Will Fiverr CS Support Me?

cyaxrex

I detest life coaches. There are no words that can describe my loathing for every single life coach that has ever landed in my inbox or placed an order directly and provided me with a long rant about how amazing they are.

All that any of them are intellectually capable of is telling other people they are life coaches. Trying to squeeze any substance out of their claims is like trying to floss your teeth with a shoelace. Neither are any of them EVER satisfied with anything I deliver.

For this reason, I quickly shoo away any life coach I can to protect my mental health. Now, though, I have a new life coach who has ordered my premium gig directly, despite my package clearly stating that people need to contact me prior to ordering.

seocontent.png.78c77ee7916250014623118069e6b323.png

And guess what? - Their order details are a mess. They haven’t provided any of the basic information I need to work on their order. All they’ve done is send me this:

Sales Copy

https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/

Get people to buy my programs or Book a strategy session

I will have to cancel this order. I ask people to contact me before ordering this package to avoid exactly this situation. However, I am sick to death of the fact that every time I am having a nice run on Fiverr, it suddenly comes to a dramatic stall because of unavoidable cancellations like this.

So, my plan is to contact CS and ask that they cancel this order for me without it affecting my stats. My justifications will be:

• The buyer has not contacted me prior to ordering as stated clearly on my gig.
  • They have not provided anywhere near the amount of basic information I need to work on their order.
  • This buyers’ request does not align with what I offer. (They have ordered 6 pages of content but asked for 1).

I’m also going to say it like it is. I work hard to keep my clients happy, even if this means regular all-nighters to get a job done, giving free revisions, and putting up with occasional abuse. As a result, cancelation penalties that are beyond my control to avoid cause severe stress that is ultimately very damaging for my mental wellbeing.

The only question is, do I stand a chance at having CS cancel and not have this affect my stats like I want?

Mmmm, I think it’s a very tiny bit chance that they will side with you…
(And it’s actually mostly not siding with you, they need to also pick a “reason for cancellation” on their side and this above reasons quite vague. The last has more chances for a cancellation without affecting your stats though)

I think what I would’ve tried as you still have time on your order is to contact them and ask for more information, if they are unresponsive or if they are still not giving clear guidance then I think you might have a higher chance with CS saying that they ordered by accident wrong package

Mmmm, I think it’s a very tiny bit chance that they will side with you…

(And it’s actually mostly not siding with you, they need to also pick a “reason for cancellation” on their side and this above reasons quite vague. The last has more chances for a cancellation without affecting your stats though)

I think what I would’ve tried as you still have time on your order is to contact them and ask for more information, if they are unresponsive or if they are still not giving clear guidance then I think you might have a higher chance with CS saying that they ordered by accident wrong package

I think what I would’ve tried as you still have time on your order is to contact them and ask for more information,

The problem is, I don’t want more information. I ask people buying this package to contact me before ordering because there are some niches I do not work with and some people I just can’t help. I’ve even had one person message me asking me to write copy for their human leather company. (Clothes made out of people skin.)

If CS won’t cancel without this affecting my stats, so be it. I’m still canceling though.

If you are an amazing life coach yet can’t read a gig description on Fiverr before buying, or read basic requirement instructions, I’m not going to be a moral reprobate and help you tell others that you are a genius who can change their life for $5K with a few chats on ■■■■■.

I think what I would’ve tried as you still have time on your order is to contact them and ask for more information,

The problem is, I don’t want more information. I ask people buying this package to contact me before ordering because there are some niches I do not work with and some people I just can’t help. I’ve even had one person message me asking me to write copy for their human leather company. (Clothes made out of people skin.)

If CS won’t cancel without this affecting my stats, so be it. I’m still canceling though.

If you are an amazing life coach yet can’t read a gig description on Fiverr before buying, or read basic requirement instructions, I’m not going to be a moral reprobate and help you tell others that you are a genius who can change their life for $5K with a few chats on ■■■■■.

