A number of basic features?

pnegames

1. Definitely adding drag and drop to upload my samples (and theirs) to a seller for first time contact (and successive messages) would be great… I accidentally did that and my browser opened all the images and i lost my whole draft of initial contact message that was quite long.

2. Drafts for messages (see above one reason this is good)

3. Search forum. I can’t find it, hopefully I’m just being dense.

4. I’m mostly looking at drawing and illustration right now:

as a buyer I want to see what gig a piece in their gallery qualified as. Freelancer.com offers this feature, and it’s awesome IMO. You can see that with an icon next to a review, and then try to match that to a gallery pic, then try to >guess< which level of “gig” it was, but that’s not always possible because those pics might not exist in both places… but even if you do that you have no idea what deal was actually struck, it’s still just a guess. So, there are these “gigs” but then it’s like it’s a negotiation anyway, instead of just customizing. I find a lot of the potential sellers have 3 gigs (levels of work/detail/licensing etc.) and the job I’m wanting to get done is >between< two levels. Why? I want source files, and commercial license, but, I don’t want backgrounds for most things, and some of these beautiful concept artists make beautiful backgrounds, but my job only calls for partial backgrounds or a single object like a rock for the figure to be standing on. So, right now, as a new user, with my initial inquiry (that almost all sellers seem to solicit prior to me buying a “gig”) I am probing to see where we can land pricewise… I’ve then been met with budget questions, but I’ve already put the question to them in my initial message…

4.b. how about if I can tick and untick any of the boxes myself? Like commercial license? I thought I could do this on the iOS app, but don’t see that I can on the website. I’m using firefox. Like for example, full background I’d like to untick…

1. Communication: My job has discrete pieces, but many are available to do… so the job is potentially one piece to dozens… I thought it was a nice looking job… it looks like I’m giving TMI by spelling everything out… Maybe there could be built-in translation features or hooked in API’s from somewhere? Is there a guide for sellers (in native languages) about how to >decline< work on a project directly, like say “No thank you” Don’t just write “i’m busy for the next few days.” I know, I’m much too literal, yes in person as well.I speak very directly, it’s a problem even intraculturally, but when money’s on the table I believe it’s okay to be direct at that time with my own money, even in the age of emotional reasoning.

2. maybe the quick questionnaire I filled out after one message asking me more specific details on behalf of the artist should come up BEFORE the message is written? AND it would be great if these questions weren’t just multiple choice, but had an “other comments” box for each one too?

6.b. all questions in this should be optional, OR at least make it so the questions that WERE answered can 1) be edited (back button?) 2) unanswered. ALSO if you get part way through the questionnaire you should not lose all your answers (and the seller too!) by clicking the X button to close it…

1. easy navigation to user page on fiverr.com from forum.fiverr.com usernames/pages.
  1. This thread is absolutely right!>> Sellers should get an “accept order” button

Thanks, hoping to buy some services at some point… just losing heart here.

We already have numbers 3 and 4.

1. For your own clients you can make a fillable PDF to send new clients.

2. Sellers have the option on the forum of adding a link to their profile. Not all of us want people from the forum to be able to navigate to our profiles.

3. An accept order button would be a complete and utter disaster. Buyers would have time to change their minds and cancel orders. And at least half would do that and find someone else who doesn’t make them wait.

1. Definitely adding drag and drop to upload my samples (and theirs) to a seller for first time contact (and successive messages) would be great… I accidentally did that and my browser opened all the images and i lost my whole draft of initial contact message that was quite long.

2. Drafts for messages (see above one reason this is good)

3. Search forum. I can’t find it, hopefully I’m just being dense.

4. I’m mostly looking at drawing and illustration right now:

as a buyer I want to see what gig a piece in their gallery qualified as. Freelancer.com offers this feature, and it’s awesome IMO. You can see that with an icon next to a review, and then try to match that to a gallery pic, then try to >guess< which level of “gig” it was, but that’s not always possible because those pics might not exist in both places… but even if you do that you have no idea what deal was actually struck, it’s still just a guess. So, there are these “gigs” but then it’s like it’s a negotiation anyway, instead of just customizing. I find a lot of the potential sellers have 3 gigs (levels of work/detail/licensing etc.) and the job I’m wanting to get done is >between< two levels. Why? I want source files, and commercial license, but, I don’t want backgrounds for most things, and some of these beautiful concept artists make beautiful backgrounds, but my job only calls for partial backgrounds or a single object like a rock for the figure to be standing on. So, right now, as a new user, with my initial inquiry (that almost all sellers seem to solicit prior to me buying a “gig”) I am probing to see where we can land pricewise… I’ve then been met with budget questions, but I’ve already put the question to them in my initial message…

