely had! This has happened twice now, and it’s really upsetting me because it took me ages to write those descriptions. :frowning:

I don’t know the answer, you might need to ask Customer Support. What I can advise is to always copy what you write anything long on the internet. Paste it into a text editor before hitting submit or save or send. It’s a critical best practice online. Good luck.

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate any help, and definitely in the future, I will always save any long work to my computer. Thanks again, much appreciated!

Same to me. Apparently it happens when you edit the description after posting. If you don’t want to cut your text, write everything perfectly and don’t change it later. If you do change it, you’ll have to rewrite the all thing after.
As fonthaunt said, always save your texts in your pc or Drive. I hope they fix this, as it has been 4 years apparently…

I think you should logout and then try it again.
Thank you

there may be thousands of reason ask CSE