Fiverr Forum

World domination perfection

It takes around 6 years :smiley:

It’d be interesting if @cre8iveartwork had this at the start of each of their gig descriptions:

"I am aiming for 100% world dominance. So, if you are not from any of the following countries, :arrow_down: piss off! Don’t even bother ordering from me.

Algeria, Libya, Bhutan, Albania, Cuba, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Iran, Syria, Yemen, Western Sahara, Sudan, Chad, Niger, Mali, South Sudan, Central African Republic, Cameroon, Republic of Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Mozambique, Madagascar, Suriname."

:rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: jk

3 Likes

Western Sahara is a country? And there are two Republics of Congo? This is amazing.

2 Likes

It is a disputed territory that claims sovereignty for itself from Morocco. Google maps identifies it as a separate country.

1 Like

I hope French Canada doesn’t get any big ideas from that. I know they don’t like being part of Canada. Or Texas for that matter. For a short time, Key West in Florida declared itself a separate country from the US. It renamed itself the Conch Republic.

1 Like

same here US and Canada is where most of my clients come from ( 12000+ sales in the US )

Actually it seems that After the US comes Australia,UK and Canada only on the 4th place :smiley:

1 Like

Most of my clients coming from Europe and the US.

And as other people mentioned there is no good or bad. I completely don’t have clients from Africa or India etc because they simply can’t afford my prices.

To be honest, I wouldn’t have expected this. I’ve always thought that other parts of the world have a stronger cultural desire for spells than in the USA. I am intrigued to have been proven wrong. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That is surprising. Even though the main language of South America is Spanish (except for Brazil, Guyana, Suriname, Aruba, Belize, Curacao, Haiti, etc), people do need services in English. So I reckon you will get international orders soon enough. I get them because I’m bilingual, and sometimes I use one or two tags in Spanish.

2 Likes

I think there is a language barrier for most of the S. American countries. It took forever for me to start getting sales from there. There is probably less English spoken in S. America than most other places.

1 Like

I’ve only lived in one Latin American country, so I can tell you this:

"English is a foreign language with a great demand in Venezuela. It is spoken by many academics and professionals and by some members of the middle and high social classes. There is an English language newspaper in Caracas: The Daily Journal , founded in 1946. The use of English arose in part due to the presence of oil companies from English speaking countries (especially from the United States) since the beginning of the 20th century.

English is taught as a compulsory subject in the secondary education and in the bachillerato for five years.

According to the syllabus approved by the Venezuelan Ministry of Education in 1986 English language is considered as a tool to communicate with people from other countries and to obtain information in the areas of humanities, technology and science. Despite the lines provided by the syllabus, few people learn to speak the language with only the knowledge acquired at school.

In some universities degree programs to train teachers or translators of English language are offered. In the rest of universities English is studied as a compulsory subject to understand texts written in this language"

There are also American Schools all over Latin-America (as well as French and German schools) were you’re taught in that language and come out speaking it perfectly.

I got my first S America order yesterday! :blush:

5 Likes

Congrats, where is your buyer from?

Argentina way south in South America! :wink: