Why you should always over-serve your buyers--Tips for New Sellers

cdgervais

Hi Fiverr Community!

I’m a fairly new seller on Fiverr here myself but I’ve done well so far in my first few weeks. I’ve made a few hundred dollars in two weeks and I’m about 8 sales away from graduating to level two. Gigantic accomplishments? Maybe not, but I certainly learned a thing or two about over-serving your buyers.

1. Do it. When you’re a brand new seller you should absolutely put your best foot forward. You should obviously do it all the time but it’s super crucial in your first few Fiverr sales. Bad initial reviews are a way to tank your gig really quickly.

2. Give them more, but not too much. We’re all aware of the horror stories of sneaky buyers asking for a lot of work that isn’t covered in their gig purchase. While I understand wanting the most bang for your buck, there’s only so much one should expect for $5. In your first few sales, I’d consider giving them a little freebie here and there but clarifying that this was a courtesy and not an every day thing. It worked beautifully for me! I got great reviews and they came back not expecting more than what they paid for.

3. Be as nice as humanly possible. When you’re new and buyers don’t yet know if they can trust you, it’s up to you to be warm and inviting so that they know you’re worth doing business with. No one wants to buy from a jerk.

I didn’t do much more than that and I’m super happy with my experience so far. Most of my buyers have become repeat customers and one liked the service so much he shared my gig on a Facebook page that got me over a dozen more sales from referrals. I’ve never had to advertise myself (though it’s recommended)

Don’t get caught up in giving too much. Your time is worth money, but you should put your buyer first and your business will grow on it’s own.

Archived