Your friendly support guy might have been the CEO himself

miiila

Okay, chances are slim, I guess, but it’s interesting to know anyway: According to the latest edition of German magazine Business Punk, Micha Kaufman worked in customer support and still puts in one day of support tickets per quarter, not telling his name, to get the vibe.

He recommends the customer support experience to everyone, to not just stare at Google Analytics, to see how customers adopt what you have built - which they sometimes do in a different way than you anticipated.

I don’t think I have what it takes to work in customer support. I can’t even begin to imagine the list of daunting questions, inquiries, complaints, threats and other crazy stuff that hostile people throw at you.

I give great deal of credit to those able to work in CS! Good for him, if he does, it’ll keep him grounded and appreciate his employees. 🙂

I better be nice then when I talk to them! You never know if it’s him or not. Actually I always am nice to them since it helps to get the problem fixed and they are people who have a very hard job and probably deal with jerks a lot.
I want to be one of the ones who is nice, organized and professional.

I better be nice then when I talk to them! You never know if it’s him or not. Actually I always am nice to them since it helps to get the problem fixed and they are people who have a very hard job and probably deal with jerks a lot.

I want to be one of the ones who is nice, organized and professional.

I find that when I’m appreciative, understanding and basically treat support like human over the phone, at least 50% of the time they go the extra mile for me.

Perhaps they would have anyways, but I like to think being nice just got me a little something more - regardless of being true or not.

I find that when I’m appreciative, understanding and basically treat support like human over the phone, at least 50% of the time they go the extra mile for me.

Perhaps they would have anyways, but I like to think being nice just got me a little something more - regardless of being true or not.

Also on fiverr they are always so nice to me too. It’s a win/win for both of us. Gina It’s so nice to see you again!

It sure takes a lot of patience, plus decoding abilities 😉 Probably quite a few Fiverr sellers would do very well in customer support jobs, it’s a skill you need to pick up along the way, at least if you want to have returning customers.

I do like the idea of CEOs of any size of companies working on support tickets regularly. I don’t know if I would have gotten the idea to do that myself if I were CEO, boss, or whatever of a company that has someone/people to do customer support because it’s not really an enviable job to me but I hope I would because it definitely makes sense.

Archived