Writers not wanting to write their offered gigs and ask for cancellation

oir123

I have had 2 writers not wanting to write a gig and cancelling. I think there should be an addition review button added to why sellers cancel. Very frustrating to buy, and then if topic (printing & copying business) is not what they like, they cancel. If they only want to write for a certain industry it should be stated. Waste of time on both sides to post a gig and cherry pick.

Would you mind pasting the actual instructions you’re providing here? It might not be what you’re asking, but how you’re asking that is the problem. Since you’ve already had two writers cancel on you, it might be worthwhile to message a seller you are interested in working with before you purchase to make sure they are alright with the topic.

I’m sorry that you’ve had so much trouble finding a writer, but since you get your money back, you’ve only lost time. That lost time can be eliminated by approaching sellers in the right way–not necessarily always messaging before buying, but asking for a seller to confirm that they’ve looked over your prompt and are happy to write about it, and if they do not respond in a reasonable amount of time, asking for a cancellation yourself.

What kind of information about printing and copying are you looking for?

And do you email writers beforehand to check with them? That is always the best way to go about things. Think if you were hiring a regular freelancer for a writing job, you would have to contact them for an inquiry first and see if they have the knowledge to write about what you need. And while Fiverr is set up differently, the same thing still applies on content. There are a million different subjects out there, no writer could list all the industries they are able to write for, there is not even enough space on Fiverr to do that.

This is what I wrote in 2 parts… first was after I bought the gig… 2nd was for more info. (4 articles) For printing and copying shop

Keywords

Brochures, printing, trade shows, promotional products, printing, copying,

Extraordinary printing company. They do business over all of Phoenix Metro and deliver. Can literally print almost anything and on anything. We want to cater to medical groups, trade show presenters, wide format printing, brochures etc.

Titles can be almost anything ……. Keywords can be used for the 4 separate articles. They do not have to all be used in same blog

I need 4 articles written for a printing and copying business. Example articles like the following:

Articles #1

What kind of brochures are best for your business?

What can be printed using wide format?

What do you need in a trade show to hand out?

What kinds of printed materials do you need for your business?

info

Reply to @oir123: Are you asking people to do the research to figure out what you would tell potential customers about what kind of brochures are best for your business? That sounds more like the writer would really need to talk with you in depth about the kind of brochures that you want to provide and what you feel is best for people’s businesses.

Also, things like what can be printed using wide format, that’s pretty specific. I do freelance copywriting and would not be able to just write articles like this for you without talking to you and getting to know your business and what you specialize in, and get notes from you on each article.

I actually think overall these instructions are a little all over the place and not clear.

What kind of writer did you buy a gig from - was it an SEO writer?

Also, sometimes buyers will buy one article first, to see how they like it and then order the rest.

Try a rewrite more like this…but email a seller this info first before you actually buy a gig.

Hello. I wanted to find out if this is a job you are interested in. I have read your samples and I am interested in your work.

I run a printing company called Xxxxxxx. I am looking to have 4 articles for my blog written, about XXX words per article.

The titles can be anything creative to grab attention. Article topics I would like to have written about are:

#1 - What kind of brochures are best for your business?
#2 - What can be printed using wide format?
#3 - What do you need in a trade show to hand out?
#4 - What kinds of printed materials do you need for your business?

I would like to include all of the following keywords (they can be used in any of the articles, they do not have to be used in all one blog post): Brochures, printing, trade shows, promotional products, printing, copying, Extraordinary printing company. They do business over all of Phoenix Metro and deliver. Can literally print almost anything and on anything. We want to cater to medical groups, trade show presenters, wide format printing, brochures etc.

I can answer any questions you have about my business as needed.

Thank you.

then I would also send this again once you buy the gig and they as for order instructions, so the seller will have the same info in both of their message areas.

Reply to @oir123: don’t sweat it, every one is good at their craft, not all are good writers. I bet you are good at printing 🙂 A good biz person knows when to outsource and buy certain tasks.

I think just research SEO writers, email them something like the above and see what happens this time around. Good luck.

Unless they waste three weeks of my life and then cancel, I don’t get angry about it. A good seller will cancel ASAP.

Just remember not every writer is right for every project. I don’t mention in my gig what I won’t do, because I don’t want to scare buyers away by being negative, but believe me, as low as my standards are, there are subjects I won’t touch with a ten foot pole.

And let’s face it, if you’re hiring content writers and you ask them to write about quantum physics when science was their worst subject, should a cancellation surprise you? I don’t think so.

I just sent a cancellation for a 2400 article request. Mainly because the subject wasn’t something I found I could stretch for so many words. The buyer was not happy, but I would rather cancel than deliver something mediocre.

What I did do, was send the guy a 600 word article for free for his troubles and for waiting 5 days. I can’t see any other way of being completely professional and fair. He gets a full refund and 600 words for free.

To get back on the subject, sellers have every right to cancel work they feel they will not be able to complete and as long as the buyer gets a refund, there should be no problems.

Reply to @oir123: yes, but a design or writing job doesn’t always work that way.

Do you do every single printing job that comes into your shop? If someone came in and gave you a 3-D print job, since you are a printing shop that would mean you have all the latest equipment software and technology to do it right? Or if someone asked you to print 100,000 perfect bound novels you could do that order this week?

I’m just lightly playing here, but to get the point across. Not all service providers do every single job. It’s not jsut that they should have to do it because they put it out there. If you own a print shop, are you saying you have to do every job that comes through your door? Are you telling me you have done every single job that has walked in your door since the day you opened, even if you didn’t have the equipment to do it?

• 5 months later...

hello oir123,
Thank you for talking about your problem. I had another buyer last week who wanted me to write a letter.But my gig states clearly that i write articles. so, i told the buyer(sorry i write articles only) I think i saved time for the buyer. So here is what you should do:

1. I think it’s best if you can send a message to your preferred writer asking him/her if he is comfortable with the topic, If yes, go ahead and place your order. If no, find another seller, like that. This will help you avoid wasting your time

Sellers who put their gigs out there are willing to work, just on their terms. For example, I do transcribing gigs. So does that mean I will transcribe anything that is sent to me? No. Do I want to work? Absolutely.

My terms are clearly outlined in my listing. I had to cancel 2 gigs yesterday for example for buyers who didn’t follow the instructions. One had sent me 2 hours of a tv show with about 28 people talking asking me to identify EACH of the speakers EACH TIME they spoke (near on impossible) They sent me $55 for completion within 3 days without contacting me first. Cancelled.

I got a 55 minute interview with lots of medical terminology in it. Again, no contact before buying. Not willing to pay the extra for the medical terminology or the fast delivery of a file larger than 20 minutes. Cancelled.

Things that will take me longer than a standard transcript to do will cost extra. IE anything where I have to constantly Google names, medical terms, technical terms, some accents, people who talk over each other constantly, audio recorded in loud environments etc. There are some things I won’t do. Ie therapy sessions as I did two before and it did my head in.

Contact sellers before bidding, see if they are able to help you and ask for a custom quote.

Archived