Fiverr Community Forum

Withdrawing money as an Indian teenager

What is the best way to withdraw my fiver income as a teenager in India?

1 Like

I am not an indian, but think and choose which one you feel you would be using the most.

I am from india, you can use paypal to get your money, from paypal you can connect your bank account and hence withdraw to your feasible bank from paypal. Though some amount of charges are surely gonna occur.

According to PayPal’s rules, a person must be at least 18 to open an account as it is illegal to enter into a contract unless you are an emancipated minor. PayPal does offer student accounts to children and teenagers, but to get one, an adult would have to sign for it and act as the primary account holder.

3 Likes

Yes, I completely agree with it.

Apart from the 20% fees of fiverr, approx 8% also deducts during the transfer of payment from paypal to bank account… It means 20+8= 28% total deduction from fiverr to paypal and from paypal to bank account.

1 Like

I am a freelancer as well and have been withdrawing since last 4 years, I suggest to use Payoneer to transfer directly to your bank account, it is a small procedure to follow but once you have your payoneer setup, it would be just one click to transfer and also it take less time to reach into your account as compared to Paypal in my experience. Mine take 1 day to showup in my account sometimes within 12 hrs.
also one of the best part is the Conversion rate (USD TO INR), which is higher then Paypal without any transaction fee for first 2-3 years and after that it would be $3 per withdraw.

1 Like

So many charges we pay them :no_mouth:. It’s worthless to sell 5 dollr gigs lol we hardly get any money out of it.

I will surely give this a try next time.

Selling a gig for $5 is actually not worthless, it helps you level up from new seller to level one and then lever 2 and if you are confident enough to sell a quality work on an international platform you must increase the gig price to what you think is the market rate or you deserve for the work. but if you won’t be able to deliver the quality. you would get only bad ratings. so think before scaling up.

2 Likes

Thank you all of you who replied me and I am going for the PayPal method.

@mamoon21
“… and I am going for the PayPal method”

Strange conclusion?

Seems, specially taking cost and @ntproductions experience into account, the case for Payoneer should be clear?

From what I know from friends confirms this: PP disproportionately high costs for some countries/ regions.
I think it’s partly to blame on PP not being able to get certain guarantees, or commitment, from those governmental or financial entities.

Not sure how it technically works, would be interesting to know why they up the fees, and what extra costs (for PP) justify this.

1 Like