4.b. how about if I can tick and untick any of the boxes myself? Like commercial license? I thought I could do this on the iOS app, but don’t see that I can on the website. I’m using firefox. Like for example, full background I’d like to untick…

1. Communication: My job has discrete pieces, but many are available to do… so the job is potentially one piece to dozens… I thought it was a nice looking job… it looks like I’m giving TMI by spelling everything out… Maybe there could be built-in translation features or hooked in API’s from somewhere? Is there a guide for sellers (in native languages) about how to >decline< work on a project directly, like say “No thank you” Don’t just write “i’m busy for the next few days.” I know, I’m much too literal, yes in person as well.I speak very directly, it’s a problem even intraculturally, but when money’s on the table I believe it’s okay to be direct at that time with my own money, even in the age of emotional reasoning.

2. maybe the quick questionnaire I filled out after one message asking me more specific details on behalf of the artist should come up BEFORE the message is written? AND it would be great if these questions weren’t just multiple choice, but had an “other comments” box for each one too?

6.b. all questions in this should be optional, OR at least make it so the questions that WERE answered can 1) be edited (back button?) 2) unanswered. ALSO if you get part way through the questionnaire you should not lose all your answers (and the seller too!) by clicking the X button to close it…

1. easy navigation to user page on fiverr.com from forum.fiverr.com usernames/pages.
  1. This thread is absolutely right!>> Sellers should get an “accept order” button

Thanks, hoping to buy some services at some point… just losing heart here.

Hi misscrystal!

Those are great insights.

Oh I found 3! My eyes (or maybe this new monitor) has trouble finding some UI elements on some pages… we’ve all been there I’m pretty sure.

Can you tell me about 4? (not 4b, I see that some users have that option, but it would be nice to be able to solicit a custom gig from a specific person. As I did it, we just negotiated through messaging, then they sent me the custom offer).

I can’t see the amount a person paid for a gallery image+job matched pair, even with review icon.

re8. Did you read this link in my post? Seems like many sellers want this “option” at least. You make a good point about the problem it might cause, that’s why it should be optional probably! I’ve communicated a LOT with 2 of the three sellers before the job was even accepted., because all of them asked that the work be discussed in detail before hand. For this type of work it’s not “can they do it” it’s “what is the correct tier/price” (in my case). For two of them I ended up with custom offers because the work was between middle and top tiers.:

re6. I’m not a seller, I’m a buyer. I have jobs going for three artists across three gigs and none of them have a pdf that they sent me, instead I’m giving art direction, example sketches (sometimes done by me, sometimes my business partner), a TIF template with layers for photoshop etc, a pdf going into specific detail about the template and object/subject foreground/background requirements (less than one page, bullet points).

This still isn’t enough necessarily. Everyone’s excited here, but it’s a lot to communicate clearly apparently. I’m not knocking people from the other side of the world. People in my neighborhood sometimes forget the directions, but they’re not running a gig in an online marketplace…

re7. none of the people i’ve clicked on with posts that say “come look at my gig” on the forum have filled that out on their profiles!!! Go figure… lol, thanks for pointing that out though! I’m curious, your profile on the forums is “hidden”… so I can’t check out your gigs! Why? (By saying I don’t want people to look at me on the forum, then go to my gig, you will not answer my question. That is clear… the question means, why don’t you want people to link what you say on the forum with your gig? What bad thing could happen? Why wouldn’t you want that traffic on your page with potential jobs? Are you worried about “fake jobs” that then get cancelled? (accept button would take care of that…) These are just guesses, I have no idea actually, I just got here, remember).

so I type in their name on the search, and no results… then really tiny at the bottom it says, “oh, do you want to >user< search? click here!” If there are no results, don’t hide this and make it tiny at the bottom of the page, just give me the results or move that link up, and say “NO GIGS matched that, sorry, but here’s a bunch (or one usually…) user!” Yay! Look, you found what you’re looking for without more scrolling, hunting with your eyes to read every word, and then more clicking! So much for the efficiency of this platform…

More features:

9. In Messages/inbox have a list of FILES shared on the sidebar with the other party in that conversation (scrolling up and having it reload, then reload thumbs, etc. is not fun, even worse on mobile app).

