Fiverr Forum

YouTube just removed four on my videos due to traffic violations. [ARCHIVED]

I am so very disappointed. I have used a handful of Fiver YouTube traffic sellers, sent email to each one to confirm that the methods being used were 100% Google, YouTube, & Adsense safe, and now I’ve had four videos removed and uploaded to another URL as a courtesy by YouTube. I do not know if I will be able to monetize them in the future and they have stated, “This following video was found in Violation of TOU #4 Section H:”, due to the traffic methods used.

It feels like a warning, and perhaps it’s much more, but the bottom line remains that I am not comfortable purchasing any more gigs from Fiver for these services. I am willing to accept that the sellers involved also believed they were providing a “safe” service from their traffic exchange networks, or whatever methods they were using,
but I guess for all us it’s, “Buyer…and seller beware”.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have submitted a request to Customer Support and I have received an email back. I will post the outcome here as soon as I hear back from them.

Thanks, Geoff

I have now had a fifth video removed by YouTube. I suspect they are auditing all my channels, and will possibly remove any video that I used Fiverr sellers on to increase the views. Not only am I losing the views, but I am losing all the subscriptions, likes and comments. This is effectively wiping out months worth of work, and I am asking the Moderators of this forum to look into this Fiverr gig of selling increased views on YouTube and curtail its use.

Many of the Fiverr sellers advertise, “…100% safe Google, YouTube & Adsense views…” which in reality is false advertising. There is plenty of risk associated with using these sellers, and your buyers need to be informed. Some of your sellers are more candid and provide warnings to the buyer about, “…turning off Adsense…” for instance, but are clear that their methods are not YouTube “safe”. To be blunt, all of these sellers are in direct violation of YouTube’s Terms of Use, and should be advertising as such, if not stopped completely.

Do you happen to know which, if any, Fiver Traffic Gigs are not violating YouTube’s TOS?

Anything that promises like 10000 views or likes for $5 is using illegal methods.

kjblynx said: buyers don't know that because they didn't read the TOS either.
You'd think they would, this is a place of business.

szabosongs said: Do you happen to know which, if any, Fiver Traffic Gigs are not violating YouTube's TOS?

Real YouTube's Terms of Service!

Sadly…my sixth video was removed by YouTube this morning due to Fiverr seller methods that violate YouTube Terms of Use. I did receive a reply from Customer Support which basically said the errant gigs I ordered were cancelled and the monies credited to my account for future purchases. I’m very surprised by this, because when I received the cancellation requests from each of the sellers after I let them know that my videos were being removed by YouTube, I declined the cancellation, and posted exactly what had happened. The refund doesn’t even begin to cover the damage that’s been done. The best I got from Customer Support is that they would refer it to the Product and Content team for review. Hopefully, they will take some action and put an end to these gigs. This customer is less than happy…I can tell you that.

I recently too had 2 videos removed & re-uploaded by youtube, (it actually said ‘duplications are not allowed’, so I dont know what was going on there?) after buying likes that was supposed to be ‘natural views’, was dissapointed as was very pleased to start with. You live & learn…

And now I’ve had the ultimate happen…my Adsense account has been disabled. I can no longer monetize any of my videos and my revenue stream has been terminated. I’m way past being angry, and all I can say is that Fiverr.com bears some responsibility for allowing these YouTube View Sellers to proliferate advertising “safe” views when it’s obvious they are not. There is little or no penalty for the seller, but the buyer is penalized heavily for being duped. As the customer here, I’m having a lot of difficulty understanding the apparent lack of concern on the part of Fiverr.com. On the other hand, as the victim of this scam, YouTube crashed down hard on me unilaterally with a draconian verdict and no chance for appeal. Surely this result cannot be in keeping with Fiverr.com’s customer service policies. Hopefully some changes will be initiated so another buyer doesn’t suffer the same consequences as me when purchasing gigs from YouTube View sellers.

I agree with your statement that ‘not knowing the law’ is not a defense’ - but one that Fiverr/youtube are hiding behind in this situation. The Craig’s List case is not at all a fair comparison. In the case of a killer stalking prey, Craig’s list did not deliberately aid and abed him.

