Fiverr Forum

Your experience with out of office

Hello I needed to go out of office for 10-12 days, im back now and im curious if that will affect my ranking much and for how long?

What’s your experience with going in out of office?

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

NEVER GO OUT OF OFFICE.

I went out of office for about 20 days and my GIG went from 23.500K impressions to 7.5k impressions in those 20 days.

The bad thing is that when I came back I kept going down and down until a point where I had to cancel and delete my entire GIG and create a new one.

1 Like

Everyone has different experience. Some (majority) say that their ranking was affected and some say that their gig came back to its original placing right away.

1 Like

For 10-12 days, you have a better option than going out of office - simply increase your delivery time by 12 days for everything, and remove any extra fast delivery options.

I read quite a few horror stories myself re: OOO.

Anytime I needed to go away on vacation, I always opted to extend the delivery window on all my gigs, and write a disclaimer on my profile. (Plus a couple of templated messages for when a new or existing clients reached out via inbox)

Fiverr claims the OOO flaws have been resolved but I personally don’t trust it.

That being said, if you are going away your gig’s rankings will be affected either way somewhat, unless you plan on taking new orders.

2 Likes

I have heard that they have lost their rank

I don’t actually experience any bad ranking problem, I just checked few of my gigs for few minutes but it seems it don’t affected me much. Maybe some of my gigs dropped few positions down but nothing extreme.