Year 2018: Let's Review it!

muhammadfaheem0

Hello guys,
Hope you have done a lot of awesome work during 2018. Perhaps, this was the most dynamic year for Fiverr as we all witnessed a lot of changes/improvements in Fiverr system. Among all others, I love the latest feedback system! :star_struck:

What is your most favorite update of this year? and which one you hate the most?

Thank you 🙂

Hello guys,

Hope you have done a lot of awesome work during 2018. Perhaps, this was the most dynamic year for Fiverr as we all witnessed a lot of changes/improvements in Fiverr system. Among all others, I love the latest feedback system! :star_struck:

What is your most favorite update of this year? and which one you hate the most?

Thank you 🙂

Among all others, I love the latest feedback system! :star_struck:

At first, I did not like it. However, now that we can review the buyer twice, I think I am in love with it too! 😍

Just yesterday I had a buyer insult me and my work. :roll_eyes:He went as far as accusing me of not living where I do and stating I must be from an island nation in the Pacific ocean. Then he asked me if I wanted to cancel or get an “it won’t be good” rating. I answered that I would take the rating. 🤨

He pressed the cancel/dispute button five times, and so did I. I sent a letter to CS concerning the threat and I am waiting on their answer. :thinking:

At first, I did not like it. However, now that we can review the buyer twice, I think I am in love with it too! 😍

Just yesterday I had a buyer insult me and my work. :roll_eyes:He went as far as accusing me of not living where I do and stating I must be from an island nation in the Pacific ocean. Then he asked me if I wanted to cancel or get an “it won’t be good” rating. I answered that I would take the rating. 🤨

He pressed the cancel/dispute button five times, and so did I. I sent a letter to CS concerning the threat and I am waiting on their answer. :thinking:

Am so sorry for that bad experience. I’m pretty sure you have what it takes to overcome it soon enough .

I think maybe the buyer just wanted to get a free job done.

He went as far as accusing me of not living where I do and stating I must be from an island nation in the Pacific ocean.

:rofl:

spencer_vs_dude.jpg.a4a67c5c9d809f7b5b92b7da2f48b5a5.jpg

I sent a letter to CS concerning the threat

Wish you best of luck. Usually, the CS cancels order if a buyer doesn’t approve the work. Let’s see what happens in your case.

He pressed the cancel/dispute button five times, and so did I. I sent a letter to CS concerning the threat and I am waiting on their answer.

I’m so happy when I see people refusing to cancel these bogus threatening buyer’s orders. You go girl! 👍

I always send screenshots of what the buyer said and how I responded.

My 2018 is walking to be 10% lower than 2017, but it was a good year, except for the changes on fiverr algorithm, which now values more the inexperienced and amateur gigs than the veterans (who worked hard many years). But it’s fiverr decision.

If I could suggest something for 2019: Fiverr should value more the veterans and actual best sellers, and let amateur and new gigs to prove they are good and competent, like the veterans had to do in the past. “Given” placements just kill meritocracy for those who are really good.

Anyway, I hope that 2019 be better for everyone at fiverr

My 2018 is walking to be 10% lower than 2017, but it was a good year, except for the changes on fiverr algorithm, which now values more the inexperienced and amateur gigs than the veterans (who worked hard many years). But it’s fiverr decision.

If I could suggest something for 2019: Fiverr should value more the veterans and actual best sellers, and let amateur and new gigs to prove they are good and competent, like the veterans had to do in the past. “Given” placements just kill meritocracy for those who are really good.

I was excited (a little) about the testing thing till I saw it didn’t really test skill but knowledge of certain things. I wouldn’t mind seeing an office hours feature along with the long requested accept/decline order buttons.

There were some challenges this year but overall I overcame them and was successful with a lot of work. I’ve seen a lot of my old competitors disappear this year. I’ve also seen thousands of new ones come along.

I like being able to see someone’s local time, and basic profile info in my message inbox the best of all.

It was a horrible year, and I’m glad it’s almost over.

Favorite part? Learning customer service.
Hate the most? Getting demoted from TRS.

As for the feedback system, what is there to love? Giving 5 stars to people that gave you 1 star? Sure, now we’re allowed to reply the review, but so what? We can’t change the rating we have, we can only change the response.

