XMas delivery time

mark74

Christmas is approaching and I have a question.

During XMas period I’d like to rest and enjoy with my family without having to work every single day on gigs.

Well, how can I do this?

1. Pausing my gigs (but it can have a bad effect on gigs)
  2. Changing delivery time without further notice to buyers (but people can think I always deliver e.g. 10 days)
  3. Changing delivery time and gig title, telling e.g. “during XMAS time delivery time is 10 days in place of standard 4”.

What do you think is best? And why?

Do you have some better idea?

Thanks

I’m going away for a week and have increased my leadtimes to counter that. I’ve messaged two buyers who have been regular over the last couple of days to make them aware of why I’ve increased the times. I’ve added a line on all my gig descriptions to say why the leadtime is longer and that I will be away from the computer for the whole week so that should stop people from messaging me rudely with messages of how it could possibly take me so long to write articles, which happened with someone a few months back when I’d increased my delivery time - I’d only put the note on my profile to say that I was away for two weeks but the person didn’t read that, just saw the leadtimes so the first line of the gig description works better (I hope!)

I think I’m going to keep the extended leadtimes over the Christmas holidays. I tend to reply to emails on a night before I go to bed or if I can’t sleep at 4am because the baby has woken me up so answering them isn’t too much of a drama for me 🙂

I’m going away for a week and have increased my leadtimes to counter that. I’ve messaged two buyers who have been regular over the last couple of days to make them aware of why I’ve increased the times. I’ve added a line on all my gig descriptions to say why the leadtime is longer and that I will be away from the computer for the whole week so that should stop people from messaging me rudely with messages of how it could possibly take me so long to write articles, which happened with someone a few months back when I’d increased my delivery time - I’d only put the note on my profile to say that I was away for two weeks but the person didn’t read that, just saw the leadtimes so the first line of the gig description works better (I hope!)

I think I’m going to keep the extended leadtimes over the Christmas holidays. I tend to reply to emails on a night before I go to bed or if I can’t sleep at 4am because the baby has woken me up so answering them isn’t too much of a drama for me 🙂

Reply to @magisworks: That does depend on how long you will be away for. You can only increase for 29 days max and if you plan to take a long period away from the site then there is no option but to suspend. However, nine times out of ten increasing the lead times is possible. Although I have found sometimes that it is difficult to get the times back down. I increased my lead times this time last year with the intention of decreasing them after the New Year but I’d gotten so many over the period that I realised it was impossible to increase the lead times until I had a manageable queue.

Reply to @magisworks: That does depend on how long you will be away for. You can only increase for 29 days max and if you plan to take a long period away from the site then there is no option but to suspend. However, nine times out of ten increasing the lead times is possible. Although I have found sometimes that it is difficult to get the times back down. I increased my lead times this time last year with the intention of decreasing them after the New Year but I’d gotten so many over the period that I realised it was impossible to increase the lead times until I had a manageable queue.

Archived