Work out of gig scope

mkorek

Hi,

Did gig for a buyer. It was clearly said: Develop sites for buttons X, Y, Z.

Omitting that buyer was unresponsive (he replied just when he wanted something. Never to explain wider or take a look at proposed idea how a site should look like) finished the gig. All of the points that were on the scope are finished.

Now - he did not finish the gig, despite delivered it like 3 times already. Requesting work that was not in the scope. Clearly it was not in the scope.

Now he has his sites developed, and he still holds the money. And he still did not give me a review.

Honestly, I would tell him to go **** himself, but the review. Wouldn’t like to get a bad one.

What can I do?

Is the order currently “in revision” or does it say you delivered the order but the buyer is not accepting it?

Well it was delivered like 3 times already. Each time he marked it as “in revision” and kept demanding more.

Hi,

Did gig for a buyer. It was clearly said: Develop sites for buttons X, Y, Z.

Omitting that buyer was unresponsive (he replied just when he wanted something. Never to explain wider or take a look at proposed idea how a site should look like) finished the gig. All of the points that were on the scope are finished.

Now - he did not finish the gig, despite delivered it like 3 times already. Requesting work that was not in the scope. Clearly it was not in the scope.

Now he has his sites developed, and he still holds the money. And he still did not give me a review.

Honestly, I would tell him to go **** himself, but the review. Wouldn’t like to get a bad one.

What can I do?

And he still did not give me a review.

Buyers are not required to leave reviews. If he chooses not to do so, that is well within his rights, according to the Fiverr Terms of Service.

And he still did not give me a review.

Buyers are not required to leave reviews. If he chooses not to do so, that is well within his rights, according to the Fiverr Terms of Service.

Propably have described it vague.

Order is not finished yet. That’s why he wasnt able to leave a review

Propably have described it vague.

Order is not finished yet. That’s why he wasnt able to leave a review

That explains it.

You can either cancel the order and will have worked for nothing, or you tell him that you have completed all the order requirements and any further work is not in the scope of this order. You can offer him gig extras for additional revisions and/or additional work or you can keep delivering hoping he will get tired of it eventually and just leaves the order to complete automatically after 3 days.

In any case, I think you might be on the safer side if you contact CS about this, since the buyer is clearly abusing the revision button which violates the terms of service.

This buyer might end up threatening with a bad review unless you do additional work or cancel but don’t fall for it, he’s just trying to get free work done.

“Requesting to gain more services from Sellers beyond the agreed requirements by using the Request Revisions button is not allowed.”

The above is from the Terms of Service. Quote it to your buyer, offer him paid extras and report him to CS if he makes any threats.

Archived