Why was this request not approved?

shr33k

I posted the following request and it was not approved. I can’t see why in the ToS etc, any ideas what’s wrong with this request?

“Videographer in Southern California (Victorville). I have a client that needs some professional video shot in a Victorville facility. Some will be to-camera testimonial, some will be installing equipment and some will be capturing the fit out of the building over a number of weeks. So several visits over that time. Don’t need much editing, raw footage is fine.”

Hi there!

You’re asking for somebody to come and physically do something in a geographic location. Fiverr’s not really the best platform for that - it’s designed for services which can be delivered via the internet regardless of the seller’s location.

Perhaps a local classified advert would be more suitable?

I posted the following request and it was not approved. I can’t see why in the ToS etc, any ideas what’s wrong with this request?

“Videographer in Southern California (Victorville). I have a client that needs some professional video shot in a Victorville facility. Some will be to-camera testimonial, some will be installing equipment and some will be capturing the fit out of the building over a number of weeks. So several visits over that time. Don’t need much editing, raw footage is fine.”

Maybe the person doing the checking thought

Videographer in Southern California (Victorville).

meant the person adding the request was the videographer, and that it was self-promotion.

Saying “I’m looking for a …” first might have helped.

There might have been a problem with the word “testimonial”. Fiverr removed a lot of testimonial gigs in 2017 I think.

On 3/18/2019 at 11:52 AM, uk1000 said:

Maybe the person doing the checking thought

Videographer in Southern California (Victorville).

meant the person adding the request was the videographer, and that it was self-promotion.

Saying “I’m looking for a …” first might have helped.

There might have been a problem with the word “testimonial”. Fiverr removed a lot of testimonial gigs in 2017 I think.

Thank you, much appreciated, I’ve reworded it and will see what happens.

On 3/18/2019 at 11:53 AM, smiler3d said:

Hi there! You’re asking for somebody to come and physically do something in a geographic location. Fiverr’s not really the best platform for that - it’s designed for services which can be delivered via the internet regardless of the seller’s location.

Perhaps a local classified advert would be more suitable?

Understood, thanks - I know Fiverr’s not the best platform, but I thought I’d give it a go. Appreciate your help.

testimonial

I understand that now fiverr does not allow testimonials.

This is the main reason.

Also meeting the client in person is probably not allowed.

Archived