Your experience with Paused gigs

deluxewriting

Hello, Fellow Fiver Sellers!
I have encountered a couple of scam buyers on Fiverr and am now feeling frustrated. I feel that I need a short vacation after this bad experience. I am looking for your opinion on a few options that I have for temporarily pausing my Fiverr profile.

1. Paused gigs, Do they affect your gig’s rankings?
  2. Orders in Queue. So, after a gig gets paused through the orders in queue, does it return to the same ranking or it falls down the search results?

Any other suggestions are welcomed!

Yes ,vacation mode ll effect your ranking and selling as well.Active gigs with excellent performance will come upward in ranking in your category.
I suggest not to take vacation but you can limit your gig so you can get orders from your regular good buyers only.

Yes ,vacation mode ll effect your ranking and selling as well.Active gigs with excellent performance will come upward in ranking in your category.

I suggest not to take vacation but you can limit your gig so you can get orders from your regular good buyers only.

Ok, thanks a lot for your suggestions. So, limiting the orders in the queue doesn’t affect a gig’s rankings?

I used the pause last week when I needed more time to catch up with orders. Before pausing I was visible on the first page in my category…post pause I don’t see my gig anywhere. 😒

Sorry about your bad experiences! I understand needing a break.

I used the pause last week when I needed more time to catch up with orders. Before pausing I was visible on the first page in my category…post pause I don’t see my gig anywhere. 😒

Sorry about your bad experiences! I understand needing a break.

Oh, then pausing the gig is not an option. I guess I will have to rely on limiting orders in the queue.

Oh, then pausing the gig is not an option. I guess I will have to rely on limiting orders in the queue.

I went on vacation mode though last month and my experience was different. Upon return it didn’t seem to affect me. Also I should have mentioned even though I can’t see my gig at the moment, orders still somehow came in.

I recently created a new Gig and paused it while waiting for the video and audio to be approved. That was Monday night. The video and audio were approved on Wednesday, so I promptly UNpaused it and it STILL isn’t findable via search. I know it can take a day or 2 for new gigs to be searchable, but this’ well beyond that timeframe, so I opened a ticket with CS. I don’t know for sure, obviously, but I do think it’s because I had it paused upon creation.

So I too vote for no-pause and just use the limiting functionality instead.

When you use the limit orders in queue functionality, once your limit is reached, Fiverr will pause your gig for you though, so in that case you´ll end with the same result. But up to then your gig stays visible, and in search.
Regarding this part “I suggest not to take vacation but you can limit your gig so you can get orders from your regular good buyers only.” - that´s one of the settings within the limiting the queue, there´s a slider that lets you choose if you want your former customers to be able to still book, or not. Depending on how big an order by (a) regular customer(s) would be, or if you specifically want to avoid a former ‘scam buyer’ booking your gig, leaving that setting on ‘on’, could be counter-productive.

When you use the limit orders in queue functionality, once your limit is reached, Fiverr will pause your gig for you though, so in that case you´ll end with the same result. But up to then your gig stays visible, and in search.

Regarding this part “I suggest not to take vacation but you can limit your gig so you can get orders from your regular good buyers only.” - that´s one of the settings within the limiting the queue, there´s a slider that lets you choose if you want your former customers to be able to still book, or not. Depending on how big an order by (a) regular customer(s) would be, or if you specifically want to avoid a former ‘scam buyer’ booking your gig, leaving that setting on ‘on’, could be counter-productive.

Great, I didn’t know about that feature. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Ok, so it will not affect my rankings when I edit my delivery time again?

Not as long as it is temporary. It has affected my ranking in search results, but I don’t care about that as I was prominently placed for 2 years and have over 1000 clients who keep coming back. So I don’t depend on search. But longer delivery time is better than pausing the gigs.

Not as long as it is temporary. It has affected my ranking in search results, but I don’t care about that as I was prominently placed for 2 years and have over 1000 clients who keep coming back. So I don’t depend on search. But longer delivery time is better than pausing the gigs.

Ok, thanks a lot for your suggestion. I will surely try to implement it. I hope that it doesn’t affect my rankings, considering I am a relatively new seller with just 10-15 repeat clients.

I regularly take vacation mode when I need to take some time off for any reason at all. It used to be slow to pick up again on return but the last few times that hasn’t happened and I’ve been contacted by new buyers immediately after returning.
I choose not to limit orders in queue in these situations simply because I want to take an actual break, including from inbox messages, and limiting orders in queue doesn’t do that (unless you put 0, which seems pointless; you might as well go on vacation).

The only thing you can’t turn off is people who have contacted you before through your inbox, contacting you again.

I regularly take vacation mode when I need to take some time off for any reason at all. It used to be slow to pick up again on return but the last few times that hasn’t happened and I’ve been contacted by new buyers immediately after returning.

I choose not to limit orders in queue in these situations simply because I want to take an actual break, including from inbox messages, and limiting orders in queue doesn’t do that (unless you put 0, which seems pointless; you might as well go on vacation).

The only thing you can’t turn off is people who have contacted you before through your inbox, contacting you again.

Thanks a lot for letting me know about your experience. I will surely consider this option.

BTW, Happy Birthday. May you live long, happy and prosperous!

• 3 years later...

Archived