This is the one flaw in the Fiverr’s business model of “let’s turn services into products”; services aren’t products. Great sales copy requires details that writers can’t make up. When buyers ignore requirements and refuse to provide basic information, it’s impossible to do a good job for them.

If CS wants to protect future Fiverr buyers and sellers, they should cancel the order without consequence.

This is the one flaw in the Fiverr’s business model of “let’s turn services into products”; services aren’t products. Great sales copy requires details that writers can’t make up. When buyers ignore requirements and refuse to provide basic information, it’s impossible to do a good job for them.

If CS wants to protect future Fiverr buyers and sellers, they should cancel the order without consequence.

Great sales copy requires details that writers can’t make up.

This is why when people do message me inquiring about this package, I send a questionnaire that covers all the basic information I need a buyer to provide. When I can’t help, I then explain why.

I know that asking buyers to contact you first never works. However, I only have this requirement on this one package. My error has been assuming that people will not spend $140 without thinking.

Maybe he means charge much more, like $100 more and send her an extra for that for some excuse.

Then if you’re lucky she will initiate cancelling and you won’t take the hit.

If buyers initiate cancellations sellers don’t take a hit? Is this accurate?

If there is anything I can do here, it’s make the buyer not want to work with me.

Great sales copy requires details that writers can’t make up.

This is why when people do message me inquiring about this package, I send a questionnaire that covers all the basic information I need a buyer to provide. When I can’t help, I then explain why.

I know that asking buyers to contact you first never works. However, I only have this requirement on this one package. My error has been assuming that people will not spend $140 without thinking.

Not sure if cs would really get your justification:

1. The buyer has not contacted me prior to ordering as stated clearly on my gig.
  2. They have not provided anywhere near the amount of basic information I need to work on their order.
  3. This buyers’ request does not align with what I offer. (They have ordered 6 pages of content but asked for 1).

1: so what, our system is like that they can order right away on purpose, deal with it, if you need more info, contact them

2. see 1.

3. so what, either put all the content you’d deliver for 6 pages on 1 page or spread it on 6 pages as you feel best

4. work it out with the customer

The above aren’t my thoughts (!) but how I imagine some cs people who have never worked as a Fiverr seller/in your niche might think when reading your justification.

Worth a try still, I guess, as there’s at least a chance you’ll get someone who gets your arguments, while there probably is no chance for no hit to your stats if you request the cancellation from the buyer.

Buyer might think similarly - again, not my thoughts as a fellow Fiverr seller but how I imagine some customers may think, not my thoughts:

1. I could order this gig, so I did, and paid, I want website copy, you offer website copy, so what’s the problem
  2. If you need more info, why don’t you ask, what’s the problem
  3. You’re the pro, I paid for 6 pages, so write 6 pages of content that sells my stuff and deliver them, or if you think 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 pages work better, put the 6 pages of content on 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 pages and tell me why that’s better, what’s the problem

All in all, I guess neither cs nor buyer might understand why you want to cancel with that as reasoning but I hope it will work out well for you, or at least won’t do much harm; if you get some orders soon after the cancellation, it might not be too bad.

My error has been assuming that people will not spend $140 without thinking.

It definitely doesn’t work like that, people who have more money to spend, often can afford not just that money but also some accompanying thoughtlessness, carelessness, coolness, laissez-faire attitude-ness, whatever you or they may call it. Or they expect you to do the thinking for them, exactly because they spent that amount of money, or …

Never assume. (Could be a good Fiverr seller motto …)*

Hope all turns out well in any case, curious to hear the outcome.

*probably a good Fiverr Buyer motto, too, and a good Fiverr cs motto, while we’re at it

Personally, I don’t think it works like that, it’s the cancellation reason/justification that determines if you take a hit or no. But I’m happy to learn different if anyone has valid information like that.

If there is anything I can do here, it’s make the buyer not want to work with me.

