Your Gig Is Removed - Illegitimate

tassaduqzee

Hello everyone, It was extremely disappointing to know that Fiverr has just removed my gig for the reason I am totally unaware of and neither I did so ( as mentioned in the removal email. ) . I am new to Fiverr and completed 2 orders which were fully obeying policies yet this sudden email from fiver is annoying. Such act is not encouraging at all as sellers are being degraded which shows that Fiverr is limited to buyers and its own interest only. I was neither informed nor given warning and sudden removal which is completely unjustified. I request my community for kind guidance please.
Regards

Email from fiver below :
Unfortunately we had to remove your Gig write google friendly SEO optimized content for your website due to the following reason/s:

• Taking part in doing someone else’s academic work (which will likely be submitted as the student’s own work) or engaging in acts of plagiarism/unauthorised copying is a violation of most, if not all, schools’ Honor Codes and constitutes copyright infringement. This behavior can lead to the suspension or expulsion of students. Fiverr does not allow this type of fraudulent activities and it will not be permitted on our platform.
    Please consult our Help Center and review our Terms of Service for more information.
    Thanks,
    The Fiverr Team

Hello everyone, It was extremely disappointing to know that Fiverr has just removed my gig for the reason I am totally unaware of and neither I did so ( as mentioned in the removal email. ) . I am new to Fiverr and completed 2 orders which were fully obeying policies yet this sudden email from fiver is annoying. Such act is not encouraging at all as sellers are being degraded which shows that Fiverr is limited to buyers and its own interest only. I was neither informed nor given warning and sudden removal which is completely unjustified. I request my community for kind guidance please.

Regards

Email from fiver below :

Unfortunately we had to remove your Gig write google friendly SEO optimized content for your website due to the following reason/s:

• Taking part in doing someone else’s academic work (which will likely be submitted as the student’s own work) or engaging in acts of plagiarism/unauthorised copying is a violation of most, if not all, schools’ Honor Codes and constitutes copyright infringement. This behavior can lead to the suspension or expulsion of students. Fiverr does not allow this type of fraudulent activities and it will not be permitted on our platform.

Please consult our Help Center and review our Terms of Service for more information.

Thanks,

The Fiverr Team

Fiverr has just removed my gig for the reason I am totally unaware of

So what was the scope of your first 2 orders?

Regards

Email from fiver below :

Thanks,

The Fiverr Team

Fiverr has just removed my gig for the reason I am totally unaware of and neither I did so

I am new to Fiverr and completed 2 orders which were fully obeying policies

It seems you weren’t “fully obeying policies” and was offering academic work. Being unaware of the rules makes it impossible for you to know if you are actually obeying the rules. This is not a valid defense for violating said rules.

Regards

Email from fiver below :

Thanks,

The Fiverr Team

did you read Fiverr Terms of Service and Community Standards?

if not, probably this is the reason you created a gig that isn’t allowed at Fiverr.

By the way, working someone else academic work is unethical and prohibited in most countries of the world. Not different here at fiverr, and fiverr don’t need to explain this.

Fiverr has just removed my gig for the reason I am totally unaware of and neither I did so

I am new to Fiverr and completed 2 orders which were fully obeying policies

It seems you weren’t “fully obeying policies” and was offering academic work. Being unaware of the rules makes it impossible for you to know if you are actually obeying the rules. This is not a valid defense for violating said rules.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, there is nothing like that i am not aware of rules, yet it is to clarify that i neither offered any policy violating service nor processed any such order.

no policy is violated

That’s why I wanted to ask what was the job you did for the first 2 orders? Did you write an article… or what was the job

1st order was writing an article for my 1st customer which was 100% plagiarism free and general. 2nd order was technical which also doesn’t violate any policy.

1st order was writing an article for my 1st customer which was 100% plagiarism free and general. 2nd order was technical which also doesn’t violate any policy.

The message from Fiverr addressed academic work along with plagiarism.

Was the content academic in nature or seemed like student assignments/essays/homework?

did you read Fiverr Terms of Service and Community Standards?

if not, probably this is the reason you created a gig that isn’t allowed at Fiverr.

By the way, working someone else academic work is unethical and prohibited in most countries of the world. Not different here at fiverr, and fiverr don’t need to explain this.

thanks for reply. i am fully aware of policy and other rules because when i joined Fiverr , the purpose was to groom my business and not to destroy it in 2 weeks. Neither i processed any order related to academic work not i offered such services. Yet Fiverr has done which is unjustified and no proof is there.

In “I will write google friendly SEO optimized content for your website” your description said:

Some areas I focus on are:
Digital / Tele / Affiliate Marketing / SEO

Academic / Essays / Creative

It was the “academic” and “essays” words that probably got it flagged.

I see. Have you tried explaining to Fiverr? They will be able to see the order page anyhow… Maybe the system got triggered by some words you had in the conversation with the buyer (?)

In “I will write google friendly SEO optimized content for your website” your description said:

Yep! that most definitely triggered the system.

@tassaduqzee maybe you need to read the Terms of Service again…

overall it’s 4.9 ranking .and no policy is violated

.and no policy is violated

According to the post by @uk1000 and the email from Fiverr you violated the Terms of Service by offering to prepare academic work and essays in your gig description.

Make sure to carefully read the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page as a violation can risk your account.

Considering you only have 14-minutes of read time here on the Forum I’m not surprised.

As others have asked, did you READ the Fiverr Terms of Service EVEN AFTER your Gig was removed?

That should have clued you into the reason why it happened if you didn’t feel the email wasn’t enough.

All you have to do is come up with different (new) Gigs that don’t violate the ToS and you’ll be golden.

Did you find that in google cache?

But I have seen such words in topper gigs and academic or writing essays for educational purposes are not illegal.

But I have seen such words in topper gigs and academic or writing essays for educational purposes are not illegal.

I have seen such words in topper gigs

This behavior can lead to the suspension or expulsion of students. Fiverr does not allow this type of fraudulent activities and it will not be permitted on our platform.

Suggest you read the email Fiverr sent you again.

It will only be a matter of time before such gigs are removed.

It’s safest not to use those words as Fiverr will think you’re helping someone with their academic work which they will then give as there own. Just because there are other gigs with those words doesn’t mean they won’t get flagged at some point too (though some say they don’t work on academic work I think).

The Fiverr Terms of service says:

Gigs and/or users may be removed by Fiverr from the Site for violations of these Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards, which may include (but are not limited to) the following violations and/or materials:

…Offering to prepare academic works on behalf of Buyers

The community standards page says:

"…For example, taking part in doing someone else’s academic work (which will likely be submitted as the student’s own work) or requesting academic work to be done for you, is unethical since it violates most schools’ Honor Codes and constitutes copyright infringement. Fiverr does not allow this type of fraudulent activities and it will not be permitted on our platform.

https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/integrity-authenticity

I have seen such words in topper gigs

This behavior can lead to the suspension or expulsion of students. Fiverr does not allow this type of fraudulent activities and it will not be permitted on our platform.

Suggest you read the email Fiverr sent you again.

It will only be a matter of time before such gigs are removed.

so Fiverr just punished me for what is not practically performed by me…

Archived