Would You? Could You? And Would You Ever Dare?

cyaxrex

I’m going to start this post by saying that I need electricity. I need money just to eat and live like you do.

BUT…

Well, I’m a bit bored. I was never a long-term planning person. If there is still air to breathe I’m fine. It’s not like anyone can take that away.

The thing is, I fell in love and in fairness, it was great. I wouldn’t even change the horror of the last years constant kicking in the balls if I’m honest. The thing is, I met my ex with nothing in a random place and the most important thing to me at the time was just meeting them.

Now things are crazy different. That world is all over and reconciled. But really I just exist now. I work to pay the bills, I have enough saved to do something special one day. The only problem is I don’t ever do that special thing because of the leftover need from my old life for financial security.

In this case, I’m thinking of just smashing this life to pieces again, packing a bag, and seeing what happens.

I’m just bloody older… And at the moment, the ‘be careful’ side of my mind which likes its hot showers, plentiful food, and sea view apartment quite likes the world I have.

In this case, what is more important to you? Living life or taking a chance and going into something completely different?

It’s pretty great to fantasize about what it would be like to start over. But man I believe all the motivational speeches that say you’re greatest accomplishments are right on the other side of when you stopped. Stay in the ring of life my friend! It’s hills and valleys and if you’re in a valley you know what you have to look forward to someday!

It’s pretty great to fantasize about what it would be like to start over. But man I believe all the motivational speeches that say you’re greatest accomplishments are right on the other side of when you stopped. Stay in the ring of life my friend! It’s hills and valleys and if you’re in a valley you know what you have to look forward to someday!

That’s the thing, my old self never needed to fantasize. We’d see something like a glacier in New Zealand and we’d go and live there for a while. I think I’ve made my mind up.

It sounds like you have wanderlust. I have it too. I take trips around my state exploring and always find the most amazing things, people, and places. I feel like strange sights and experiences happen to me more than others. I do like having a stable comfortable home to come back to. As a freelancer, it is possible to take your work with you.

Everything is about having a successful ability for balancing the options between extremes. It’s not good to just jump into stuff but you also have to be willing to take some risk. In my case, I’m a creature of habit but am slowly trying to work out methods to step outside the things that keep me comfortable.

Guest logoeasy

I am sorry if I sound rude. But I guess Fiverr does not seem to be a place for getting general life advice.
Oh, wait, there are gigs at Fiverr that you can buy related to life, health, spiritual, etc : atleast related to your concern. So, my suggestion is get a suitable gig here at Fiverr !!!

I am sorry if I sound rude. But I guess Fiverr does not seem to be a place for getting general life advice.

Oh, wait, there are gigs at Fiverr that you can buy related to life, health, spiritual, etc : atleast related to your concern. So, my suggestion is get a suitable gig here at Fiverr !!!

He has friends on this forum, who he has been interacting with for years. What’s your problem if he asks them for advice or starts a conversation with? This thread comes under “conversations” - anything goes here. Yes, you are being rude without knowing anything. Fiverr is not just about buying and selling, there is a Fiverr Community which we are all a part of, where people interact, offer tips on buying and selling, ask for advice on general life issues, share jokes, etc, in between work.

Man, I’ll be honest with ya, to have fun in life you gotta learn to appreciate the little things and at least plan a bit ahead, As long as I can pay my bills, keep the family fed and clothes, have a working internet connection along with a decent PC I’m happy. I’m a simple man, I believe you’re never too old to travel so I can just hit the road down the line when I’m not the only one putting food on the table and paying the bills. In your case, I recommend taking the week off and just go wherever you want. Maybe visit your parents or a bar.

To me “travel and see the world” means a trip to the mall 3 km away once in 3 months to watch a movie, have a good meal, coffee at Starbucks and shop for books…

I can’t help wondering what a cute younger wife would add to your life but I know you are happy the way things are. She would probably just annoy you. I understand you. You know you have avoided a lot of problems others have and are content.

I can’t help wondering what a cute younger wife would add to your life but I know you are happy the way things are. She would probably just annoy you. I understand you. You know you have avoided a lot of problems others have and are content.

If my life went as perfectly as intended by my parents, engineering degree, MBA from Harvard/Wharton, US citizenship - I would be married and have 2 kids by now and living the American Dream, like many Indians of my age. But that’s not how it turned out because I was too focused on the outcome and not on the process when I was in my teens/early 20s. Now, I don’t care, just happy to be alive and doing well, and very happy to be alone. The way I look at life is very different from most people.

Up to my thirties, I took a lot of risks and had a lot of fun. I got hurt physically and emotionally a number of times doing it, especially since my mental health wasn’t really that stable then. For me, a lot of it was making decisions according to what I wanted in the moment. Once it was a sudden road trip across part of the USA with an exchange student who had never seen any part of the USA. We had road breakdowns and got lost in a blizzard in New Mexico. No regrets.

I spent time in Israel, Jordan, Switzerland, and the Netherlands. I got really sick in Israel and my health was never quite the same - I have some slight regrets over that. I bought a huge piece of property once and took risks on buying auction-priced horses to ride - broke my collarbone and shoulder - had a blast but it took a toll. Still no serious regrets. At least 3 times I lost or sold everything I owned and started over.

Toward the end of that adventurous part of my life, I went through an unplanned circumstance that changed the course of things. I was homeless for a few months at one point after that. I’ve been recovering from that for more than 10 years and I wouldn’t redo that experience.

