You're s***

emmaki

Well, technically it’s a real tip based on the opinion of a real TRS. Our additions may not be very tiplike so far, but we could add some more. Whether it stays or goes away or gets moved really depends on the response. So far, it’s at least a discussion!

Wow, this is hard!
It’s a tip for sellers…Emmaki as far as I know is the no-bull-sh*t-and-straight-to-the-point type, so I’m sure this has a deep meaning…

You’re s***. This is hard. It’s a tip.
You’re sane. Nah, don’t think so.
You’re…scum!! But that’s not really a tip is it.
You’re sick? You’re …sass. Nah, not it. I give uuuuuuuuuup!!

I can either share tips to deshitify (a real word that I just made up) the cadre who won’t make it simply because they’re not going to listen anyway OR I can share screenshots of my inbox idiots this past weeks. Lowlights include a rogue spammer insisting it’s not spam because it’s Easter (spam included was literally a free template that said “happy Easter your logo”), a request that turned into IT support, and a person with a boat party (read: mobile drunkard factory) who thought my copy was unclassy. Dude…your market is drunk English tourists. Ain’t no class in those parts.

But let’s look at actual posts where someone IS being useful, helpful and a better person than I am. Andy, who is doing a webinar on Monday at [your timezone time here]. Bravo Andy! He extends that grace to answering questions on that thread.

Just look at the abysmally low quality of responses. I stand by what I said. When I say “you’re ****”, I’m not singling you out as a person, dear reader. I am singling out the remarkably low quality of plenty of posters (sellers and buyers) who are desperate for success yet can’t seem to rub together an iota of sense. I do have disdain for those people, it’s true.

I mean, come on. “How can I make work” is not a question. It’s merely a post highlighting your fundamental uselessness, whether or not you can speak English. There are plenty of sh*tposters here with great English who are still ****.

Besides, y’all know this is the most interesting post you’ve seen all week 😉

I don’t tend to radiate disdain while sleeping… I think? I’d rather not have a panel of scientists staring at me as I sleep to decide on my sleep emotions though. That’s a bit creepy. Though if I got $5 out of it, I might be persuaded.

I thought it was a slightly more cryptic piece of advice. I thought it was “You’re Siri”. That made sense to me as if all people with stupid questions pretended they were Siri in order to answer those questions they would figure it out themselves. Siri goes through the information it has to hand and picks the most applicable answer to the question. If people went through the information available (Forum, Blog, ToS etc) before posting, 90% of questions would be answered for them.

He’s a super seller doing the webinar thingy for new sellers to help them get started, be successful and all that jazz. It should be floating about somewhere in tips for sellers. Honestly, nothing to see there except a sea of “THANK YOU ANDY!”

He explicitly asked for questions and got silver-crusted turds. Personally, I think Andy is wasting his time, but kudos to him in any case. It won’t hurt his rep with Fiverr HQ either, which is the really important thing here.

(Cynical, moi?)

I would have to agree with the you’re s*** statement. I had someone a couple of days ago asking how I do my ‘magic’ as he wants to make it big on Fiverr (even though I’m hardly ‘big’ myself). I said sorry, can’t help etc. He then comes back saying ‘okay, how about I order your gig and then you tell me?’

I was therefore tempted to say something like the first thing you have to do to squeeze your first idea out is lick a live power line. Alas, though, my conscience forbade me from being too venomous in case the poor chap actually followed my advice.

Archived