Fiverr on the other hand, does directly aid in the sale of services that are not appropriate to YouTube. Type in “youtube views” and most of the high ratings sellers are selling views. So, they are ACTIVELY promoting the practice. Had this service been illegal and not just a breach of ethics, Fiverr would be guilty of pandering, fencing, or something of that ilk. An old restaurant boss of mine told us about the time he worked at a hotel in which a waiter of his declared 100% of his tips. IRS came in to audit all of the waiters (who typically don’t declare most of their tips.) They were found guilty of tax evasion and penalized. The hotel, for failing to do it’s due diligence, was find $10,000 or tens of thousands (don’t remember the exact wording as it was long ago). Now, how can a restaurant watch what all of its wait staff are doing all of the time? It can’t but that’s irrelevant in the eyes of the law - it should have know what was going on just as Fiverr should. “Even long-established, mammoth companies like auto manufacturers don’t get it right all the time,” - and when they don’t they (not their customers) pay tens of millions of dollars for THEIR mistakes.

Now in the case of YouTube google, they are actually purporting a fraud against its users by promoting something (that it uses as a marker for inappropriate behavior) that it will use to ban you. That’s like selling ice cream cones to children then having your employees take it away once you’ve paid for it.

I’ve had 2 of mine pulled for the same reason.

To be honest, my main reaction to sob stories like this is, You get what you paid for. You tried to artificially inflate your site’s popularity by buying likes, which is just as dishonest as sellers of likes who know that what they sell isn’t real or permanent. Then you complain because Fiverr didn’t hold your hand and stop you from breaking the terms of use of your accounts, which you never bothered to read. You just wanted to make fast, easy money by putting out a video, blog or site, then have people come to you and generate income for you, because you’re so wonderful. Except no one seems to recognize your brilliance, so you have to buy likes.

This OP says he always asked that sellers use methods approved for use by AdSense and Google, which shows he has some idea of what might be allowed, what might not. However most terms of service for those sites clearly state that no artificial means to drive traffic are allowed. What does he think buying “likes” is, exactly? Then he complains that Fiverr practices false advertising by allowing sellers of likes. Fiverr, however, does not sell likes. It merely provides a platform which brings together buyers and sellers. While not completely unpoliced, Fiverr makes no claims that every single seller of every single gig is scrutinized in detail. Fiverr, like Google, posts its terms of service, and when it is brought to their attention that a member has broken those TOS, they deal with it. Just like You Tube dealt with the OP when it became aware that he had broken their terms of use. Before that, he bought likes and enjoyed the benefits.

It’s infuriating to the rest of us who sell real, honest services and goods to have to share space with these sellers. I wish Fiverr would do away with the entire category. At some point, the complaints from Google, You Tube, Facebook, and so on will become so troublesome, maybe that will happen. Sellers of likes, followers and "good review"s (and IMO also the garden variety of so-called psychics, palm readers, mediums and self-proclaimed wizards, witches, priestesses and sellers of charms and spells) are nothing more than 21st century snake oil salesmen~

Caveat emptor.

The same thing just happened to me, and I read the TOS. That being said, my understanding of the rules was that you couldn’t use artificial means - the robots things. When someone told me about fivrr and I saw a whole category addressing this, with most of the sellers saying ‘safe’ ‘real people’ no problem with Youtube, I concluded since it was allowed by the site that this was acceptable business methods.

My video is for entertainment purposes, not for money making on you tube. The practice of putting shills in an audience (paid fans) goes back to Shakespeare’s time. They are even used as funeral mourners in some countries. I read this to be the technical age version of that practice and not in violation of TOS rules.

Celticmoon,

You state: "However most terms of service for those sites clearly state that no artificial means to drive traffic are allowed."

What exactly do you think advertising with Adsence/Google or anyone is? It’s artificial and manipulative - that’s why it’s a billion dollar business. And what guarantee does one have that those methods are legitimate either? I recently saw this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVfHeWTKjag ) in which the host did a sting on Facebook and found out that their approved method of gaining followers actually did the EXACT same thing as they told people not to do!

The only ‘natural’ way of gaining followers is by word of mouth. I had about 3000 views and over 100 comments before I came across fiverr. Had they not had the category of driving views to your YouTube, I would still have my initial views and comments instead of having my video removed.

When a TV, drugs, etc. are sold in a dark alley or off the back of a truck, buyers know that it is not legal. But when those items are sold from an established store (like Fiverr) those practices are given an air of credibility that leads one to believe that it is legitimate.

If 100% of those sellers promising ‘video views’ or the like are selling bad items, then Fiverr should accept some of the responsibility for the negative outcomes and at least do its do diligence and clean house of this type of activity.

@kendrickkaufman I agree with a lot of what you’re saying here. Personally, most ads of any sort I find incredibly annoying and always manipulative.

