Why you should NEVER quit your job for FIVERR

aggelosmariospa

Fiverr. What can I say for this website? How many thanks should I give to the people who created this website and I managed to learn how it feels like to make your own money thanks to them. The happiness you take when you quit taking pocket money from your parents and in fact start something yours. Aside the money you can earn, you also learn new software, you start knowing new people & cultures. I learned photoshop for example and now I am in a great level and also met some great people here. A BIG THANK YOU FIVERR. But… There is always a but.

It is a great website. You can use it to start your career and motivate yourself to learn new stuff. You can also make some extra earnings (no one says no to extra income). But please PLEASE do not leave your job for fiverr. You may have 20 sales per day and suddenly one day you will drop to 0. This what happened to me at least 3 times the 2 years I am in this website. And now I am making a few $$ only with old customers and I am thinking of leaving fiverr. So even if you think your account is strong and you make plenty of $$$ don’t decide to leave your job for Fiverr.

I have nothing against fiverr but when my sales dropped to 0 suddenly in one day in May 01 then I can’t rely on that website.
This is my advice to people here. Make your extra earnings KEEP YOUR JOB!

Thank you.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s a lot of competition on here and one day a new seller comes along and does the service faster and better than you and then you lose that market. Same as with any market, not just internet. It is a constant evolving market and increased competition and at the end of the day it is up to you to make it work for you and be competitive to stay in this market.

That is freelancing for you. One day you won’t know how to complete all the projects, another day you won’t know where are all the people in the world. If you are living as a freelancer, there is always a risk compared to an assured, steady income if you have a job. But you can always take that extra free time and work on some other skills that you can use to support your current skillset or build a new one. Both the situations have their perks.

yeh thats true there is no certainty in freelance work… well for some time now i wish i could find a way to earn some passive income…may be by setting up and online store or something…fiverr is awesome but u gotta have some backup right … let me know if u guys find some ideas 🙂

I don’t judge anyone dear. I am just saying no one quits the job they have.
And is not about that. Here in fiverr they took down my gig by mistake once and I contacted they said nothing wrong with my gig. Then a couple of weeks later with no sales I re contacted and they said they took it down by mistake. That mistakes cost a lot.
If you are going to quit your job it is better to be in many freelnace websites and have strong account in all as well.

please allow me to copy and paste this message i wrote previously:
“I don’t judge anyone dear. I am just saying no one quits the job they have.
And is not about that. Here in fiverr they took down my gig by mistake once and I contacted they said nothing wrong with my gig. Then a couple of weeks later with no sales I re contacted and they said they took it down by mistake. That mistakes cost a lot.
If you are going to quit your job it is better to be in many freelance websites and have strong account in all as well.”

I know about competition. I cant stand tho 0 sales from 01 May every year for 5 months after.

Fiverr is a place where I have received the second most luck (aside from my blog) in selling things online, and I agree. Sales may plummet out of nowhere, but there are ways to avoid this!

Once you acquire momentum, do not get lazy. Spend some extra cash on marketing (there are PLENTY of Gigs on this site which offer these services) or even self-market, depending on your status in social media and contacts. Continue to share your links, despite the amount of clicks and sales you get!

If I notice that my Gig acquires many impressions with a minimal amount of clicks, I change the picture and title. If the problem still exists, I change the category. If I acquire many impressions AND clicks without purchases, that tells me to change my description, product, and price for the thing that I am selling.

Although, I do agree with what you said. You should not quit your job for this unless this is your job. With a job, however, it is hard to keep the momentum going when your attention is stretched.

dont leave your day job…many times the orders may go down to 0, im sure for some its also because of there NOT SO TRUE professional commitment to the jobs they pick up. Like im in now, on the last day the gig provider says i cant finish get another (because designer has a request to revise)…so what should be said is that ‘be dedicated and dont run a mile when your faced with a serious business person who wants his job done properly’. All gig providers are here to do a good job, do it and many of you wont go down to 0 jobs…

Competition is getting stronger and stronger every day on fiverr, i think thats the reason why most of the seller are facing this issue even me , my sales dropped to almost 50% . And my only choice is to decrease my sales price and lets see whether it will work or not.

That’s really important advice. Competition here is really big and keeps on growing. So you have to be really lucky to get some orders, especially expensive (unfortunately for fiverr > $50 means gig is extremely expensive)

So bad,I am thinking twice about this.I did a job for a client, gave him 4 revisions and he was not satisfied. Each time I revised the work,he comes up with a new recommendation that is completely different from the one for which he placed order.He gave me a bad review and withdraw his money after the order was already marked as complete several weeks before.That dropped my impressions on fiverr, I can bid for new jobs and I just feel terrible.Fiverr rocks and sucks!

Archived