Fiverr Forum

Wow, a complaint about me on 'Rip Off' Report which is completely not factual

Summary for those who can't be bothered to read:

- Apparently I delivery 'empty' gigs and tell people I can do what I like because I am a top rated seller. (never happened, never once have I delivered an empty gig)
- Send messages saying I will hack somebody's website if they do not pay. Again, I do not have the skills to do this, nor could I be bothered to do so if I could.
- I have friends in customer support who help me orchestrate my scam.
- I constantly decline mutual cancellations....I only decline them if I am halfway through an order at the time.
- I pay for good reviews (for serious?)

Seriously, not a single word of that review is factual, but I have no way to deal with it. It is the first thing that pops up when I type in 'ryangillam Fiverr' into Google.se

Fucking pissed off with that.

I have never even complained on the forums about a lack of orders o_o. Just too many orders :o

Ok Ryan… time to… MOVE ON!

There are FRAGGLES-ROCKS in this world… and they seem to congregate on the Internet! :open_mouth:

You’re a Top Seller…

You’re RESPECTED by your Fellow Sellers here…

(And even the rare, compassionate Buyer…) :wink:

…and you’ve got a KILLER QUEUE of orders, from Buyers saying in effect: "Hey Ryan, you’re a Quality Guy! Here’s my money - do something great for me, Dude!"

So do it. Attend to them.

And then, as the positive reviews come in, TAKE THE TIME to read them… and enjoy.

:smiley:

Your Unofficial Cheerleader,

Robert

regency85 said: Oh, I didn't get that - you mean, you don't even know WHICH Troll-buyer did this?

Absolutely no idea and it sucks. I have been throw every order since January or so (and there is about 500 of them) and nothing. I have even got in touch with customer support and they have had just one person contacting them about me recently. This was merely to ask whether the vacation mode bug really existed. I knew he had messaged though. So yeah, they certainly have not given any refund at all to ANYBODY.

If i was threatening people like that then I would NOT have my TRS status right now.

Oh, and since this ‘buyer’ apparently reads the forums quite a lot, come on, show me all of the things that you complain about there. Drop me a message on Fiverr, or post it here.

Show me where I said I would hack your website.

Show me where I said ‘haha, i stole your money, lol’ (i have never stolen money from anybody, and I have NEVER said lol. I am not 12)

OH, OH, show me your communication with other buyers that ‘proves’ I buy feedback. Show me where people state that I am a teenager.

I have just looked through EVERY cancelled gig for the past year. I have had 3 gigs worth $100 cancelled. That’s it. All of them were ‘mutual’ cancellations where the buyer did not submit information on time.

I have also read through EVERY gig for the past 2 years for a $100 deliveries. None of the gigs were delivered ‘empty’. Although I knew that anyway so I had no need to check. But y’know, I must be going crazy with all of these threatening remarks I have made you, so I figured I MAY have missed something. Alas, I did not. The only delivery where I figured there MAY have been issue it was not as I am friends with the purchaser and he assures me that he did not write this feedback (and he has ordered many times since anyway)

You sir are an idiot, although I suppose it makes you feel good to spread ‘misinformation’ online. I am going to presume you are a seller here, right?

So yes, do not hide behind your computer. Come out and say that you wrote it. I dare you.

Also, as a side note, I do not have a gig extra where I deliver a single article in 3 days. Never have. Never will! Slips up at the first hurdle.

God. I am so pissed at this.

Cheers. It is no so much that though. it is the fact that it appears ABOVE when people search for my company away from Fiverr now. i could eventually cover it up, but this is going to cost me business in the long run :slight_smile:

I have no idea why somebody would do this.

I have submitted the link to Google to try and get it removed from their index based on laws in the United Kingdom, although I am not holding out too much hope on that!

I will try and do a bit of SEO over the next few weeks to cover it up, but it is going to be VERY difficult fighting against ripoffreport.com.

I just want to know who done it (and based on that it is clear they read the forums), so that we can have a friendly chat.

Ghastly.

Hi Ryan,

what a terrible experience you’re having. On the website you posted, there’s an option at the bottom to file a rebuttal to the remarks made about you, which at least gives you the option to reply.

Alternatively, you can pay $2000 for arbitration, which is absurd.

Another option is to speak to a local solicitor and ask them to draft you a legal intent letter (probably costs £50 or so) on the grounds of slander and libel. But this only works if you have contact details of the buyer, and I’m not sure if fiverr would approve of this.

Good luck either way.

Daniel

Hey Ryan…

Boy, can we tell how FRAGGLES-ROCKED you are about this!? :wink:

Best Line, after reading so many threads here in the Forum, about how “unresponsive” CS is to Sellers:

> I have friends in Customer Support who help me orchestrate my scam.

