[Writing Gigs] Very Important Tip!

musiclover

If you offer any kind of gig that requires writing, whether it’s press releases, articles, or sales letters, make sure you proofread your own gig title & description. Make sure there are no grammatical or spelling errors, and proofread your messages before sending them to potential buyers. If english is not your first language, have someone proofread your work before delivering it to your buyers. I’ve had a few sellers respond to requests and spoke poor english and/or misspelled words. So always be mindful of that. 😉

-Nakita

I fully agree with you @musiclover. Proofreading is an important part of any writing–whether academic or article writing. Being an article writer, my objective has always been to deliver quality articles. In fact, I had to pay for grammarly to ensure my writing is error free. And although grammarly has always been helpful, it doesn’t highlight some errors.

The other day, for instance, I wrote “correct” instead of “collect” but the spell-checker never highlighted.

I also read a gig description of someone offering writing services, he had made a similar mistake like mine. A part of the description read, “…will do it write…” instead of, “…will do it right…” (I am not perfect and I stand correction).

I am a non-native by the way, Kenya is my wonderful country. But in any case, everything can be learnt and English is no exception. That’s why every day, I aim at becoming an excellent English writer 😃 and speaker ;).

But everyone is prone to making mistakes especially typos when writing. A good example is (me) and the Payooner writer who wrote this "Thank you for contacting Payoneer Customer support!

Your inquiry is being ‘reviwed’, and we will contact you to the e-mail address provided."

Is it supposed to be ‘reviewed’ or ‘reviwed’.

@musiclover, Ahh you point out a good issue but I think experienced writers always follow this pattern. I mean as a content writer, I always proofread my articles not only on Fiverr but out of this platform too. It is a fact that no matter how many times you are proofreading the article or blog, it always needs some improvements. Agree or not??

Archived