Why watermark on final image and How to remove that?

arif303096

(A message from seller to buyer)

You guys always misunderstand seller about watermark issue but that’s not generate from seller. seller submit final image on order delivery and fiverr generate a watermark. watermark image is just to check/ensure is everything ok or need for modification. then you can call modification or if everything looks perfect just mark complete order and post you review…

After mark complete order watermark will removed automatically. and you will get permit to download final image and source file. 

There have no chance for frustration because you’re on world biggest marketplace.So stay close with fiverr and gain your service with best opportunity and certainty.

post your comments if you think this post is helpful to you and fell free to ask me if you have any other question. HAPPY FIVERRING 🙂

For logo design service-- [self-promotion not allowed in Tips category]

• Like 53
  • Thanks 4

• 1 year later...

So I downloaded the files of the first two logos while the 3rd is still in edit, therefore order not agreed upon in whole.

Must I wait until doing so to remove the marks from the 1st two which I like? Even though seller shared the source file with me? What a pain.

If I agree, I doubt he will continue working on the 3rd logo, if even able to send it to me?

• Like 34
  • Congrats! 2
  • Thanks 1

So I downloaded the files of the first two logos while the 3rd is still in edit, therefore order not agreed upon in whole.

Must I wait until doing so to remove the marks from the 1st two which I like? Even though seller shared the source file with me? What a pain.

If I agree, I doubt he will continue working on the 3rd logo, if even able to send it to me?

The seller should deliver the order fully not in small parts, so its the seller’s fault.

Btw, please create your own post next time, this post is about a year old!

• Like 31
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

The seller should deliver the order fully not in small parts, so its the seller’s fault.

Btw, please create your own post next time, this post is about a year old!

Sorry - 1st quick visit to the forum brought by this thread as result of search. Not his fault I’m in such a time crunch. We’ve ironed out the 1st two and I need one of them in complete original format to print business cards NOW. He’s still working out the 3rd, which is the same, but with business name to the right as a website banner vs. logo. We’re close, I’m just out of time, so might have to accept as is and probably get screwed out of getting my banner logo which was paid for and agreed upon but not delivered due to time constraints. =P

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4

Sorry - 1st quick visit to the forum brought by this thread as result of search. Not his fault I’m in such a time crunch. We’ve ironed out the 1st two and I need one of them in complete original format to print business cards NOW. He’s still working out the 3rd, which is the same, but with business name to the right as a website banner vs. logo. We’re close, I’m just out of time, so might have to accept as is and probably get screwed out of getting my banner logo which was paid for and agreed upon but not delivered due to time constraints. =P

You have right to cancel thr order if the buyer failed to deliver as expected or the quality is not that good. Even after 12 days from delivering the order!

I suggest to check if the logo is not stolen by using chrom browser and right click on the logo and select google image search. I had this many times where some buyers just steal the logo from the internet!

Good luck

• Like 35
  • Up 1

• 2 years later...

I have a completed order from seller, however Fiverr watermark is still on all logo png and jpg???

In this case, you can contact fiverr support. As after the completion of order, watermarks removed by fiverr. *(According to policy)

• Like 34
  • Up 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/10/2021 at 6:27 AM, mariashtelle1 said:

On top of plagiarising this post you also didn’t take into account that fiverr now added a notification on the buyers side right on the pictures about watermark. 

On 9/10/2021 at 6:27 AM, mariashtelle1 said:

On top of plagiarising this post you also didn’t take into account that fiverr now added a notification on the buyers side right on the pictures about watermark. 

I'm sorry to copy, but I didn't know it as a new seller, and that's why the new buyer had a little argument with me about it.

• Like 35
  • Thanks 2

• 7 months later...

Hi i deactivated fiverr watermark for my gigs but it still shows on my my delivered projects to my clients. One of my client is asking to provide a file without fiverr water mark before approving the delivery.

I deactivated fiverr water mark from gigs section but still water mark shows on my delivery.

I don,t know what to do now. Please drop your value able suggestions.

Thanks in advance. 

• Like 38
  • Up 3

That’s very concerning if they are insisting on you removing watermark. 
You can just explain that it is added automatically by fiverr as a protection and will automatically disappear after they accept an order and that they should see that note from fiverr on their delivered images. 

• Like 39
  • Up 4

9 minutes ago, perri_edward said:

deactivated fiverr water mark from gigs section but still water mark shows on my delivery.

Maybe re-delivering might show it without the watermark in the delivery.

Though I agree there should be no need to deliver it without the watermark (since it will get removed after accepting it). It's risky as they might just decide to cancel and keep the work if you remove it. I'd do what was suggested and explain it will get removed by Fiverr after the order is accepted (and maybe re-add the watermark option).

• Like 37
  • Up 2

36 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Maybe re-delivering might show it without the watermark in the delivery.

The deactivation of the watermark is for the gig portfolio, seller can choose to include fiverr watermark on their gif images) , it won’t affect the watermark in the order.

• Like 34
  • Up 1

10 minutes ago, ze_blender3d said:

The deactivation of the watermark is for the gig portfolio, seller can choose to include fiverr watermark on their gif images) , it won’t affect the watermark in the order.

It seems to affect the order according to this page (for certain types of files anyway - eg. jpeg):

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010507817-Adding-a-Watermark-to-Protect-Your-Work

Adding a watermark helps protect your work as buyers will be able to preview your work, but won't be able to use it.