=))

Ok, mrproofreading makes some very good recommendations. One modification (Oops! Maybe I shouldn’t use the word “modification” when talking to a Seller :stuck_out_tongue: )…

You might be able to hire the “local solicitor” to threaten not the buyer but rather, ripoffreport. Or in some other way, take action that forces them to remove the “bad review”.

Hope that helps,

Robert, the Kind-hearted Buyer

regency85 said: You might be able to hire the "local solicitor" to threaten not the buyer but rather, ripoffreport. Or in some other way, take action that forces them to remove the "bad review".

Sadly you can't :( Ripoffreport are protected by some of the crappiest legislation out there. You simply can't bring a claim against them to remove a review since they are not legally responsible for what is posted on their website. Even if the poster of the review attempted to get it removed they would not do so. It is there for life. The only thing I can do is pay the $2000 or whatever and 'potentially' have the incorrect facts removed.

I just want whoever done this to come clean. Yes, I was late. However there is no need for the defamatory marks made. We all know I don't purchase reviews, deliver gigs empty (unless an upload fails, which it does from time to time, but then I rectify it), or even send abusive messages.

I have been through EVERYTHING from the past few months (up until January at least because that is when the complaint seems to stem from) and I have found nothing where I have rejected a mutual cancellation request without saying something along the lines of:

"Hey, just so you know, mutual cancellations harm sellers. If you want I can still accept it, or you can just wait a few more days".

That is not aggresive or rude. It is simply saying that I prefer not to mutually cancel, but I can if they wish!

It really sucks as I would never say hurtful comments like to somebody. However now I am forever known as the guy who scams people. Out of a number of reviews of Fiverr on that site I am the ONLY one who is named by named.

It fucking sucks.

I have not written anything since 7am (now 3:30pm) because I have been trying to decipher just who may do this.

Ok Ryan, I can feel how much this is bothering you, so I’ll take the time to respond in DETAIL…

> The only thing I can do is pay the $2000 or whatever and ‘potentially’ have the incorrect facts removed.

So ripoffreport… is a RIPOFF themselves!

Sad… but they’re not the only scam like that on the Internet. :frowning:

(That is, pay us to remove something you don’t like us posting about you and violating any right to privacy you thought you had!) X(

> Yes, I was late. However there is no need for the defamatory marks made.

Oh for FRAGGLES-ROCK sake… listen up Buyers… it is NOT a crime, for a Seller to be late the odd time. Geez, some Buyers need to grow up!

> That is not aggresive or rude. It is simply saying that I prefer not to mutually cancel, but I can if they wish!

Exactly… and any Buyer WITH A BRAIN CELL… would realize that.

> It really sucks as I would never say hurtful comments like to somebody. However now I am forever known as the guy who scams people. Out of a number of reviews of Fiverr on that site I am the ONLY one who is named by named.

> It fragglesrock sucks.

Yeah, it does. :frowning:

> I have not written anything since 7am (now 3:30pm) because I have been trying to decipher just who may do this.

Oh, I didn’t get that - you mean, you don’t even know WHICH Troll-buyer did this?

Ryan, there is a possible partial solution. I’m sure you have support from many of your regular (past) buyers. Some of them would no doubt, be willing to post on ripoffreport.

In other words, you have a group of buyers post POSITIVE reviews about you… which being more recent, BURY the negative review. (Or at least move it further down the Google listings, where no one will bother to read it.)

Hope some of that helps you,

Robert

P.S. I see that you have a HUGE queue of orders - that most Sellers here would kill for!

Deal with this problem quickly - and move on. You’ve got LOTS of Buyers who know you do quality work. Concentrate on satisfying THEM… and enjoy the new, positive reviews they give you. :slight_smile:

Reply to @ryangillam: If I were you I’d have a “chat”, but it ain’t gon’ be friendly! :stuck_out_tongue:

Reply to @cheezees: Laugh! You tell 'em Cheezees! :slight_smile:

Hey, wait a second… all your Math Gigs have disappeared. :open_mouth:

Are you maybe making room for a new Gig?..

“I will SLAUGHTER any Buyer who disses you, for $5.”

:))

May have worked out who it was…maybe. He told me to chill as it is just a Fiverr gig. Doing a bit more research though and customer support are now doing further research (and looking quite indepth as it goes) into any tickets related to me in the past few months. This includes coming up with a list or order cancellations, scanning through messages and the like.

