You don't need a video to rank high in Fiverr!

srikaanth

Just add a VERY GOOD gig image. The first image must be extraordinarily good and of high quality.

It should completely communicate your gig description with just the gig image and gig title.

This one small realisation made me a Level 2 Seller!

I should have posted this earlier, but got busy.

All the best sellers!

Reply to @logos_with_iffi: I am level 2 seller from Pakistan. I have seen your profile. Honestly It is not looking professional and you have tons of Grammatical mistakes in your profile description and gig description. Please see others gig description for an idea but do not copy. Please if you have done a lot of work as you claim then why you have not shown it. i will not trust a logo designer until he show me his samples especially when he claims of past experience. Change the gig image and make a video for your gig as well. Give samples to the client. Respond to buyers requests very professionally an you will surely get the first sale in 2 days

I don’t use videos on here solely for the reason that I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve tried viewing them and they fail to load or end up playing the completely wrong one, not that it’s the sellers fault most of the time it’s at Fiverr’s end but still what is the point if they don’t even play properly? That’s more than likely to turn potential customers away imo, so I don’t bother with them, I concentrate on sending out my samples with physical proof of the standard and quality of my work and conversing professionally with my clients, that speaks far louder than any image or video could and ever will! 🙂

Reply to @logos_with_iffi:
Your first gig image should be a logo sample. Not an advertisement type image.
Look at the top logo designers’ gigs and follow in their steps of writing gig description. Put your own twist in your gig description. Don’t copy else your account will be banned.

Try your best to stand out from the crowd.
I always make sure my gigs are very unique and offer great value for just $5.

Reply to @r3k0d3d: It’s not the seller’s fault, your internet connection is probably too slow. I used to hate YouTube, videos, streaming, and then I got me a faster connection. Like 8 mpbs or 15 mpbs, I don’t know which, but it’s certainly not the basic internet plan.

I recommend you do the same. Life will be easier, everything will be faster.

Reply to @fastcopywriter: You don’t know how hard I laughed reading this, I have the fastest broadband connection available in my country on a home made rig with a high end network card, it’s not my internet connection, it’s Fiverr, surely you’ve figured this out by now? 😛

• BTW I wasn’t trying to sound condescending, I know you were trying to help but when you’ve worked in IT for as long as I have it’s the little things that make you giggle, if it was at my end I’d know about it and spend hrs trying to fix it but I just know it isn’t in this particular case 🙂

Reply to @srikaanth: Yeah admittedly most of the time I tried using only my default browser which is Firefox with a few tweaks and add-ons for security, I thought it may have been those but I disabled everything & if I can view YouTube Flash and HTML5 vids without a hitch there shouldn’t be any reason why I can’t view Fiverr vids? I guess they were doing “maintenance” every time I tried viewing them? LOL 😛

I have to say adding a video to your gig in certain categories is a must. For example video testimonials, I don’t think you will get regular sales just by displaying an image on your gig.
However if you are in the logo, photo shop category a great image is the key to success 😉 . Good luck to everybody out there.

Archived