Will client canceling order affect my ratings?

belyndab

I had a very tough start with my first order on Fiverr. The client gave me a 3.7 rating after my delivery. I thought I’d never get an order again until I did which boost my profile rating.

So, I came online earlier today and saw I had an active order without any communication from the client. I was baffled and excited at the same time. The client didn’t state what he needed. But before I could reach out, I got a dispute notification that the client wanted to cancel the order because he didn’t need the service anymore. All within 30 minutes. That felt awful because I don’t need anything that’d affect my ratings again.

I have to respond to the dispute within the next 2 days but I need to be sure what to expect after that, please. Does order cancellation by the client affect the seller’s ratings? I need to know to understand this to know how to respond. I’ve reached out to the client but the client isn’t online since then.

Please, can someone give me the best advice I need to save my profile from being wrecked without me actually doing anything wrong?

I had a very tough start with my first order on Fiverr. The client gave me a 3.7 rating after my delivery. I thought I’d never get an order again until I did which boost my profile rating.

So, I came online earlier today and saw I had an active order without any communication from the client. I was baffled and excited at the same time. The client didn’t state what he needed. But before I could reach out, I got a dispute notification that the client wanted to cancel the order because he didn’t need the service anymore. All within 30 minutes. That felt awful because I don’t need anything that’d affect my ratings again.

I have to respond to the dispute within the next 2 days but I need to be sure what to expect after that, please. Does order cancellation by the client affect the seller’s ratings? I need to know to understand this to know how to respond. I’ve reached out to the client but the client isn’t online since then.

Please, can someone give me the best advice I need to save my profile from being wrecked without me actually doing anything wrong?

Does order cancellation by the client affect the seller’s ratings?

An order cancellation won’t affect your ratings, but it will affect your order completion rate.

If your order completion rate is below 90% (if you cancel this order it’ll be 50% since this is your second order), you won’t be able to move up to Level 1.

In your situation, this was not your fault AT ALL. The buyer made a mistake by ordering a service he didn’t need, and now wants to cancel it. I would suggest contacting Fiverr CS and letting them know what happened so that they can cancel the order without it affecting your stats! I hope this helps!

Does order cancellation by the client affect the seller’s ratings?

An order cancellation won’t affect your ratings, but it will affect your order completion rate.

If your order completion rate is below 90% (if you cancel this order it’ll be 50% since this is your second order), you won’t be able to move up to Level 1.

In your situation, this was not your fault AT ALL. The buyer made a mistake by ordering a service he didn’t need, and now wants to cancel it. I would suggest contacting Fiverr CS and letting them know what happened so that they can cancel the order without it affecting your stats! I hope this helps!

Best advice I ever had in Fiverr. Thank you so so so so much. I actually didn’t reply the dispute after reading this. I just copied your comment, reached out to CS through the Resolution Centre, explained what happened and also included your comment as to what I received in the forum as the way forward. Order got cancelled in less than an hour and nothing in my account was affected. To think I still get paid too, according to ToS for order cancellation. Clients really need to understand that a trivial as their mistakes may seem, it affects buyers greatly. I’m so very happy everything got resolved and on time. Thank you again.

Best advice I ever had in Fiverr. Thank you so so so so much. I actually didn’t reply the dispute after reading this. I just copied your comment, reached out to CS through the Resolution Centre, explained what happened and also included your comment as to what I received in the forum as the way forward. Order got cancelled in less than an hour and nothing in my account was affected. To think I still get paid too, according to ToS for order cancellation. Clients really need to understand that a trivial as their mistakes may seem, it affects buyers greatly. I’m so very happy everything got resolved and on time. Thank you again.

You would only get paid if you delivered an order to the buyer.

Your post sounds as though the buyer wanted to cancel before you even knew what they wanted done (you said no communication from the buyer) therefore, you have not delivered any work to them.

Be glad they cancelled it for you and it did not make your completion rate tank.

GG

You would only get paid if you delivered an order to the buyer.

Your post sounds as though the buyer wanted to cancel before you even knew what they wanted done (you said no communication from the buyer) therefore, you have not delivered any work to them.

Be glad they cancelled it for you and it did not make your completion rate tank.

GG

I’m extremely glad. Thanks

Archived