If I do find out who it is 100% then well…it will be a friendly chat. I can guarantee that :slight_smile:

Hi again Ryan,

I ran my own Google search to see where you appear using the search term “ryangillam fiverr”, and your Warrior Forum post is 1st, your fiverr profile is 2nd, this forum post is 4th, and then 8th is the Rip Off Report (which is barely visible without scrolling).

Hopefully people will click on this thread prior to the report; and they can judge for themselves based on what you’ve wrote. I for one don’t believe a word of the review.

It’s really sad that Rip Off Report can operate how they do, with no way for someone like you to remove the slanderous and libellous review.

Good luck.

mrproofreading said: I ran my own Google search to see where you appear using the search term "ryangillam fiverr", and your Warrior Forum post is 1st, your fiverr profile is 2nd, this forum post if 4th, and then 8th is the Rip Off Report (which is barely visible without scrolling).

Aha, that is good! I went through Google.se and it came up pretty high. Good to know that it is not as high on .com!

Well, I actually use .co.uk, but still, it’s pretty low which is good. :slight_smile:

I’ve also sent you a message Ryan, but I can imagine you receive a lot, so I’ll hang tight!

ryangillam, I remember my university professor telling me to always triangulate my information sources! You can’t make a fair decision about person based on publication by anonymous user (at portal where you can remove it by paying 2000$). For me that information doesn’t have much authority. BTW I didn’t know about that site before you mentioned it here (and may be better not to give the direct link here or google may begin to rate it higher).

kornilov said: ryangillam, I remember my university professor telling me to always triangulate my information sources! You can't make a fair decision about person based on publication by anonymous user (at portal where you can remove it by paying 2000$). For me that information doesn't have much authority. BTW I didn't know about that site before you mentioned it here (and may be better not to give the direct link here or google may begin to rate it higher).

And that reminded me I have still yet to mark your gig as complete! I got the final piece of information I needed from a contact about 2 hours ago. Ill sort it now!

Reply to @mrproofreading: You’re right, Proofer. It is sad that they can set up such a charade, simply to “milk” $2000 out of those who feel the pain of such a “report” (i.e. privacy-violating arbitrary posts!) is greater than the cost of having it removed.

And as I said, ripoffreport is not the only Ripoff like this, on the web… :frowning:

Robert

P.S. I like your search idea. I have more “flexibility” available to me, so I’ll pursue this, to HELP RYAN, below…

Reply to @kornilov: Hey Kornilov.

I just checked an update on your “battle” with the childish, arrogant Seller, on another thread here.

Wow!

Like most children… she just keeps ranting and HAS to have “the last word” - even if each comment she adds makes her look more and more ridiculous. :))

Notice that your comments are getting all the Likes from the SELLERS, not hers. :open_mouth:

Telling… very telling… :wink:

May I give you some sage advice? Write a final comment - then be done with her.

There’s no point in pursuing your freedom-of-expression opinion, with someone who is so close-minded. :slight_smile:

Time for me to help yet another Seller!! :slight_smile:

Remind me again, how an innocent new Buyer, got this “Help Sellers on Fiverr” job I seem to keep doing?? :wink: :wink:

Ok, down to “business”…

I have a setup, that allows me to access Google as if I live in nations around the world.

(A necessity, for my company.)

Google US:

#1: Ryan’s Fiverr Profile

#2: Ryan on Warrior Forum

#3: RyanGillamLTD on Twitter

#4: Ripoff Report

So it’s moving down… good.

Google UK:

#2: Ryan’s Fiverr Collections

#3: This Forum Thread

#4: Ryan on Warrior Forum

#5: RyanGillamLTD on Twitter

#6: Ripoff Report

Pretty well as Mr. Proofer reported above.

Google Canada:

Same as UK. Interesting.

Google Australia:

Same as UK again!

This is NOT typical… maybe it’s “Celebrate the Commonwealth” week? :wink:

Google Israel:

#4: The Ranting Pot Category on the Fiverr Forum

#5: Ryan on Warrior Forum

#6: A different Ryan post on Warrior Forum

#7: RyanGillamLTD on Twitter

#8: Ripoff Report

Even better for you, than the other leading nations’ Google listings.

Ok, so there’s the “Big Five”… and it looks like you have lots of opportunities to “cancel out” any negative effect… by posting an explanation.

You’ve already done that of course, in the Forum thread listings. But if this is really bothering you, you could explain-it-away in your profile (which I’ve seen done by other Sellers here, when they have encountered a similar bad situation).

You could also make a new “cancelling” post on Twitter and Warrior Forum.

Hope I’ve “delivered” a good “Gig” for ya Ryan… even though I’m not even a Seller.

:))

Robert, the Kind-hearted Buyer