Fiverr Community Forum

Your editing and proofreading expert has arrived!

I’m new to Fiverr, but I’m an old hand when it comes to editing and proofreading. I’ve been working as a lawyer for over five years, assisting tertiary students for almost ten years and I’ve even assisted job hunters with drafting cover letters and resumes.

I’m excited to share my talents, passion and expertise with this community!

Give me a shout here: https://www.fiverr.com/share/ErZ5vy

1 Like

Suggest you remove all references to essays and assignments from your proofreading gig and profile description as helping with academic work is against the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Suggest you also check with Customer Support re your other gig as there have been posts in the past saying that Fiverr does not allow such gigs.

Make sure to carefully read the Terms of Service as a violation can risk your account.

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I would have expected a user with the name “A Legal Eagle” to have read the terms.

I wouldn’t hire anyone to edit a gig who doesn’t even know what can and can’t be offered in them.

Yet another post to add to the “epic failure at the first hurdle” list.

Planning to fail springs to mind.

3 Likes

@voiceoverandy and @lloydsolutions Thanks for your comments.

I’ve read the terms, but I can’t see how there is any breach of the terms in (a) including a description of my background (which has included working as an academic tutor), although I appreciate there is a distinction to be made between my past work and what I can offer here to ensure there is no breach of the terms; and (b) how assisting non-English speakers in improving their English, particularly in advertising themselves, would be contrary to those terms. I’ve sought some clarification on the terms from Fiverr for this purpose.

@voiceoverandy - A good lawyer knows when to seek clarification and when it is appropriate to argue their point; I’m doing just that.

About This Gig

Editing of everything from cover letters to assignments to blogs; if you want to make an impression, ace that assignment or get that job interview - let me help you!

The above is copied from your gig.

“my skillset is perfectly suited to editing a broad range of documents including essays,”

The above is copied from your profile description.

Unethical Services

Fiverr’s marketplace is open for sellers to offer any creative and productive service they wish to propose. With that being said, we ask to refrain from offering any unethical service. For example, taking part in doing someone else’s academic work (which will likely be submitted as the student’s own work) or requesting academic work to be done for you, is unethical since it violates most schools’ Honor Codes and constitutes copyright infringement. Fiverr does not allow this type of fraudulent activities and it will not be permitted on our platform.

The above is from the Community Standards.

Gigs and/or users may be removed by Fiverr from the Site for violations of these Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards, which may include (but are not limited to) the following violations and/or materials:

• Intentional copies of Gigs
  • Spam, nonsense, or violent or deceptive Gigs
  • Gigs misleading to Buyers or others
  • Reselling of regulated goods
  • Offering to prepare academic works on behalf of Buyers
  • Services that extend beyond 30 days of service duration

The above is from the Terms of Service.

Will leave this with you.

1 Like

Thank you for pointing that out - I had updated my gig offering on the basis of the Terms (and that was the basis for my first point around ensuring my gig did not breach the terms, while still clarifying what my past experience was), but I had not yet updated my Profile, so I appreciate the identification of the reference in there to ‘essays’. An ‘assignment’ can also be a reference to a piece of work assigned in a job, which is why I had retained that reference. My second comment at (b) is what I’ve sought some further clarification about, or, if you can identify the term relied upon in that respect, it would be much appreciated.