WrItEr DiScUsSiOn O/T from 188160

eoinfinnegan

This isn’t true. The best writer on Fiverr is a mad English woman in Greece who walks around staring curiously at vegetables. I aspire to emulate her success and skill but it’s simply not possible.

I said one of the best and I know who you are talking about. You are better than her, trust me.

I said one of the best and I know who you are talking about. You are better than her, trust me.

Ok, we’ll settle this by saying purely factual things like I am the second best writer on Fiverr. I think that sorts it. Thank you for helping me clear this up for everyone.

Now, lets all hope and pray that Grammarly never shuts down.

This isn’t true. The best writer on Fiverr is a mad English woman in Greece who walks around staring curiously at vegetables. I aspire to emulate her success and skill but it’s simply not possible.

Using fancy words uselessly doesn’t make one a better writer. I hate writers who use fancy words just to make the reader spend half of the time looking at a dictionary.

Using fancy words uselessly doesn’t make one a better writer. I hate writers who use fancy words just to make the reader spend half of the time looking at a dictionary.

O/T

Perhaps you just aren’t the target market for that type of writing; correct use of a wide vocabulary helps make writing more effective and memorable as it stands out from the mindless drivel everyone is exposed to on a daily basis.

O/T

Perhaps you just aren’t the target market for that type of writing; correct use of a wide vocabulary helps make writing more effective and memorable as it stands out from the mindless drivel everyone is exposed to on a daily basis.

Correct use of a wide vocabulary and unnecessarily using fancy words just to show off are two different things.

And the fascinating thing is… those vegetables stare right back. 😉

And the fascinating thing is… those vegetables stare right back. 😉

Vegetables don’t have eyes.

Yes, sycophancy to get some work from a busy seller.

Only those will even think of trying to spam her for " Gib me some work, I meksell" who doesnt know her…

P.S My gigs and her gigs are completely different. So no point. 👎

But your username says writer and you must be more aware than me whether you do sycophancy or not. Giving me a thumb down won’t do anything.

Yes, sycophancy to get some work from a busy seller.

If using unnecessary words is bad, what about using words in a creative way to make them mean something else?

For example, the word Sycophancy could be an intriguing and creative way to describe someone who likes serial killers etc.

Psycho-Fancy

Get it?

/jk

I worry sometimes that I might be a bit mad. Then I come here and realize that really, I’m pretty much Stephen Hawking with bells on.

How sad that the only thread which finally acknowledged by personal greatness has descended into such disharmony. Shame on you all and your incomprehensible word war.

Archived