Fiverr Forum

Winrar files

i bought some articles but i cant open them. it says they are in a rar file. when i researched this i have to order something online to get a free trial. how do i open this without buying something else???

Rar files are a common compressed format. Fiverr encourages their use for multiple files, so I wouldn’t blame the seller for using them. You could just ask the seller to send you the files individually if it’s not too much hassle

download 7-zip. It can extract a rar file. search it on google. I’ve been using them since they released it =)

Winrar for windows or unrarx for mac,both free.

:wink:

WinRar unpacks as well. It says “Free trial”, but that trial never actually runs out and the product is always free.

I always assumed everybody knew how to unzip RAR files, but then suddenly about 30% of my customers came back saying they didn’t know how. Back then you couldn’t attach multiple files to an order, it sucked :frowning: I started ZIP, people still got confused :o now I use .ODT (word file format) and yet again, nobody knows what is going on :frowning:

I always provide zip files as well (if applicable), the built in windows file opener does help

The beauty of Open office is you can save as both odt and doc. I generally find working on Open Office is great, but always save any documents as .doc or pdf.

Open Office is great - because it’s free. The only issue being the file type ODT - if you do not know about Open Office, you’d probably be very stumped on how to open it

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

you can find lots of versions of winrar or winzip, or you could use 7zip. i always ask my buyers to provide me the material in a rar archive, and many times i deliver my work in an archive. it`s safer and faster this way…

I definitely use only Zip files to deliver my orders. Since the beginning I assumed people could have trouble with Rar files, but because Zip files are naturally supported by Windows, then I’ve always used Zip files. :wink:

Best Of Luck.

I always attach a readme text file with all orders.

I use a free software called RarKnife (or something like that).

Reply to @atechkid: That’s smart! +1 like