There were some challenges this year but overall I overcame them and was successful with a lot of work. I’ve seen a lot of my old competitors disappear this year. I’ve also seen thousands of new ones come along.

I like being able to see someone’s local time, and basic profile info in my message inbox the best of all.

a lot of my old competitors disappear this year.

Do you think they stopped working here or got banned?

which now values more the inexperienced and amateur gigs than the veterans

How would you defend this point? I can see that Fiverr still ranks the gigs which perform well. It doesn’t matter if you are a veteran or a beginner, your gig ranking mainly depends upon your performance. The better you do, the better your gigs are ranked. Isn’t it?

It was a horrible year, and I’m glad it’s almost over.

Favorite part? Learning customer service.

Hate the most? Getting demoted from TRS.

As for the feedback system, what is there to love? Giving 5 stars to people that gave you 1 star? Sure, now we’re allowed to reply the review, but so what? We can’t change the rating we have, we can only change the response.

Learning customer service.

Can you share please what you have learned about CS?

Giving 5 stars to people that gave you 1 star?

You are not forced to give 5 star to every buyer you work with. Give them the stars they deserve with the actual story behind it and people will do see your feedback on the buyer’s profile. This had never been like that but now it’s there. So this makes the rating “fair rating” system. After reviewing the buyer, you can respond to the feedback you received. That’s why, I love it! 🙂

Learning customer service.

Giving 5 stars to people that gave you 1 star?

You are not forced to give 5 star to every buyer you work with. Give them the stars they deserve with the actual story behind it and people will do see your feedback on the buyer’s profile. This had never been like that but now it’s there. So this makes the rating “fair rating” system. After reviewing the buyer, you can respond to the feedback you received. That’s why, I love it! 🙂

102876_1.png fastcopywriter:

I’ve learned to be polite with clients, professional, never sarcastic. To write things like, “I’m sorry you didn’t like my work, but my gig doesn’t offer refunds.”

You are not forced to give 5 star to every buyer you work with. Give them the stars they deserve with the actual story behind it and people will do see your feedback on the buyer’s profile.

How can I? If they ask for a revision, maybe I can give me 4 stars instead of 5. But what if they didn’t ask for a revision? What if they were polite and friendly? In that situation, I have to give them 5 stars.

So this makes the rating “fair rating” system

It’s the opposite. This rewards bad buyers with 5 stars. After all, no seller wants to look like a jerk. If you give me 5 stars, and I give you 1 star, I look horrible.

102876_1.png fastcopywriter:

I’ve learned to be polite with clients, professional, never sarcastic. To write things like, “I’m sorry you didn’t like my work, but my gig doesn’t offer refunds.”

You are not forced to give 5 star to every buyer you work with. Give them the stars they deserve with the actual story behind it and people will do see your feedback on the buyer’s profile.

How can I? If they ask for a revision, maybe I can give me 4 stars instead of 5. But what if they didn’t ask for a revision? What if they were polite and friendly? In that situation, I have to give them 5 stars.

So this makes the rating “fair rating” system

It’s the opposite. This rewards bad buyers with 5 stars. After all, no seller wants to look like a jerk. If you give me 5 stars, and I give you 1 star, I look horrible.

This rewards bad buyers with 5 stars. After all, no seller wants to look like a jerk. If you give me 5 stars, and I give you 1 star, I look horrible.

Actually, I’m not seeing this; this doesn’t appear to be true. When a buyer leaves a review, you are encouraged to share a blind review of that buyer. You are encouraged to be honest, and share your review of your experience with that buyer. Your review is permanently added to that buyer’s profile page.

This being the case, you don’t look foolish anymore if the buyer rates you 5-stars, and you felt that your experience with that buyer was worth only 1-star. The blind review system now completely separates buyer and seller reviews. The pressure to “not look foolish” is gone. The review system is now 100% open to honesty on both ends.

Once you leave your blind review, you are then able to post a response to whatever the buyer chose to post as their review of you. Your response is – like the old original system – your opportunity to tell your side of the story in regards to the buyer’s review. Your response is shown on your gig page, underneath the buyer’s review.

