Your Gig Title.. Get it right the first time or tough titties?

I’ve read the tips…

To be successful you need to offer something different, unique , stand out from the crowd.

You need to tweak your gig titles, descriptions to make them as clear and attractive as possible.

But is there any point?

I’ve changed my gig titles a few times as they were , well, crappy.

But fiverr still uses my first gig title as its URL and that’s never going to change.

Does that mean the gig will forever be classified/indexed by fiverr on that first title once I hit the publish button? What’s the point of tweaking it then.

Does that mean we have to get the title right the first time or is it just tough titties for your gig if not…

I think the URL work just for outside searches (e.g. google). The title have a huge search impact on Fiverr platform, so you can change it after to tweak your gig and use better keywords. This will affect the intern searches results (the most important IMO).

Like @dukanu pointed out, the first title you create is the Search Engine title e.g “The only gig you need for custom unicorn poo!”(Yeah I know, these are S**T titles).The second title you create should be keyword for fiverr e.g “I will professionally design unicorn poo” ( Apparently shorter titles are better).

The thing is, you’re probably not gonna get that many sales through Google, does it really matter…at all?

I’m new too so still gotta try this stuff out myself 😉

Change your gig title as often as you like. I’ve changed the the title of my gig about a dozen times over the last year, and the only thing that’s changed is that my ranking went up in response to my efforts to refine it for the best appeal.

Fiverr is based on a CMS and when you create your gig title becomes also the permalink. This will not change in the database if you change the title of your gig. What will change is the metadata and therefore the search results, as those are not only based on the permalink.

I got stung by gig titles when I created my first couple, as I didn’t realise this either and had things in the title that I didn’t want staying - ie the number of words they got etc, as I changed that as I went along. I kept the old gigs up, whilst creating new gigs as well and once the new gigs had enough reviews, I turn the old ones off if that makes sense?

As per my observation . The gig url will be remain the old one which you use when you create the gig . Because when you create your gig . In backend Fiver create directories with specific Url structure . So that your gig data will remain save so when ever you make new title it won’t effect your directory on their database . Thats why your url is still old one . But believe that does not effect on the search . Keywords and clear gig title are important .

Plus the description in the gig is important .

So hope that helps you

Well, keep in mind that changing your gig title doesn’t in itself boost your ranking or search results. The important thing is to have at least one key-word in all three key areas: meta-tags, gig description, and title. So feel free to change your gig title, but don’t do it because you just want to change your gig title: do it because you’re adjusting your keywords.

You’re correct: the permalink, also called the “slug,” can never, ever be changed. But having said that, my slug hasn’t contained any keywords used in my gig title, description, or meta-tags for at least the past 12 months and my business has only gotten better month after month. The slug is important, but what I’ve seen from my own experiences is that it counts for almost nothing compared to proper use and placement of keywords.

Archived