I think part of the problem is there is no clear line between what is right, and what is wrong, and that varies so much across cultures. TV ads show paid actors getting excited about their laxatives. Perfectly legal. But my adult common sense tells me, this person is being paid to say these things; I understand that this is an act. And therefore what’s being said in the ad should be taken with a grain of salt. The reason there are so many more restrictions in advertising aimed at children is because young minds are less able to differentiate between advertising/acting and real-life. So adults recognize that children should be protected from the most aggressive and overt forms of influence in ads. But there are lots of grey areas. Today’s cartoon shows look like 30-minute ads, and that is just wrong, IMO. There’s still lots of work to do, obviously.

So what about sellers of traffic on Fiverr? Well, Fiverr tells us in their TOS that gigs are not individually cleared before being posted. Sellers are expected to read and follow the rules about selling. And selling likes, followers, etc. is not explicitly restricted. This is outside my area of business, but I think the reason is that there are plenty of sellers who have a large network of connections by participating in many groups, running blogs, etc. So they really will send your link to a large group of people; now maybe those people get perqs of some sort for clicking, like a CPA program or something, I don’t know, but they’re real humans nonetheless. These sellers shouldn’t be banned, they’re not breaking any TOS’s.

The real problem is figuring out which seller is honestly sharing your link with a real network, and which seller just claims to be doing so, or he says that his service is AdSense/Google/FB approved, but is not being truthful. You as a buyer have to be willing to take a chance that this unknown seller is not selling you a bill of goods. The dishonest seller may end up getting your account banned-the point of the OP

Fiverr WILL delete traffic gigs like these if they get a complaint, because that’s when they scrutinize the details of the gigs, perhaps see reasons to consider them suspect and say ‘good-bye’. Also, if sites like FB or YT complain about a specific Fiverr seller, that will get the gig deleted, too. Those complaints almost always arise due to the use of bots, or, as in one tale of woe I read on the forums, a sudden influx of likes from one country, not the same as the account-holder’s who bought the likes.

Advertising is a form of manipulation. And we’ll forever be trying to define at what point that manipulation is wrong, either legally or morally. Part of the human condition in the 21st century, I guess~

Celticmoon

Even if “…Fiverr tells us in their TOS that gigs are not individually cleared before being posted.” the store proprietors (In this case Fiverr) are ultimately responsible for their products/services. I see you’re in the US. Then you should know if someone gets drunk at your house then kills someone in a DUI incident - you’re still culpable. If a guy looks 50 but turns out to be 20 when you serve him alcohol - he’s still culpable. If Ford motors doesn’t realize the bolts on its new models are defective and life threatening - they are still culpable. If the products on your store shelves turn out to be stolen, even if you don’t know - you’re still culpable. At best the entity is responsible of negligence and responsible for restitution. At worse, those associated with the problem can go to jail.

The 95% of humanity can’t identify how these types of services work, so it should be up to the website to authenticate their validity. What adds insult to injury, I spent several hours filling out YouTube’s appeal form and received a response within 30 seconds from them stating that my appeal had been reviewed and declined. This is especially heinous

is that Google (owner of YouTube) promotes Fiverr through its promotions folder, so in affect they promote the sellers of services they disapprove of. Thus, they defraud us by promoting the sale of services that they will punish us if we use.

Really, I’m sorry to hear about what happened to you on YT. But still, I have to point out that the examples you give are still not always black & white. And Fiverr isn’t a proprietor or retailer: it’s a platform which brings together sellers of goods & services and buyers seeking those goods & services. For the most part, everyone is responsible for their own behavior, and that includes having an understanding about what it is you’re buying.

Sorry guys but htis is absolutely not allowed by Youtube and the sellers DO kknow that… Ask for your money back or something but don’t let that happen again. It’s fake. I’ve loste lots of money too… Sorry ;/

What about a gig where he gives you 2000 backlinks to your Youtube video?

Would this violate Youtube’s TOS?

?

Reply to @misscrystal: Yes, it violates youtube TOS or better yet, google’s TOS. When you think about what all Google controls (adwords, adsense, search, youtube, etc) it is hard for anyone to use any backlink scheme that google wont’ catch.

I would be super skeptical of using any SEO services on fiverr. Why? For the money it just isn’t worth their time to do it manually, but even done manually they can violate googles TOs if it is done too quickly.

The good old slow, methodical and manual way is the only way to ensure you won’t violate google’s TOS. Obviously if done this way, it is hard for anyone to make a fast buck on Fiverr. They may say it is safe, but for them to make money, they have to do it quickly and using software means (i.e. robot).