Your order was cancelled by Fiverr's Customer Service team

geekseo

2 days ago, someone ordered 8 gigs. I delivered them within 1 day and buyer marked the order as complete. Today I got an email that the "Your order was cancelled by Fiverr’s Customer Service team."

I searched for the username of that buyer and now fiverr shows “nothing found for that user”.

This is first time happening with me. Can anyone tell me why this happened?

If Customer Service cancelled it the buyer was possibly caught using a stolen PayPal/Card and was banned. Unfortunately Fiverr doesn’t cover lost profits. You can always write to Customer Service to ask about it, but they’ll probably give you the same answer.

Not necessarily lost/stolen card or account.

Some buyers purchase a ton of gigs, and then for whatever reason (either they were malicious from the get go, or were not happy with their delivered goods) issue a charge back via credit card or paypal. Fiverr instantly bans such buyers, as they should. Unfortunately that means all funds are returned to the buyer.

This is not Fiverr’s fault, the funds are automatically returned to the financial institutions in question, and Fiverr also loses its own commission from the process.

Operating on Fiverr is just like running your own business. You will sometimes have to take losses for any number of reasons.

Sorry this happened to you. I’ve been there as well. Luckily that buyer is banned, so hopefully will not attempt to pull such actions on others here.

I am sorry to hear your sad story. By the way, sellers should be extra careful with the buyers’ requests. Some look suspicious already by reading the request description.

Up to now, during more than one year, I have only had one buyer who found a tricky way to ‘steal’ my voice-over work. All my other buyers have been fine people to co-operate with.

So, just don’t let this ‘steal’ your energy and trust on Fiverr 🙂

all the best!

• 1 year later...

I worked and delivered the book manuscript with pics to a client. They accepted and marked it as complete. Two weeks later they complained that the pics in the book were not good. I changed them though it was so late in the day. Today, a month later I got another note. The client says that they are not happy and want a refund. What do I do?

@geekseo and other sellers: When dealing with a new client, as much as you might really want to get a big stack of cash in one deal, this is one reason that when possible, you should try a small deal first. Have your buyer break the deal up into smaller portions or offer a $5-10 piece of work as a sample/start-up piece.

See if all goes well, the client is easy to get along with, gives you adequate information and seems to be legit. If so, then if you can, continue the work portion by portion and if that isn’t possible, at least you have one test before charging a lump sum for the remainder. You’ll still encounter losses from time to time, but they won’t be as much out of your pocket.

Archived