Fiverr Forum

Why you should NEVER quit your job for FIVERR

Fiverr. What can I say for this website? How many thanks should I give to the people who created this website and I managed to learn how it feels like to make your own money thanks to them. The happiness you take when you quit taking pocket money from your parents and in fact start something yours. Aside the money you can earn, you also learn new software, you start knowing new people & cultures. I learned photoshop for example and now I am in a great level and also met some great people here. A BIG THANK YOU FIVERR. But… There is always a but.

It is a great website. You can use it to start your career and motivate yourself to learn new stuff. You can also make some extra earnings (no one says no to extra income). But please PLEASE do not leave your job for fiverr. You may have 20 sales per day and suddenly one day you will drop to 0. This what happened to me at least 3 times the 2 years I am in this website. And now I am making a few $$ only with old customers and I am thinking of leaving fiverr. So even if you think your account is strong and you make plenty of $$$ don’t decide to leave your job for Fiverr.

I have nothing against fiverr but when my sales dropped to 0 suddenly in one day in May 01 then I can’t rely on that website.
This is my advice to people here. Make your extra earnings KEEP YOUR JOB!

Thank you.

Thanks for this important advice ^^

Any type of online internet work is this way. It’s not just fiverr. After all, you are relying on advertising and traffic which comes and goes.

Yes, fiverr is the site to make extra money,

I still work offline as motorcycle sales.

It should be done because fiverr sales can go down, and we had to eat every day

It’s a lot of competition on here and one day a new seller comes along and does the service faster and better than you and then you lose that market. Same as with any market, not just internet. It is a constant evolving market and increased competition and at the end of the day it is up to you to make it work for you and be competitive to stay in this market.

Fiverr is best website for freelance work for me…

You have great reviews. Try to add more services that are different from what you are offering now.
Thanks for the heads up.

That is freelancing for you. One day you won’t know how to complete all the projects, another day you won’t know where are all the people in the world. If you are living as a freelancer, there is always a risk compared to an assured, steady income if you have a job. But you can always take that extra free time and work on some other skills that you can use to support your current skillset or build a new one. Both the situations have their perks.

Just like any personal business, anything can go wrong. However, you need to be on top of your game and move with the trend in your niche.

Every self employment is this way. Whether it’s online or not.

That is obvious never rely on one source of income. This is what your common sense says to you. Anyways, Thanks for the great tip and I am sure people will consider about leaving their jobs.

yeh thats true there is no certainty in freelance work… well for some time now i wish i could find a way to earn some passive income…may be by setting up and online store or something…fiverr is awesome but u gotta have some backup right … let me know if u guys find some ideas :slight_smile:

You are very welcome :slight_smile:

I don’t judge anyone dear. I am just saying no one quits the job they have.
And is not about that. Here in fiverr they took down my gig by mistake once and I contacted they said nothing wrong with my gig. Then a couple of weeks later with no sales I re contacted and they said they took it down by mistake. That mistakes cost a lot.
If you are going to quit your job it is better to be in many freelnace websites and have strong account in all as well.

please allow me to copy and paste this message i wrote previously:
“I don’t judge anyone dear. I am just saying no one quits the job they have.
And is not about that. Here in fiverr they took down my gig by mistake once and I contacted they said nothing wrong with my gig. Then a couple of weeks later with no sales I re contacted and they said they took it down by mistake. That mistakes cost a lot.
If you are going to quit your job it is better to be in many freelance websites and have strong account in all as well.”

I know about competition. I cant stand tho 0 sales from 01 May every year for 5 months after.

I am offering everything photoshop can do. when you have 1 or 2 clicks per gig what else can you do? I am trying changing stuff for weeks now. I am fed up. thanks tho :slight_smile:

it’s a great freelance website. As i said in the first paragraph it may be the best :slight_smile:

I thing every thing happen with respect to time. If you run with time you will get what you want if you don’t then you decrease gradually day by day.
Thank U !!

interesting. well for now fiverr.com is my only source, but off course for every business don’t put’ all your eggs in one basket ’

I agree here. Some weeks I do really well and some, not well at all. I am not sure I could rely on it for my only source of income.