Zoom Call with buyer

shoaibi987

No. You would be breaking ToS by doing that.

block.fiverr.com 200.jpeg.fe06bb404954c1977246c8e9005e7bbd.jpeg

Your Access To This Website Has Been Blocked

Something in your behavior has triggered our protection systems - we apologise for any inconvenience this process may have caused.

It’s mentioned several times in this that you are breaking ToS if you communicate with buyers outside of Fiverr. Here’s one of those times:

image.png.b0cfdb15c2d113b6b6612c0dfc0d8c42.png
image901×102 13.6 KB

Well, in this case it wont be any TOS violation unless and until you guys decide to do payments outside of fiverr but obviously you shouldn’t encourage the buyer to do zoom calls and all because all these things are against FIVERR’s TOS.

So once I also did a zoom meeting with one of my buyer and actually nothing happened, the buyer insisted that they always go for one on one interaction before signing a deal with anyone so thats why they wanted to do the zoom meeting, so always try to tell the buyer about Fiverr’s TOS that these things are not allowed but if the buyer really insist on something then there’s actually no problem doing that TBH, just beware to not use the term zoom in your conversation and try to be as professional as you can.

Its just my experience that i shared but once again i want to repeat these things are not allowed on Fiverr so always be cautious in doing this, you may also get a warning from fiverr if they found that you are contacting a buyer outside of fiverr.

THANK YOU…

it wont be any TOS violation

What are you talking about? Of course it would be a violation of ToS.

Just because you didn’t get caught doesn’t mean it’s okay to do.

You then go on to say that it would be against ToS… You realise you’re contradicting yourself, right?

Well, TBH i never meant to say its not a TOS violation, definitely it is which i have written in my reply.

I just said that if any buyer is insisting you upon doing something and you are ready to take the risk and go through with zoom call then you can take that risk it wont be much of a problem coz here in this case you ain’t abusing the marketplace and doing anything wrong, it may happen that the buyer is not able to describe his needs through written notes and you guys just go on with the zoom meeting.

Thats what i actually meant.

And lastly i just shared my experience that i did had with a client which i thought do have some context with this post thats why i shared that…

it wont be much of a problem

The issue with this is that this is your experience - not a fact about when people do and don’t get punished for breaking ToS.

People get warned for doing this. You were lucky and didn’t get caught - plenty of people come to the forums to complain when they get caught.

It isn’t worth the risk.

It isn’t worth the risk.

Yeahhh, definitely thats what i said, all these things are against Fiverr’s TOS so one should never do it in first place…

I just shared my experience which i had with a similar kinda buyer but in my case the buyer just wanted to greet and just wanted to have a slight bit of conversation, so do you think if a buyer just wants to have a simple conversation with you through a video call is worth getting a warning in this marketplace, definitely not but once again as there are certain rule’s mentioned in the marketplace which the sellers agrees before creating the account so he or she should always abide with that.

So one should always take that risk keeping all these things in mind, which was always there in my mind and never ever i mentioned anything related to zoom or any other stuffs related to that in my inbox section with the buyer, once the order was placed and we were on the order page and the buyer once again insisted for that i just said him to create a meeting link and send me the URL and we went on with it.

So, obviously if you directly discuss all these things with anyone on your inbox section you are bound to get a warning and risk your account, you need to maintain your professionalism and be as professional as possible coz off-course this is your business so you are the one to decide what to do and what to not…

I hope i have cleared myself.

THANK YOU for giving your time…

I hope i have cleared myself.

No, you haven’t. Communication outside Fiverr is strictly forbidden by the terms of service.

If a buyer asks you to communicate outside Fiverr, explain to them that this is a breach of TOS. If they insist, report and block.

Never, ever, communicate outside Fiverr without CS permission, which is rarely given.

Bear in mind that if you agree to this kind of thing, the buyer can hold it over your head forever.

Just say No

Maybe it is not good idea to communicate buyers from outside sources. You should be careful about TOS.

THANK YOU THANK YOU SOO MUCH. I told my buyer that I contacted fiverr support and they are not letting me call you so I am sorry and he said it’s okay.

Archived