Fiverr Forum

Why when i sell something at fiverr only 4$ come to me


#1

Explain me someone


#2

This is perfectly normal, Fiverr takes a 20% commission.



5 = 4

10 = 8

25 = 20

65 = 52



Why? Because this is a business, and they have bills to pay. Fiverr’s competitors also charge commission, some of them even charge memberships.



#3

fiverr charge $1 from each $5 that mean 20% present they charge as there service fees


#4

Fiverr Charge $1 for each order ($5). 20% Commission


#5

If you didn’t know that, you probably don’t know that Fiverr also takes an extra 10% from the buyer. On a standard gig the buyer pays $5.50 - you get $4, and Fiverr gets $1.50. I only say this because I didn’t know at first, and I think I lost a couple of sales because I would quote a price, and then the person would go to check out and see Fiverr adding on 10% more.



It sounds like a lot, but they’re connecting you with clients and they maintain a pretty safe structure for you to do business within. If you don’t want to pay a commission, go find your own clients :slight_smile:


#6

hard to understand we are living in the same world.


#7

you get only 80% from the earnings. the rest 20% is taken by Fiverr as a cost of the platform you are using to sell your services. consider it the rent of your store you pay to sell you services