Will not leave a tip "Later"

hoicsi

After accepting a delivery, the next screen after leaving my evaluation of the seller’s service is the message “It’s customary to leave a tip for the seller’s service” and I can either choose to leave a tip or click on the “later” button. No option to say no. No, I will not leave a tip when I as a buyer already pay a 10-20% fee after every order I make, and Fiverr also want to apply the same charges to every tip I might leave. So I would like to see a “no, thanks” button or an equivalent on the interface to opt out from leaving a tip. Even better, stop charging the buyer for tipping. It may be customary to leave a tip, but charging me for tipping is contrary to it; charge the seller if you must. Oh but you already charge them too, do not you?!

• Like 18

After accepting a delivery, the next screen after leaving my evaluation of the seller’s service is the message “It’s customary to leave a tip for the seller’s service” and I can either choose to leave a tip or click on the “later” button. No option to say no. No, I will not leave a tip when I as a buyer already pay a 10-20% fee after every order I make, and Fiverr also want to apply the same charges to every tip I might leave. So I would like to see a “no, thanks” button or an equivalent on the interface to opt out from leaving a tip. Even better, stop charging the buyer for tipping. It may be customary to leave a tip, but charging me for tipping is contrary to it; charge the seller if you must. Oh but you already charge them too, do not you?!

Even better, stop charging the buyer for tipping. It may be customary to leave a tip, but charging the me for tipping is contrary to it; charge the seller if you must. Oh but you already charge them too, do not you?!

Hi Hoicsi, you are absolutely right. Fiverr takes charge from both side (Seller & Buyer) for every order and tip as well. This should be resolved and the charging system from buyer side should be removed for giving a tip. Really, this is too much.

• Like 10

Actually, Fiverr takes a 20% fee from the seller, buyers, as stated in the terms of service, pay US$2 for orders of up to US$40 and 5% for orders from US$40 up, so yes, they do as they must and it wouldn’t be fair to charge the sellers even more, seeing that 20% vs 5%.
In case buyers wouldn’t be charged that 5% but sellers 25% instead, sellers would need to catch that in their pricing anyway, so it wouldn’t really make a difference for buyers.

You don’t have to leave a tip, I left one for my last 2 orders because I was really happy with the delivery and the price the seller asked was very fair, so I don’t remember what exactly to click to not leave one because it’s quite a while that I didn’t leave a tip but I have also ordered before without leaving a tip, so it’s definitely possible, the site won’t force anyone to leave a tip …

I agree with not charging a fee for tipping, however, we know that’s due to some sellers/buyers abusing the tipping function else to partly evade the fee for the actual service, but I really wish Fiverr could find a better way to handle that than to charge a fee on tips indeed.

• Like 11

Actually, Fiverr takes a 20% fee from the seller, buyers, as stated in the terms of service, pay US$2 for orders of up to US$40 and 5% for orders from US$40 up, so yes, they do as they must and it wouldn’t be fair to charge the sellers even more, seeing that 20% vs 5%.

In case buyers wouldn’t be charged that 5% but sellers 25% instead, sellers would need to catch that in their pricing anyway, so it wouldn’t really make a difference for buyers.

You don’t have to leave a tip, I left one for my last 2 orders because I was really happy with the delivery and the price the seller asked was very fair, so I don’t remember what exactly to click to not leave one because it’s quite a while that I didn’t leave a tip but I have also ordered before without leaving a tip, so it’s definitely possible, the site won’t force anyone to leave a tip …

I agree with not charging a fee for tipping, however, we know that’s due to some sellers/buyers abusing the tipping function else to partly evade the fee for the actual service, but I really wish Fiverr could find a better way to handle that than to charge a fee on tips indeed.

I agree with not charging a fee for tipping, however, we know that’s due to some sellers/buyers abusing the tipping function else to partly evade the fee for the actual service

This is the exact reason why they apply fees on tips. It’s quite understandable.

• Like 6

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Tips are optional, and should be optional. Right now, a seller's review will not appear unless a tip is provided. This is seriously effed up. I will only use Fiverr as a venue of last resort until these issues are addressed. Get your act together, Fiverr.  Seriously.

• Like 5

Just now, axsheppard said:

Tips are optional, and should be optional. Right now, a seller's review will not appear unless a tip is provided.

The review does appear, you are not forced to offer a tip. They do encourage tipping quite a bit, true, however it was never mandatory, not will it be.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

The review does appear, you are not forced to offer a tip. They do encourage tipping quite a bit, true, however it was never mandatory, not will it be.

So funny watching people threaten to rage quit over something that they clearly haven't even bothered to understand. 

• Like 8

On 5/8/2023 at 3:56 PM, axsheppard said:

Tips are optional, and should be optional. Right now, a seller's review will not appear unless a tip is provided. This is seriously effed up. I will only use Fiverr as a venue of last resort until these issues are addressed. Get your act together, Fiverr.  Seriously.

Yeah, I don't know what you're talking about. Reviews appear regardless of the tip. It is not mandatory in the slightest, and tipping makes sellers happier and encourages to keep delivery awesome work. I understand not doing it all the time, but I don't understand getting angry about it. 

• Like 4

• 9 months later...

Fiverr I've been using your service for many years now and have mostly been satisfied, but seeing this new message pop up after completing a job is a real turn-off. It is not customary to tip. I am not American and the majority of the world does not have a tipping culture - you are quoted a price for a service and the pay on delivery for a job done. I can see why you push the tipping because you take a cut of it which is wrong in itself. Lift your game 

• Like 4