Fiverr Community Forum

Zoom Call with buyer

Hello guys, My buyer wants a zoom video chat session in which he wants to discuss more details about the web project. He claims that he had chat with a number of sellers of Fiverr on zoom.

Is it a good idea to do?

10 Likes

No. You would be breaking ToS by doing that.

It’s mentioned several times in this that you are breaking ToS if you communicate with buyers outside of Fiverr. Here’s one of those times:

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

1 Like

What are you talking about? Of course it would be a violation of ToS.

Just because you didn’t get caught doesn’t mean it’s okay to do.

You then go on to say that it would be against ToS… You realise you’re contradicting yourself, right?

5 Likes

Read the ToS. No, it isn’t OK.

1 Like

it wont be much of a problem

The issue with this is that this is your experience - not a fact about when people do and don’t get punished for breaking ToS.

People get warned for doing this. You were lucky and didn’t get caught - plenty of people come to the forums to complain when they get caught.

It isn’t worth the risk.

1 Like

No, you haven’t. Communication outside Fiverr is strictly forbidden by the terms of service.

If a buyer asks you to communicate outside Fiverr, explain to them that this is a breach of TOS. If they insist, report and block.

Never, ever, communicate outside Fiverr without CS permission, which is rarely given.

Bear in mind that if you agree to this kind of thing, the buyer can hold it over your head forever.

Just say No

8 Likes

2 Likes

@shoaibi987
It’s really a bad idea. Don’t do that.you might face many problems :no_mouth:

1 Like

THANK YOU THANK YOU SOO MUCH. I told my buyer that I contacted fiverr support and they are not letting me call you so I am sorry and he said it’s okay.

1 Like