Fiverr Forum

Wish I could submit reviews on canceled orders

I paid for a gig last week on an urgently needed graphic. Seller FRAGGLESROCK accepted my job, only to cancel 1 hour before it was due. This seller has a 99% positive rating, and it was on this rating that I selected him. I understand if a gig is too difficult and cancellation is necessary. But 1 HOUR before deadline? I’d love to let other buyers know, but there’s no way to do that in a review. So for what it’s worth, seller FRAGGLESROCK will cancel your order right before deadline. Buyer beware.

Sheriff’s Note: It is not cool (or allowed) to call out others on the Forum.

Some sellers, particularly those who have massive queues, tend not to look at orders until they are ready to start them. There are a couple of reasons for this. Firstly, it is very difficult to read every gig that comes in, some will inevitably get missed. Secondly, if you have a ton of orders in your queue the ‘to do’ page is glitchy as hell. For me it only displays the next 25 orders before it starts to loop back on itself. This can cause gigs that are not yet due to be missed until they appear in that ‘queue’.

Also you are not allowed to name people on the forums.

The problem with that… is how could you post a review for a gig you never got and were refunded for. Kind of defeats the purpose.

Some buyers, if unhappy refuse the cancel and leave a review anyway. It’s only 5 bucks.

But… the bottom line is why should you get to leave a review if you accepted a refund? Just doesn’t make any sense. But I do see your point.

My “review” would be of my experience with the seller. I see hardly any reviews here that are restricted to the product alone. Most will include something like “quick turnaround” or “wonderful to deal with.” They’re rating the experience. I didn’t receive the product, but I certainly had an experience. I wish there were an outlet for rating that.

ryangillam, I appreciate your insight, but I hope you don’t mean to infer that this guy didn’t get around to even reviewing my order until 1 hr prior to deadline. Was he really going to create me a “professional vintage logo” at my specific direction 60 minutes before deadline?? Don’t think so. Dude was either lazy or my task was too difficult. A good seller looks at his orders sooner than 60 min. to deadline. I should have eaten the $5 and left a apt review. In fact, perhaps I’ll send the same order and do just that!

@thomsendad. I do see your point. But I’m simply explaining why things are the way they are.

You can’t have certain degrees of a policy in place. It has to be all or nothing.

And ya. The reason you don’t see that many negatives is simply because people would rather have their money back. In reality, if someone, or a few people would just count the money as a loss and post their thoughts… they could save a lot of other people the same kind of problems.

So let’s sum up what I’ve learned in my short time using Fiverr:

1- A 99% Positive rating doesn’t mean that 99% of all the seller’s engagements with buyers were positive. There could be an equal number of customers who are pissed off at the seller, but who didn’t want to eat $5 to get their take published.

2- Never order an urgent gig on Fiverr. Your order may not even be looked at until the last minute.

3- Fiverr is thus kind of a crap shoot. This was my second order. I was 110% satisfied with the first. Second order was a level 2 seller, and this fail makes me have second thoughts. I love the concept of Fiverr and it’s obviously an excellent deal. But it may not be my go-to site from now on.

thomsendad said: So let's sum up what I've learned in my short time using Fiverr:

1. True, although the odds are that the numbers are not equal, and it does not mean the customers are "pissed off at the seller." People buy things all the time, get them home and they don't fit the need, so they return it and move on.

2. Never? No. I'm sure there are Sellers that are so busy and receive so many orders, they do not have the time or resources to inspect every order as it arrives. And the Fiverr "To Do" list is not so user friendly to Sellers, especially when a Seller has more than 25 orders in queue.

3. Fiverr is "a crap shoot", as are many shopping experiences. Fiverr does not screen anyone. Sign up and you're good to go. Each Buyer must do their own due diligence.

Sorry to hear you're turning sour after only two experiences, one bad and one good. Hope you stick around and give it another shot or two.

Reply to @voiceoverwork: Pray tell, how can I do my own due diligence? I perused the relevant sellers and made a decision based on reviews. What else could I have done? Seriously, I’d love to know, because now I’ve got an overdue graphics job I need done. I’d like to try Fiverr again, but I need to find a reliable seller. It doesn’t appear that there’s a way to gauge a seller’s reliability via the website.

thomsendad said: It doesn't appear that there's a way to gauge a seller's reliability via the website.

Right. Each Buyer has to make his/her best guess-timate. That's why I agreed with you that Fiverr is (or can be) a crap shoot.

Part of my due diligence is....
How long has the Seller been here?
- Your Seller, One month. For an important graphics job, I might have looked for a Seller with considerably more time on the platform.

Buyer reviews.
- I don't get excited with a lot of reviews of one or very few words, like Awesome, Great, Thumbs Up or Brilliant. I look for Sellers with Buyers that have expressed a great deal of satisfaction about the product and the service.

Good luck! :)

Reply to @voiceoverwork: Thanks for the advice. I’m trying to find another good seller now and will consider your tips. Once I order, I believe I’ll go back, make the same order of the original seller, deny his cancel request, and rake him over the coals in a review. Because karma:)

thomsendad said: I should have eaten the $5 and left a apt review. In fact, perhaps I'll send the same order and do just that!
I can definitely understand your frustration and disappointment with this experience and can agree that in many ways, using Fiverr can be a gamble. But note that placing an order simply for the intended purpose of leaving negative feedback is in violation of Fiverr policy. (You can read where they reference that here: http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/201695337-Marketplace-Etiquette.)

If you purposely order a gig with the intention of leaving negative feedback, Customer Support will likely remove the feedback anyway based on the dishonest intention.

One piece of advice I have is that when preparing to place an order, it may be helpful to contact the seller to discuss your potential project before ordering. Starting a dialogue with the seller pre-order may help to ensure that you're both on the same page in terms of what you each expect out of the transaction.

nickih said: Starting a dialogue with the seller pre-order may help to ensure that you're both on the same page in terms of what you each expect out of the transaction.

Yes, that's a key component in helping choose a great Seller. Too few Buyers do this, and it would solve or eliminate a lot of problems.

Reply to @nickih: well then my intention will be that he create the graphic I order. Maybe he canceled because he realized he couldn’t make it by deadline. Frankly, I wish he would. I poured thru dozens of sellers and his samples were hands-down the best. It was exactly what I wanted.

Reply to @voiceoverwork: Good point. Looking around for a new seller today, I’ve noticed several of them request contact prior to ordering. I suppose I was spoiled with my first order. No contact, no drama. He delivered on time and the product was excellent. And he got an excellent review. Were this second project of the same type, I’d go right back to that first seller!

For the future, if you need something and have a very specific deadline you have to meet and need the order delivered by, it is best to contact the seller beforehand, maybe confirm their schedule. Also take note of how many orders they have in their queu to give you an idea of how busy they are.

Sometimes things in life just come up too.

Reply to @thomsendad: Did you contact the seller before you placed the order?

I concur that you should be able to leave a review. Especially when you ask for modifications and then they cancel. When you do not get a full refund due to a processing fee, you didn’t get a refund.

I would also like to be able to leave a review on a seller who cancelled. Twice I have ordered a gig from a psychic who claims to answer questions, and twice she has cancelled the gig.