Writers, how to activate words count on packages

Hi, I did some research but found nothing.

On the packages of some writers, you can edit the number of words you want to order.

How to activate that option ? I have researched, and did some tweaking but it won’t work on my packages. My buyers cannot edit the number of words they want.

Thank you in advance for those who can explain to me what I am doing wrong

1021160544_Capturedu2019-04-15153837.png.4692f2220497b9728a87f4e85dc12f3b.png

• Like 7

Hi,

You need to add a gig extra for additional words. Once you do that, your customers will be able to select whatever word count they want.

All they need to do then is to enter the exact word count they require into the “Number of words” field and it will show them the price for that word count on each of your three packages.

There is always a default number shown in the number of words field. That’s just the base number of words that you offer for that particular package. If, however, you have set the gig extra correctly, your customers can just delete the default number from that field and enter their own word count and the price of your gig will change accordingly (according to what you’ve set in the gig extra).

• Like 10

Hi, I did some research but found nothing.

On the packages of some writers, you can edit the number of words you want to order.

How to activate that option ? I have researched, and did some tweaking but it won’t work on my packages. My buyers cannot edit the number of words they want.

Thank you in advance for those who can explain to me what I am doing wrong

Capture%20du%202019-04-15%2015%3A38%3A37

You need to activate the Additional words extra (see below), but there is a drawback: buyers will be able to enter any value in the field, regardless of the description of the package. Try and see what happens…

extras.png.63c84f9c2f80de33bb7b2c927b7c465b.png

• Like 9

You need to activate the Additional words extra (see below), but there is a drawback: buyers will be able to enter any value in the field, regardless of the description of the package. Try and see what happens…

extras

I have set my additional words extra such that once the customer’s required word count exceeds the word count of a package, it will be cheaper for the buyer to select the higher package than to select the lower package with the exceeded word count. That way, they don’t select the lower package with the faster delivery time and request for tons of work.

I have also set the delivery time of my cheapest gig package such that I have plenty of time even in case that happens. 5 days for base package (5k words) which, in fact, I can probably complete in 1 day - - 10 days for intermediate (25k words) - - 14 days for top package (50k words).

The way in which the extras are set (and priced) decides whether or not they (sellers) will frequently run into issues with their customers.

• Like 7

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/27/2022 at 10:58 PM, blairwynters said:

Hello everyone, Thank you for all the helpful answers! The problem I'm still having, I'm also not sure if there is a way around it. Is that im trying to charge (for example) $0.05 per word. but Fiverr will not allow me to type in the price. anyone know a way around that?

No easy way, no. $0.05 per word would be 100 words for $5, so that's what you would need to set as your base package. 

Unless things have changed since I last built a custom offer, you can make custom offers any dollar value after the $5 minimum. 

Edited by imagination7413
Typo
  • Like 7

On 12/27/2022 at 11:41 PM, moonstaredits said:

No amount lower than 5$ is allowed on Fiverr. Also you can only enter multiples of 5. This means you will have to base your prices around this rules. So, for example, your offer should be 100 words for 5$.

I see, I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Thank you for reassuring me!

On 12/28/2022 at 3:19 PM, imagination7413 said:

No easy way, no. $0.05 per word would be 100 words for $5, so that's what you would need to set as your base package. 

Unless things have changed since I last build a custom offer, you can make custom offers any dollar value after the $5 minimum. 

I see, thank you!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1