Will changing the price of a gig effect the price of current orders?

fionalibby

Hi everyone! I’m thinking about raising the price for my gigs, since each project is taking more time than I had planned, and I’m getting a few too many orders at once. If I change the price of a gig, will that the change the price of ongoing orders through that gig? For example, if someone ordered 4 days ago, and I change my gig price now, will their order be impacted? I don’t want them to have to deal with suddenly seeing a new price tag on their order.

Yes, it will ‘affect rank’. But if you can’t handle the current load of orders, and/or feel underpaid for your work, it’s usually a good idea to charge more anyway.

In case you didn’t already know, gigs go through a review when they’re edited, and might be down for a few days. So, if you have other edits to make, try to make them all at once, per gig.

Very nice work, by the way. If you don’t mind one piece of advice, you should consider adding a FAQ that outlines what counts as a ‘revision’. ((FAQ) 1-3, if you’d like to see what I use.)

Yes, it will ‘affect rank’. But if you can’t handle the current load of orders, and/or feel underpaid for your work, it’s usually a good idea to charge more anyway.

In case you didn’t already know, gigs go through a review when they’re edited, and might be down for a few days. So, if you have other edits to make, try to make them all at once, per gig.

Very nice work, by the way. If you don’t mind one piece of advice, you should consider adding a FAQ that outlines what counts as a ‘revision’. ((FAQ) 1-3, if you’d like to see what I use.)

Thanks, that’s really helpful, and I’ll definitely look into that FAQ section!

Archived