Why were these gigs rejected?

wordsmth

I originally posted:

Compile all references/text to “The Grasshopper Lies Heavy” as presented in in Philip K. Dick’s novel “The Man in the High Castle.” I’d like the actual text to be able to construct as much of the plot as possible. Note: I’m not interested in the TV series or the book by Chandler Duke. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_in_the_High_Castle#The_Grasshopper_Lies_Heavy for a summary.

I received the rejection:
Unfortunately, your Gig request "Excerpts from the book “The Man in…” did not pass our review due to one (or more) of the following reasons:

It was misleading/unclear
It contains contact information (i.e. s***e, email, phone #), or your site/social media url
It contains payment information
It contains a request for services that are not allowed on Fiverr (i.e. Bitcoin services, paid Wordpress themes, licensed software, etc.)
You submitted your request to multiple categories. You should select the most suitable category and subcategory, and then submit only one request

Thinking that the link to Wikipedia might have been misinterpreted as “contact information,” I tried to post the following:

Excerpts from the book “The Man in the High Castle” by Philip K. Dick that relate, describe, or quote from “The Grasshopper Lies Heavy” a “book-within-a-book” in “The Man in the High Castle.” Basically: As much information about “The Grasshopper Lies Heavy” as is contained in “The Man in the High Castle.”

It was rejected again.

I was trying to post it under “Writing”->“Research.”

Any ideas what’s leading to the rejections?

I’ve read each of those requests twice and have pretty good reading comprehension and I can’t quite grasp exactly what you are asking for. I’m not sure if that’s the reason for rejection as I’ve had things rejected that were simply asking for samples of a logo.

Are you asking for a list of quotes and and things that relate to that book?

Or are you asking for random information that is about that book? That last sentence of yours is very confusing in particular.

Try this -

I want someone to find Excerpts from a book that relate, describe or quote from another book. Basically: As much information about the 1st book that is contained in 2nd book.

The reason why this might be getting rejected is that the first line sounds like you are offering something. Try the one I gave above and it will go well. 🙂

Try this -

I want someone to find Excerpts from a book that relate, describe or quote from another book. Basically: As much information about the 1st book that is contained in 2nd book.

The reason why this might be getting rejected is that the first line sounds like you are offering something. Try the one I gave above and it will go well. 🙂

Your rejection is a canned response.

Typically a buyer’s request should start with one of the following:

• I want
  • I need
  • I am

Try using the verbiage similar to what @taverr suggested.

Just as misscrystal stated, I am also having a difficulty understanding what you need. You may want to attach a word document that clarifies it for bidders.

Thanks for the feedback. Apparently the solution is adding “I want” or “I need.” I appreciate the input from those who suggested that.

And, yes, I was aware that I was receiving a canned response. Especially because of its vague all-encompassing and unhelpful message . . . and because I received the identical message a second time. (I eventually pick up on those things.) The problem with canned responses is they aren’t always clear. In this case, nothing in the canned response said: “Begin your gig request with ‘I want.’” Or: “Gig requests must begin with ‘I want.’”

As for being clear about what I wanted . . . sorry, but for anyone familiar with the topic, it is clear. I guess I could have stated it like a third grader:

I want a summary of The Grasshopper Lies Heavy (TGLH). Philip K. Dick was a writer. Dick wrote a novel. The novel was The Man in the High Castle.(TMITHC). TMITHC mentions another fictional book:TGLH. TGLH is a “book within a book.” TGLH is a book inside TMITHC. I want a Fiverr provider to read TMITHC. Please compile all mentions and quotes about TGLH. Please send me the quotes and mentions about TGLH.

That scores 2.76 on Flesch-Kincaid.

Incidentally, the literary device of a “book within a book” has been used in everything from 1984 to Don Quixote.

Thanks for the feedback. Apparently the solution is adding “I want” or “I need.” I appreciate the input from those who suggested that.

And, yes, I was aware that I was receiving a canned response. Especially because of its vague all-encompassing and unhelpful message . . . and because I received the identical message a second time. (I eventually pick up on those things.) The problem with canned responses is they aren’t always clear. In this case, nothing in the canned response said: “Begin your gig request with ‘I want.’” Or: “Gig requests must begin with ‘I want.’”

As for being clear about what I wanted . . . sorry, but for anyone familiar with the topic, it is clear. I guess I could have stated it like a third grader:

I want a summary of The Grasshopper Lies Heavy (TGLH). Philip K. Dick was a writer. Dick wrote a novel. The novel was The Man in the High Castle.(TMITHC). TMITHC mentions another fictional book:TGLH. TGLH is a “book within a book.” TGLH is a book inside TMITHC. I want a Fiverr provider to read TMITHC. Please compile all mentions and quotes about TGLH. Please send me the quotes and mentions about TGLH.

That scores 2.76 on Flesch-Kincaid.

Incidentally, the literary device of a “book within a book” has been used in everything from 1984 to Don Quixote.

Thanks, very good to have that confirmed from both Gina and you now, helpful to help people, it’s frustrating as a seller to read about buyers posting how their BRs aren’t approved while seeing all those seller requests on BR 😉

Good luck with finding the right people for your jobs now you finally know how you can get them posted. 🙂

Hello,

when you give a modification to any seller in your order page then it will show the Rejected so

no need to worry because when the seller was deliver the order then it will automatically diaper.

Thanks

logoflow

Lol, the OP was talking about the BR. 😁

Archived