I’m not sure about the stats, but I think your buyer can leave a review (like maybe a one star saying “the seller could not do the work”)

The buyer has not contacted me prior to ordering as stated clearly on my gig

There is no writings in Fiverr’s TOS that buyer should contact us before ordering (I mean, all of us describe everything in the gig description but we know buyers are lazy to read, and most buyers just won’t do as you say)

What I suggest is to use all your 10 requirements in the following manner:

• use 5 for basic and standrd gigs,
  • use 5 for premium packages
  • make all requirements mandatory

Example: 1 ~ 5 “what is…?”

6 ~ 10 “if you have purchased the premium package, please write down XYZ. if not, please answer NP”

Or something like that,

The advantage is that your buyers will not be able to start the order without filling the requirements, and if they are basic or standards orders, it will be easy for them to complete the requirements.

If they are Premium, they will have to be serious about it. If they are not, then your order is not going to start (less hard-and-frustrating work for you). If the order start without an accurate filling of the requirements, you can use that as a stronger proof to the CS rather than saying they did not provide enough information.

do I stand a chance at having CS cancel and not have this affect my stats like I want?

This question is divided in two parts, first, the chance to cancel, and second, the stats.

For the second part, I really don’t know.

But for the first part I have some theories:

• CS is more likely not to cancel it. Because there is no statement saying that the buyer has to contact you before ordering, even if you instructed them to do so.
  • CS is more likely not to cancel it. Because Fiverr gets commissions, which is a fact. And the higher the amount, the better it is for the commissions. (Fyi, some gigs start at $100 and they still have 5~10 orders in queue every day, while the delivery day is set at 24h)
  • CS is more likely not to cancel this order. Because it can be solved between you and the buyer. As stated in the formation on “how to become a better seller on Fiverr” (I’m not sure this is the accurate title though), communication is the key. So it’s like testing your communication skills as a seller, so to say.

IMPORTANT

I am not judging the CS, the buyer, or you. This is just some theories, with some suggestions. Please do not take this personally.

The most effective way to handle this in the future is to use your Requirements Page as a tool for all packages, not only for basics and standards orders.

NOTE

This can be an improvement in Fiverr’s site. Like setting specific requirements for each package. But that also means more work for sellers

One way to counter those orders is to put in your description something like “I don’t accept orders which are against Fiverr’s TOS”. So you’ll be able to defend yourself that human skin business-related order is something against the TOS (I’m not an expert but you know what I’m trying to say)

I know that asking buyers to contact you first never works

Imagine, CS see this and say something like “okay, you know it, then why did you do it anyway?”. And they don’t cancel the order. (this is supposed to be a joke, but it’s not funny when I say it) :man_facepalming:t4:

Which is practically not possible. They purchased because they want to work with you. And you don’t want to take a hit (stats or reviews) so you’ll want them to have good experience with you.

It definitely doesn’t work like that, people who have more money to spend, often can afford not just that money but also some accompanying thoughtlessness, carelessness, coolness, laissez-faire attitude-ness, whatever you or they may call it. Or they expect you to do the thinking for them, exactly because they spent that amount of money

In one point of view, this is correct. In another it could be that this amount was really easy to afford for them. So they may think that “you are the expert, I purchase the premium because I have the money, and I want to be treated like a premium, but I order basics stuffs, etc.”

NOTE

If the buyer sees this, please don’t take it personal, we are only discussing probabilities

Personally, I don’t think it works like that, it’s the cancellation reason /justification that determines if you take a hit or no.

I really have no clue about this, but I’m open to the discussion too.

I hope this helps 😊

My most recent cancellation was where the buyer was charged twice for one order. I had to initiate a cancellation. My stats took a hit. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

They were new to fiverr and couldn’t figure out how to initiate it themselves.

I NEVER have a cancellation that is my fault or that can be avoided.

My most recent cancellation was where the buyer was charged twice for one order. I had to initiate a cancellation. My stats took a hit. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I’m sorry about it.

Is it possible that they were so evil and pretended to not know, so that you would take a hit?

I’m sorry about it.

Is it possible that they were so evil and pretended to not know, so that you would take a hit?

