Fiverr Forum

Write a effective gig description

Hi Everyone. How are you?
Today I share with you how you write a perfect GIG description. I promise it’s proved.

• Attractive moral line (it should be bold) for attention
  • Share your experience in the related field (no more than 2 lines)
  • Briefly describe your services (including bullet points. It’s important, just write what you’ re
  • The buyer will get from the gig).
  • Try to use gig title and TAGS keyword in description.
  • Your description should be a minimum of 1000 characters.
  • Why you are different from your competitor.
  • Talk about your availability.
  • Offer related other services.
  • No grammatical mistakes.

Tips:

• use keywords
  • Use bold line
  • Eye-catching content.

If you try this procedure I hope you must gain and receive an ORDER from your gig. I wish you for quick order. Thank you very much.

Best regards,
psyponti0007

16 Likes

Description can’t be longer than 1,200 characters (or about 200 words).

Did you mean that the minimum should be 1,000 characters, not words?

2 Likes

Sorry to say my great mistake.

1 Like

Very Effective suggestion for increasingmore order writinggood description following the best instruction. Thank you so much

1 Like

Thank you for sharing the helpful information.

1 Like

To counter, in order of your bullet points:

1. Bold font is harder on the eyes and should only be used for headers, not full sentences.

2. Experience is important, but should go at the end of the description. Save the header for what you can do, not the credentials.

3. Gig descriptions need to clearly differentiate what perks are part of which package. If a buyer is confused, they’re more likely go elsewhere, rather than take the time to puzzle out what a seller is offering. Yes, it’s important to be brief, but being clear is more important. If you have more than five bullet points per header, you have too many.

4. The first sentence in every gig should echo its title, to reaffirm what you’re offering to do. Window-shoppers have a short attention span, and using tag words elsewhere isn’t as effective.

5. Use as many words as needed to be thorough, but don’t use filler and fluff just to meet a character count.

6. Okay, this is a good one, no big comment other than to not use more than one sentence. (And if you do run out of characters, this is one of the more important things to consider keeping.)

7. Availability probably shouldn’t be included. People need sleep. If people want to talk to you they will. If they’re impatient, do you really want to risk working with someone who’s constantly bugging you for updates? Yes the client is important, but you as the seller are too.

8. Related services shouldn’t be listed in the gig description. You can mention that you offer other related services, and/or make a FAQ that mentions them, but people can see your other gigs from any of your gig pages. It just wastes space.

9. Okay, this last one I agree with completely.

On your three tips:

1. Good.
  2. Use strong line, not bold.
  3. Eye-catching is good in a description, but only if used for navigation. Otherwise it’s distracting.

Done!

I do have one more to offer: In addition to grammar, also make sure your formatting is consistent. (Don’t use more than one type of bullet point across your gigs, make sure they line up vertically, and don’t use them in your profile description.)

9 Likes

Sounds like a lot of great points! When writing that description, long is great but make sure it makes sense and isn’t just a bunch of random sentences

1 Like

Thanks too. I hope it’s important for you.

So true but why still fail

1 Like

Great job on the concise and well-thought out guide. No grammar mistakes is very important, and unfortunately I see these mistakes very often.

1 Like

Wow. This is very helpful.you are right, its help on gig ranking.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your most effective suggestions about GIG description.

1 Like

Very good. Effective post…

1 Like

Thanks great information for getting sales @psyponti0007

1 Like

Thank you so much dear.

Thanks a lot @parimal_g

your information is very effective…

thanks for giving information’s…

1 Like

Thank you @m_ahasanat

Thanks a lot for your valuable information… I think it will be very much helpful to all…:slightly_smiling_face::heart:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing nice tips👍

1 Like