Fiverr Forum

Would You Be Insulted if a Buyer Left a 3.7 Rating?

I’m just curious because I feel insulted with that. I do my best work for all my buyers and I expect 5 stars every time. Now please don’t take that the wrong way. Many times buyers don’t leave a rating at all. I’m Ok with that because it doesn’t stop them from ordering again. I’m talking about the ones that give you a laundry list of specifications and let the order go to the day it’s supposed to be accepted and then asks for a revision. You do the revision and then get a rating of 3.7 at the same time they say “Good Job.” If it was a good job, then why the low rating? And I worry about continuing with this buyer because even though they purchase a lot , I can’t afford to get any more ratings like this because it makes my overall score go down. What do you think?

10 Likes

I’ve been here so long I don’t really think about it. I would hope they wouldn’t order again though.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t feel insulted, no. Buyers can be some of the best and some of the worst people. I once had someone give me 1 star saying I ruined their kids birthday and still later use the book and say it was beautiful.

Don’t work with them again if you can help it (I’ve seen people work with the same buyer and get 4 star every time, which isn’t good), but also don’t be insulted since they’re usually thick individuals.

6 Likes

If I do get less than 5 stars at this point I know there is some type of agenda besides simply wanting to leave an honest review. This is aggression, anger, envy or need to feel superior. But that’s ok it takes all kinds to make a world.

Or it’s because they assumed I would give them a refund if they complained. And then saw it wasn’t going to happen. They were mad they couldn’t get my service free.

3 Likes

Yes! I know this is the reason behind many reviews. Like, buyers will put “Perfect job” or “Everything right” but leave a 4.3 or 4.7 star review. They probably see the 4 star and go, “Well, I wouldn’t totally recommend since it was pricey” or something like that.

As a buyer, I leave a 5 star review or no review so long as the order was fulfilled.

4 Likes

They want you to feel bad and that’s often the work of someone who needs to boost their own ego. It’s a sick way of dealing with their own deep issues.

2 Likes

Yes, they kept sending it back saying to add more content, knowing that it was close to word count already.

4 Likes

That might be them trying to get you to cancel so they get a refund/ theft of your service.

2 Likes

I think it was a little nudge for not giving them what they wanted (entirely) because I told them I could add what they wanted but would have to cut from somewhere else - the content would suffer and not be as good.

3 Likes

I had considered that, because they are paying $60 for every order. But I think it is more like they see it as I should throw in the extra work because they are paying more.

3 Likes

Well said! In other words, it’s just self-satisfaction or self-enjoyment.
I once had the chance to meet one of 'em who said on the inbox that I am the best he can find and left a 4.something. The next morning he sent another custom offer, but I just rejected saying I’m busy.
I know 4.something isn’t bad, but how can I be so sure that next time he won’t leave a 3?

3 Likes

It would be good to mention that in a response to the review in a professional way.
Or you could have sent them an offer to do extra words for an extra $10.

3 Likes

Hey, Lisa!

Ones expectations can be high. This is coming from a perfectionist so I understand how you feel. Especially, if the work was delivered as per the gig details. However, don’t expect 5-stars everytime. Approach it in a way of expect the unexpected.

Sure, I think at some point we’ve all had an unjust rating for whatever reason. Some and I use the word “some” loosely. Some Buyers use the feedback system to blackmail Sellers. Some throw a temper tantrum to get there way or the highway. Just don’t ask him to revise the review.

I would be curious to know why or what I could’ve done better. If you know you did what you were suppose to… Then there’s nothing else you can do.

9 Likes

I find the more I go overboard trying to please people the more they expect and the more they are abusive in some way. I’ve quit being so nice, so giving and helpful, and stopped going out of my way to try to help people who buy from me. It only gets me disrespect. I’m done with that.

And I follow my instincts and if they are not acting right in any way I send an offer for more money to be paid or otherwise tell them in no uncertain terms what I won’t accept from them.

4 Likes

Yes, I would use it as something that I could improve on but communication was 4, gig as described was 3, and buy again was 4. So they’re referring mostly to the gig description. I pointed out to them that the word count of the package ordered was 2,000. Each time they let it go until the day it should clear and ask for a revision. Then the request is to add more content. This buyer has ordered from me twice now and I expect another order from them.

2 Likes

I feel the same way, working for free is not an option for me. Going above & beyond to only get treated like a doormat is a NO-NO. As a Seller I educate buyers. If they cannot abide by my terms or treat me with basic human decency. I’m not going to put up with bad behavior for a few bucks. Respect is everything even in the business realm.

Eek, be careful, this Buyer could really ruin your stats. If he/she purchases multiple gigs. In fact, the next question is… If they are dissatisfied with your work, then why order again? Things that make ya go hmm. :thinking:

4 Likes

I can agree with that. Maybe the next time that happens I will just send them a request for the amount needed to fulfil their request and see what happens.

2 Likes

Yes, exactly. Why would they order again if it wasn’t to their satisfaction? That is my concern. That my stats will go down if that continues. As a seller I always give 4 or 5 stars based on how my experience with the buyer was. So they got a 5 and I got a 3.7.I was polite, stated the issue, did what I told them I would and that is what I ended up with.

2 Likes

I had a buyer tell me (after several orders) that the last one wasn’t my best work and that they felt I owed them one. I did exactly what they asked for but it didn’t come out the way they envisioned it. They said they didn’t leave a review and that they should have sent it to arbitration. They also said that they had to rewrite some of it, I checked and they added one sentence to it. And this is another buyer that wats until the last minute to ask for changes.

2 Likes

I would have sent them a short to the point note that since they felt my work wasn’t up to their standards I wish them luck in their search for another seller who suits their needs better. There are many sellers who they can choose who may be a better fit.

I never see any need to castigate someone that way. They should just move on.

4 Likes