Worst Day at Fiverr ever! (well... till now)

Woke up in the morning with a notification that, one of my buyer cancelled a 5 star rated delivered order of 285$ out of the blue (Completed it 22 days ago and withdrawn the fee). Fiverr is showing negative balance right now :confused:

Got this feedback from the seller support center

Sam Today at 13:46
Hello,

Thank you for reaching out. I’m very sorry to hear about this.

The transactions referred to were canceled due to alerts from our security department. Alerts can result from a chargeback of the payment by the buyer, an alert from our payment vendor, or an alert from other users within our network of suspicious buyer activity. In such cases, we may be required to cancel a transaction or put it on hold for your own protection (for example, a stolen credit card or other fraud activities). This is part of the service we provide to maintain a safe environment for our users.

Please keep in mind that when you don’t get paid, neither does Fiverr, and we have no access to the funds. Our Trust & Safety Team is currently reviewing the buyer’s account. Due to our Privacy Policy, we cannot disclose any actions that will be taken by our Trust & Safety Team regarding the buyer’s account.

We appreciate your understanding.

The balance will zero out when your revenue funds clear. :frowning: We are genuinely sorry to see this happened to you. :frowning:

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Kind Regards,

Some moments ago, Got another notification when I returned from my office showing:

Your Do data mining and web scraping GIG is denied!
DENY REASONS
Suspicion of fraud or spam - This Gig raises suspicions of being a fraudulent service, spam or > potentially violating Fiverr or a third party TOS.

Created another ticket and waiting for hearing what does that even mean??

I have been providing web scraping services since beginning and already completed around 20 orders most of these are web scraping/ data mining tasks. More importantly, majority of my ratings I have got from that gig (15+). I didn’t get any negative review yet! The only negative review I got was on another gig… Well that’s another story

I don’t believe I will get those 285 dollars back… and, I wonder what will happen to my best selling gig…
P.S: That buyer;s account is not accessible right now!

I wonder who came up with that template to calm down customers :smiley:

I have no idea what to do tbh. But I think everything would be alright. Don’t worry too much :slight_smile:

If you have some time left over and you’re ready for a long fight then contact BBB with this.
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

It doesn’t have to be BBB, you can find another place to complain about the service.

Does it work? I have never heard of it before tbh.

Based on my experience maybe 30% of the time it works (don’t know Fiverr stats though). With $5 order I wouldn’t bother, but $285 is a pretty decent size to ask at least.

The bottom line is that once the credit is paid out it’s not actually your problem anymore. Fiverr holds your credit for 14days, anything after that is their problem.

Thanks for radiating some positive energy! It helps. :slight_smile:

Yes, what makes me afraid is what if it happens to the larger projects that I have delivered. It made me feel kind of insecure!

Dare I ask if you have tried this yourself with Fiverr?

Nope, but I’ve dealt with similar BBB escalations quite a few times myself representing companies much bigger than Fiverr. Sometimes we won, sometimes we didn’t. We had entire teams to fight off chargebacks because it was a loss for the company not for the client. Our fraud team was working their ass off to prevent these in the first place because with every chargeback there was a penalty fee and if it went over certain % then we might have even lost PayPal as a payment method.

I don’t know how hard Fiverr tries to fight these off, but it’s worth trying. Once the funds are released Fiverr has no right to ask the money back from you.

Yes, I’m aware of this. Also, research shows that once people use chargebacks, there is a 60% chance they will do so again within 30-days. It becomes a habitiual kind of self-justified fraud. i.e. My new Alienware laptop took a day later to arrive and because of this, the retailer failed to provide me with the service agreed upon. I’m entitled to a refund so I’ll use a chargeback to get one.

I do wonder how Fiverr gets away with nicking funds back from sellers after payment clearance periods are over. What is more, I can’t understand why Fiverr doesn’t switch to an actual Escrow payment system.

They probably keep using templates until they get a pushback from sellers. Let’s say the amount is 10K, would a seller drop that account or keep working for free until it’s paid off? :slight_smile:
If it was 10K for me then I’d just walk and say you can work out that negative balance yourself. Funds are cleared, I’ve used it so have a nice day.

And that template saying Fiverr didn’t get paid either :smiley:
Well I would respond that I did get paid, funds were cleared so it’s your problem.

:smile: Its worth a try :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But, In my case of 285$, the problem is Fiverr is holding funds as pending clearance which will cover it up. So, no chance for me :sweat_smile:

If it’s within that 14day clearance period then it’s a problem :smiley:
But I thought you already took that money out.

I´m pretty sure I´ve seen not just one but a couple posts here very recently by sellers who got 50% from Fiverr in such cases, that´s not enough if you did 100% of your work, sure, but better than 0%.

Yep, that can easily be the case because then Fiverr only loses half. We used compensations as well to shut these cases down :smiley:

I have took it. But, some other projects are pending clearance. :slight_smile:

Yeah but this illegal. If I got a chargeback tomorrow, for $100, this would be basically like saying that 2 buyers paying $50 each for their own order aren’t actually paying for their order, they are paying for someone else’s.

I think more pushbacks will start to happen against this now, especially given that fact that this will result in negative Fiverr balances and rating penalties.

I really agree with it. Fiverr should responsible for it as it is their marketplace and they should take responsibility for it.

Absolutely agree.

Yep :slight_smile: We’ll see how they react. Add different payment methods or maybe even increase clearance period.