I really don’t see any pressure to “not look like a jerk”. There is no way, now, for you, as the seller, to look horrible. You get to post a response to the buyer’s review, and your review of the buyer is no longer shown on your gig. Win-win all around. 🙂

This rewards bad buyers with 5 stars. After all, no seller wants to look like a jerk. If you give me 5 stars, and I give you 1 star, I look horrible.

Actually, I’m not seeing this; this doesn’t appear to be true. When a buyer leaves a review, you are encouraged to share a blind review of that buyer. You are encouraged to be honest, and share your review of your experience with that buyer. Your review is permanently added to that buyer’s profile page.

This being the case, you don’t look foolish anymore if the buyer rates you 5-stars, and you felt that your experience with that buyer was worth only 1-star. The blind review system now completely separates buyer and seller reviews. The pressure to “not look foolish” is gone. The review system is now 100% open to honesty on both ends.

Once you leave your blind review, you are then able to post a response to whatever the buyer chose to post as their review of you. Your response is – like the old original system – your opportunity to tell your side of the story in regards to the buyer’s review. Your response is shown on your gig page, underneath the buyer’s review.

I really don’t see any pressure to “not look like a jerk”. There is no way, now, for you, as the seller, to look horrible. You get to post a response to the buyer’s review, and your review of the buyer is no longer shown on your gig. Win-win all around. 🙂

Let’s see if I can make you understand.

I hire you, I give you instructions. You deliver. I rate you. Now it’s your time to rate me.

How can you do that? You don’t know if I liked your work, you don’t know what I wrote. What will you write?

“I didn’t like this assignment, but I did it anyway.”

“My client didn’t give me clear instructions.”

Suppose you write, “I had a great time with this order” and give me 5 stars.

Then you see that I wrote, “I didn’t like his work, it was terrible, that’s why I didn’t bother asking for a revision.”

How do you feel now about giving me 5 stars? Sure, you can respond my review, you can call me a jerk or whatever, but I’m still the buyer who got 5 stars, so other sellers won’t know who I really am.

Let’s see if I can make you understand.

I hire you, I give you instructions. You deliver. I rate you. Now it’s your time to rate me.

How can you do that? You don’t know if I liked your work, you don’t know what I wrote. What will you write?

“I didn’t like this assignment, but I did it anyway.”

“My client didn’t give me clear instructions.”

Then you see that I wrote, “I didn’t like his work, it was terrible, that’s why I didn’t bother asking for a revision.”

How do you feel now about giving me 5 stars? Sure, you can respond my review, you can call me a jerk or whatever, but I’m still the buyer who got 5 stars, so other sellers won’t know who I really am.

That’s not the point of the new review system, though. This isn’t the old response-review format anymore. Now, the buyer rates and reviews their experience with you, and you rate and review your experience with the buyer. Blind honesty. You don’t need to know whether the buyer liked your work, because Fiverr doesn’t want response-reviews, they want untainted blindly honest reviews by both sides.

Once the blind uninfluenced reviews are shared, then you (the seller) have the chance to write a response to whatever the buyer wrote in their review for you. Simple. Effective. Honest.

There’s nothing wrong with this (as an example), because this is exactly what Fiverr wants – blind, honest, uninfluenced reviews.

which now values more the inexperienced and amateur gigs than the veterans

How would you defend this point? I can see that Fiverr still ranks the gigs which perform well. It doesn’t matter if you are a veteran or a beginner, your gig ranking mainly depends upon your performance. The better you do, the better your gigs are ranked. Isn’t it?

No, it’s not. Actually it used to be but it’s not anymore. My gig for example, is the all time best seller and one of the best selling actual at vector tracing category. My gig was placed in the last placement in the last page of best selling, while a gig with no more than 10 reviews (and average of 4.0 starts) was on top of first page.

It doesnt mainly depend on your performance. Many new/shy gigs are drafted to the top of best selling (even not being real best sellers).

Some placements are given randomly, instead earned. Nowadays you can have the best placement, just because you created a gig and did a couple of sales. Did these gigs proved they worth enough for this place? Of course not.

Archived