No. They were not evil, they were very nice. Or if not they were a good actor. And they would have had to be willing to pay over $100 to do it. They got a legitimate order.

I’m sorry to hear that. The same thing happened to me recently as well miss C. One order after the other.

In my case the buyer wanted the card charge refunded as well, and I knew that was not going to happen automatically if we cancel mutually, so I advised to contact CS directly as I can’t really help with that. The buyer was not so pleased with the idea of contacting support due to extra hassle it was going to cause and loss of time. Then one thing led to another and the decision was to continue with the order so I managed to upsell an additional service on the other order. The buyer was very happy with the service in the end on both orders so it was a win-win situation.

These kind of buyers and cancellations are more like lottery, so if you get one that is impossible to handle without cancelling, your stats take a hit. This is unfair and depend on pure luck. It would be far better if cancellations were regulated in a better way.

I’ve had a similar experience recently. The buyer requested me to do something that wasn’t promoted in my gig. I contacted CS (and in multiplle similar ocasions) and their answer was the same: “I can cancel your order but keep in mind that the system is the one changing your stats depending on multiple factors, we can’t influence it” (not exactly but this was the main idea). I actually managed to sort things out with the buyer in the end. I mean, could this be true? I am kind of new here but tbh, I didn’t hear any person saying that they canceled their order through CS without affecting their stats.
The single time this actually worked for me was when somebody placed an order but didn’t submit the requirements, so the order was actually incomplete. Fiverr says that this kind of orders will be able to be canceled after 7 days. 10 days passed and I didn’t get any option to cancel the order but just through Resoltion Center. I contacted the CS and they told me the same thing as I said above. I took a shot and it didn’t actually affect my stats.
I can totally get you, I get scared everytime I see that someone placed an order without contacting me before. I really hope they will do some improvements on this side because it really gets annoying sometimes!
I’m really curious if this is going to work for you!

I’m sorry to hear that. The same thing happened to me recently as well miss C. One order after the other.

In my case the buyer wanted the card charge refunded as well, and I knew that was not going to happen automatically if we cancel mutually, so I advised to contact CS directly as I can’t really help with that. The buyer was not so pleased with the idea of contacting support due to extra hassle it was going to cause and loss of time. Then one thing led to another and the decision was to continue with the order so I managed to upsell an additional service on the other order. The buyer was very happy with the service in the end on both orders so it was a win-win situation.

These kind of buyers and cancellations are more like lottery, so if you get one that is impossible to handle without cancelling, your stats take a hit. This is unfair and depend on pure luck. It would be far better if cancellations were regulated in a better way.

Whoa you turned a problem into an upsell! That’s awesome!

I’ve had that situation (buyer got charged 2x, even 3x in one case - I think buyers might sometimes get impatient when “nothing happens” right away and order again > double/triple order) and the cancellations were done by cs, both at my as well as at the buyer’s request in one case, and my rate stayed up where it was.

I’ve had that situation (buyer got charged 2x, even 3x in one case - I think buyers might sometimes get impatient when “nothing happens” right away and order again > double/triple order) and the cancellations were done by cs, both at my as well as at the buyer’s request in one case, and my rate stayed up where it was.

Thanks miiila next time I will ask CS. They are usually fast about responding to requests to cancel. In this case it seemed like I needed to take immediate action to cancel her extra order as she seemed panicky.

Thanks miiila next time I will ask CS. They are usually fast about responding to requests to cancel. In this case it seemed like I needed to take immediate action to cancel her extra order as she seemed panicky.

I just told the buyer in such cases that I forwarded the issue to support and that they’ll get a refund soon, support is really fast in my experience, all the more since I got my current level, so that should work for you too.

But if the buyer was really panicky, it might have been better to cancel right away.

In the triple order case, all that happened while I was asleep, so apparently the customer had contacted cs on their part and I woke up to 1 order + 2 cancellations by the same person which was a bit confounding until I figured out what had happened, but my OCR was just fine.

Archived