Now I’m very content to recall the fun times and do small adventures. I’m in a different place with my mental health. I appreciate my current marriage, my comfortable chair, TV, video games, books and multiple small joys. Would I start completely over again now without some big reason? Probably not, at my age. I’m ok with very small adventures. Then again, I have another person in my life who is apparently my soulmate for now and maybe forever, so I am not like someone who has no one else to consider. The night in the blizzard that was painful but fun at 30 would also probably feel like torture to me now.

So, did I? Yes. Would I now? Probably not. My guess is that you (Cy) will just do what you need to do and you’ll know what to do when the moment comes. Either way, I think the Universe helps you along either way if you remain open to that. Deep stuff. 🧠

I don’t know about adventures, for me Fiverr itself is an adventure. I still pinch myself about being able to make money online, completely unexpected. Every day is fun - today, I have 10 articles left to be done. If I do them well, I will get $100. So that’s an adventure. Will have another adventure tomorrow. And the day after. And so on 😎

I don’t know about adventures, for me Fiverr itself is an adventure. I still pinch myself about being able to make money online, completely unexpected. Every day is fun - today, I have 10 articles left to be done. If I do them well, I will get $100. So that’s an adventure. Will have another adventure tomorrow. And the day after. And so on 😎

Yes you better stay single haha. Married life is not right for everyone. There is no way you could have a marriage.

I’m not the type to say that money isn’t important because if you are really hungry, have nowhere warm to sleep, people looking to you for help - it totally bites to lack the basics. A few luxuries are awfully nice too. Adventures or not, it’s terrible to have too little of the basics.

Other than that, though, money by itself isn’t enough for most people. It might be for you, Writer, quite seriously - your posts make me think it might be. I think most of us crave something besides funds and demanding “bosses” even as a freelancer. I could be totally wrong, too, so this is just a comment - not a judgment. 🙂

I’m not the type to say that money isn’t important because if you are really hungry, have nowhere warm to sleep, people looking to you for help - it totally bites to lack the basics. A few luxuries are awfully nice too. Adventures or not, it’s terrible to have too little of the basics.

Other than that, though, money by itself isn’t enough for most people. It might be for you, Writer, quite seriously - your posts make me think it might be. I think most of us crave something besides funds and demanding “bosses” even as a freelancer. I could be totally wrong, too, so this is just a comment - not a judgment. 🙂

Some people are just happy alone, doing what they love, and as a writer, it can be a very content, solitary life of books and writing. There can be a lot of satisfaction for lots of people who love their own company and the freedom it brings.

Making money gives me a sense of purpose, gives me direction and a sense of accomplishment. Also, a silent victory over everyone who doubted me, mocked me or looked down upon me in contempt in my hard times. I look back at the times I was really desperate and look at my situation now, and that gives me great happiness.

Making money gives me a sense of purpose, gives me direction and a sense of accomplishment. Also, a silent victory over everyone who doubted me, mocked me or looked down upon me in contempt in my hard times. I look back at the times I was really desperate and look at my situation now, and that gives me great happiness.

Fair enough. If it works for you, that’s what matters, right?

It’s not unusual to get a lot of pleasure in making money and having that as your goal.

There is nothing wrong with that. Sometimes there are people who take that to an extreme such as becoming unpleasant to people in ways such as being greedy and grasping and penny pinching. Often such people are unbalanced mentally. But you don’t have to be that way to enjoy earning money.

It’s not unusual to get a lot of pleasure in making money and having that as your goal.

There is nothing wrong with that. Sometimes there are people who take that to an extreme such as becoming unpleasant to people in ways such as being greedy and grasping and penny pinching. Often such people are unbalanced mentally. But you don’t have to be that way to enjoy earning money.

My way of making money is every $1 I make is a bonus and something to be appreciated. I have no target in mind or no expectations. That’s why I enjoy making money more.

My way of making money is every $1 I make is a bonus and something to be appreciated. I have no target in mind or no expectations. That’s why I enjoy making money more.

It’s a tangible reward which assures us we have some value in society. So it’s an ego boost in a way. Look at the people who go for long periods of time without earning any money. They fall apart as far as self esteem and how they regard themselves, whether they like it or not.

It’s a tangible reward which assures us we have some value in society. So it’s an ego boost in a way. Look at the people who go for long periods of time without earning any money. They fall apart as far as self esteem and how they regard themselves, whether they like it or not.

Exactly - that’s exactly how I feel about money. Self-esteem and value in the society. [Remember how I used to tom-tom the tax certificate? Gave me a real sense of accomplishment and self-esteem.]

Exactly - that’s exactly how I feel about money. Self-esteem and value in the society. [Remember how I used to tom-tom the tax certificate? Gave me a real sense of accomplishment and self-esteem.]

Some people actually go insane if they don’t have any job to do. They become depressed and even suicidal, without realizing that it’s because they don’t do anything that brings any kind of tangible rewards in life.

no target in mind or no expectations

image.jpg.4b5dbd041deba7de3b8cbf7f8124d703.jpg

As for me, I expect my internet to stay up… sometimes I’m disappointed! 😉

Some people actually go insane if they don’t have any job to do. They become depressed and even suicidal, without realizing that it’s because they don’t do anything that brings any kind of tangible rewards in life.

In India, such people keep themselves busy on the social media and blame PM Modi 😂

Archived