When you deliver your Gig, your buyer will see a watermark on the image preview up until they accept and complete the order. Your original image will not be available for the buyer to download until after the order is marked as complete by the buyer.

From that page it seems it's for both - for the order page and the portfolio:

By activating this feature, you will automatically add the Fiverr watermark to the images in the Order page and in your portfolio on your Gig page.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 38
  • Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, guys.

A customer is requesting me to deliver an image without watermark, allegedly to “review it with his customer” and says that he will approve my delivery after his customer gives it a green sign.

To be honest, this sounds like a scam to me. What I would like to know is how can I cancel his order without that affecting my Fiverr score? I don’t want a scammer to ruin my rank on Fiverr.

• Like 35
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, spinerock said:

A customer is requesting me to deliver an image without watermark, allegedly to “review it with his customer” and says that he will approve my delivery after his customer gives it a green sign.

Do NOT deliver a copy without the watermark. Your client's customer can review the work just as easily with the watermark, and the watermark will go away when your client marks the order as complete. If your client absolutely must have a sample of the artwork to show before completion, offer to send a small, lower quality version, of the file as a sample image -- something that cannot be stolen and used. The large final file will always be waiting for him when the order is marked as complete.

39 minutes ago, spinerock said:

What I would like to know is how can I cancel his order without that affecting my Fiverr score?

Why would you cancel an order, after you've completed the work you were hired to do?

Yes, such a cancellation would affect your Fiverr metrics. As it should. Fiverr does not want sellers cancelling orders if they don't have to.

40 minutes ago, spinerock said:

I don’t want a scammer to ruin my rank on Fiverr.

Don't assume he's a scammer. But protect yourself by not giving him the work without a delivery watermark.

• Like 33
  • Up 11
  • Thanks 2

Before going down the cancellation route, I'd professionally and respectfully let them know that's not how Fiverr works. You've delivered the work and the watermark can only be removed once an order is accepted. 

Plus (I'm not an expert), but a buyer can still clearly see the image despite it having a watermark...so that's definitely fishy and strange. 

• Like 36
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/19/2022 at 7:42 PM, sabinespoems said:

Before going down the cancellation route, I'd professionally and respectfully let them know that's not how Fiverr works. You've delivered the work and the watermark can only be removed once an order is accepted. 

Plus (I'm not an expert), but a buyer can still clearly see the image despite it having a watermark...so that's definitely fishy and strange. 

Probably he is marketing himself as a graphic designer in other platform and is hiring people on Fiverr to do the work for him. But that's just a hunch. 

On 5/19/2022 at 7:40 PM, jonbaas said:

Do NOT deliver a copy without the watermark. Your client's customer can review the work just as easily with the watermark, and the watermark will go away when your client marks the order as complete. If your client absolutely must have a sample of the artwork to show before completion, offer to send a small, lower quality version, of the file as a sample image -- something that cannot be stolen and used. The large final file will always be waiting for him when the order is marked as complete.

Why would you cancel an order, after you've completed the work you were hired to do?

Yes, such a cancellation would affect your Fiverr metrics. As it should. Fiverr does not want sellers cancelling orders if they don't have to.

Don't assume he's a scammer. But protect yourself by not giving him the work without a delivery watermark.

It's a good idea to send a lower quality sample. I sent him a t-shirt mockup (since this is a design for a t-shirt) for him to show to his customer. Let's see what he says. 

When I told him I couldn't send him the design without the watermark, he replied that other designers usually send him designs without the watermark, and agreed to pay for the design but said he won't be using my gig anymore. That sounds like an angry customer to me who will probably give me a bad review once I deliver. 

Now, since he is the one who insists in a misconduct that goes against Fiverr's rules I prefer to cancel the order rather than get a bad review. I think Fiverr should have some kind of mechanism that allows the seller to cancel the order based on the customer misconduct. Is there any way I can contact Fiverr's support team and tell them about this? 

• Like 35
  • Up 2

44 minutes ago, spinerock said:

Now, since he is the one who insists in a misconduct that goes against Fiverr's rules I prefer to cancel the order rather than get a bad review. I think Fiverr should have some kind of mechanism that allows the seller to cancel the order based on the customer misconduct. Is there any way I can contact Fiverr's support team and tell them about this? 

Well, you will be the one to most likely receive a warning 😉 your cancellation might be seen as a review manipulation to avoid bad review. Fiverr don’t consider this cancellations as legitimate. Your client is trying his luck and it’s up to you to push back even if that means lower review. 
Though Ai never got a bad review even in cases when I had to push back on not sending files without watermark. 

• Like 37
  • Thanks 2

On 5/20/2022 at 9:23 AM, spinerock said:

That sounds like an angry customer to me who will probably give me a bad review once I deliver. Now, since he is the one who insists in a misconduct that goes against Fiverr's rules I prefer to cancel the order rather than get a bad review.

You cannot cancel orders, just to avoid bad reviews. That's not how Fiverr works. It used to -- In the early days of Fiverr, some sellers used to cancel orders all the time, if they felt a bad review might be coming. Fiverr didn't like that, so the changed the system to penalize sellers that did this. Do not cancel the order to avoid a bad review. This will hurt your account.

• Like 42
  • Up 2

• 3 weeks later...