Fiverr Community Forum

Will the current, 2020 10% off Fiverr order be taken from my earnings?

I contacted Customer Support to ask the 10% off question because I could not find a thread on the forum.

My question to any expert is, does the current promo code for 10% off of a Fiverr buyer’s first time purchase affect my earnings on that transaction? Where is the discount taken from?

If I get a response from CS I will share it here.

3 Likes

I saw that! I also want to know. They already take 20% of our earnings, how much more do they want?

1 Like

Also if my buyers ask me I need to know how to correctly answer them about this discount code.

1 Like

Yep. It will take it.

1 Like

Darn it😞 I half expected it anyway

It shouldn’t affect you.

Suggest you keep an eye on the order and contact Customer Support so that they can reimburse you if there is a problem.

5 Likes

I did contact CS and they replied right away. They wanted to know the exact promo code 30GET10 just to make sure she gives me the correct information. I will keep you posted.

1 Like

Of course it will not effect your earnings. You aren’t offering the extra 10% off, Fiverr is. If it was something that would effect a seller directly Fiverr would simply raise the 20% fee to 30%.

1 Like

Here is the reply from customer service:

“regarding the other question - you are paid as per usual, no deduction will be taken from you, as the promo codes are issued by Fiverr and will be covered by us.”

4 Likes

there, you should not be worried. you will get exactly as you expected :smiley:

1 Like

Have you experienced this before or are you just guessing?

It’s discounted from the 20% cut Fiverr takes - they’ll be making 10% instead.

1 Like

My latest buyer will probably never buy anything else on Fiverr and it was his first order.

My price was 30$ he had discount code 30% so I offered the price of 39$.

He accepted.

1 Like

Based on my answer from customer service you should get all your earnings from the order.