Fiverr Community Forum

Writing's on the Wall

I’ve decided complaining accomplishes nothing. Good luck everyone.

4 Likes

Overall I’m just looking at your post as venting since none of us really know how all this will impact us over the long haul. As far as this part, though, I assume that means you’ve raised your prices or plan to. I can tell you for sure that there is a fair amount of evidence that Fiverr has been giving a bit more attention to higher priced gigs.

Gigs that have starting prices of $10-50 seem to be ranking higher in general than $5 gigs, though they do scatter some lower ones in. Buyers are getting a bit wiser as well, and many are choosing higher priced sellers, especially if they’ve been burned by a cheap gig.

3 Likes

I think a lot of buyers have just learned to look beyond gigs and profiles that use stock images.

2 Likes

I agree with this too. That might negate the value of higher prices as well, since stock images are viewed as something that comes with a cheap gig that might be low quality.

I also see that the original post has been edited multiple times. but it’s a narrow view. For example -

I’m not a big fan of WalMart either and I think there would be a valid comparison if sellers were like Mom/Pop local stores and Wal-Mart was the cheap corporation. Of course, that’s not really accurate about sellers on Fiverr, so… Also, where I live Wal-Mart has some higher priced items that are of higher quality sitting alongside cheap crap. There is a Wal-Mart in a better part of town with clean floors and pleasant employees. The customers are a bit crazy, but usually happy and enjoying their paycheck-spending-spree. Fiverr is kind of like that to me, and if my products are the top shelf items with the higher prices, I think the buyers will find them. (IMO only.)

1 Like

Third complaint/flounce threat today although this was the most ranty.
I wish one of them would ever post something about what they have done to try rectify their situation.

3 Likes

I got confused between all her edits, but I think her solution WAS the flounce. Don’t hold me to that, though. Maybe she’ll (or he’ll) come back and clarify.

1 Like

The bad sellers of cheap gigs make it all the more fun to not be one of those.

Love all those cheap bad sellers so much because they let the rest of us stand out more.

The unfortunate part for me of having bad sellers on the site is that clients are discouraged and scarred by the time they find me much of the time. But it’s great to turn them around and let them experience quality.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I saw a documentary about how Walmart gets people in the store with their cheap prices on low-quality crap. Once in the store they sell more of the higher quality items for more $. The Wal-Mart stores in my town are very clean.

1 Like

Our Walmarts here are very clean and neat and the employees are very nice. The customers not so much sometimes. I saw a man with a little boy of about four years old and the child was completely nude and running and screaming “I’m naked” through the store and the man was laughing.

1 Like

We do not see that either. Most of the people are pretty normal. Not like the usual “people of Walmart” pictures you see.

It varies in my town, Wal-Marts in some parts of town are different, and the more rural ones are especially different. :slight_smile: (Sometimes that is nice if you feel like going out “comfortable.”)

I think Fiverr is quite similar. You can buy junk on Fiverr whether it costs a lot or a little. You can buy some amazing high quality products on Fiverr at varied cost. The people you encounter are the same. Some are super nice, some are awful, most are just human and have good days and bad days. :slight_smile: Perhaps the OP had unrealistic expectations.

1 Like

I admit that I don’t care how I look when I go to Walmart. No one else seems to care how they look or how I look either. I only go in the middle of the night though when no other stores are open.

1 Like

p.s

Around 4 am is the best time to visit Walmart as that is around when the new stock for all products (especially perishables) start arriving.

1 Like

That’s the best time to go. It’s just you, a couple of nurses and one slightly crazy guy drinking mouthwash in the toothpaste aisle. No lines.

See, OP?? You accomplished plenty, since your edits left the thread without a real center. It’s the hot thread of the day! There is always a silver lining.

2 Likes

That sounds familiar in the Asdas round here (UK version) - I never go in my pyjamas, but many people do, even in the daytime!

1 Like

This is why I refuse to put money in a pension plan. Kids today are like the Children of the Corn.

Also, I didn’t like Walmart in the US. I liked Publix, though. It felt safe and civilized, even though I felt somewhat intimidated by the size of the cauliflowers.

2 Likes