Before I get to the main question, let’s start with the facts
- The purpose of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is to protect the privacy of EU residents. GDPR will make sure that every EU resident knows what kind of data websites are collecting about them, where & how it’s stored and more importantly every site owner must delete that data when a user requests it. The list goes on, but I’m trying to keep it simple here.
- GDPR applies to ALL websites visited by EU residents. As soon as you collect ANY data from an EU resident, you will be subject to this regulation.
- GDPR compliance deadline is May 25, 2018
Now, I can see that there are some gigs about GDPR on Fiverr, but most of them aren’t really related to web development. So my questions are targeted towards developers.
On one side, the site owner takes the responsibility, but if you’re offering a service and not just a boilerplate website, should we as developers include it as part of our premium service?
- Are you offering GDPR consultation or any documentation to your clients after building their website?
- Do you have a separate gig for it? Are you planning to offer it when the deadline approaches?
- Are you using any tools to make sure your client’s website will be GDPR compliant?
Let me know what you think.
PS. Others may comment here as well, but I targeted it towards developers because I assume most sellers here don’t care about it