1. Why can’t I highlight text in this response pane? That would be a nice feature so I can copy/cut/paste move things around.

I’ve spent some hours on fiverr at this point, and I’ve experienced a lot of time wasting. I’m happy you love the platform. Doesn’t mean it’s not wasting my time, doesn’t mean I don’t know how to use a website. Clearly other people aren’t doing these things you mentioned, so, maybe another solution for some of them would make sense to other people.

Thank you for your insights nonetheless!

You seem better informed than the average seller here. That’s great. Do you have any ideas on how your fellow sellers might be assisted in with some of the things that fall to them (some of which we’ve both mentioned here!)?

As a digital product (this platform) matures, I reasonably expect that there aren’t so many of these problems that new user would face. You may disagree. You may tell me to take me business elsewhere, who knows what you will say! I find people defend products far more than they sympathize with the difficulty of another person that is spending lots of time trying to make a product work for them while paying for that product. Brave new world…

Hi misscrystal!

Those are great insights.

Oh I found 3! My eyes (or maybe this new monitor) has trouble finding some UI elements on some pages… we’ve all been there I’m pretty sure.

Can you tell me about 4? (not 4b, I see that some users have that option, but it would be nice to be able to solicit a custom gig from a specific person. As I did it, we just negotiated through messaging, then they sent me the custom offer).

I can’t see the amount a person paid for a gallery image+job matched pair, even with review icon.

re8. Did you read this link in my post? Seems like many sellers want this “option” at least. You make a good point about the problem it might cause, that’s why it should be optional probably! I’ve communicated a LOT with 2 of the three sellers before the job was even accepted., because all of them asked that the work be discussed in detail before hand. For this type of work it’s not “can they do it” it’s “what is the correct tier/price” (in my case). For two of them I ended up with custom offers because the work was between middle and top tiers.:

re6. I’m not a seller, I’m a buyer. I have jobs going for three artists across three gigs and none of them have a pdf that they sent me, instead I’m giving art direction, example sketches (sometimes done by me, sometimes my business partner), a TIF template with layers for photoshop etc, a pdf going into specific detail about the template and object/subject foreground/background requirements (less than one page, bullet points).

This still isn’t enough necessarily. Everyone’s excited here, but it’s a lot to communicate clearly apparently. I’m not knocking people from the other side of the world. People in my neighborhood sometimes forget the directions, but they’re not running a gig in an online marketplace…

re7. none of the people i’ve clicked on with posts that say “come look at my gig” on the forum have filled that out on their profiles!!! Go figure… lol, thanks for pointing that out though! I’m curious, your profile on the forums is “hidden”… so I can’t check out your gigs! Why? (By saying I don’t want people to look at me on the forum, then go to my gig, you will not answer my question. That is clear… the question means, why don’t you want people to link what you say on the forum with your gig? What bad thing could happen? Why wouldn’t you want that traffic on your page with potential jobs? Are you worried about “fake jobs” that then get cancelled? (accept button would take care of that…) These are just guesses, I have no idea actually, I just got here, remember).

so I type in their name on the search, and no results… then really tiny at the bottom it says, “oh, do you want to >user< search? click here!” If there are no results, don’t hide this and make it tiny at the bottom of the page, just give me the results or move that link up, and say “NO GIGS matched that, sorry, but here’s a bunch (or one usually…) user!” Yay! Look, you found what you’re looking for without more scrolling, hunting with your eyes to read every word, and then more clicking! So much for the efficiency of this platform…

More features:

9. In Messages/inbox have a list of FILES shared on the sidebar with the other party in that conversation (scrolling up and having it reload, then reload thumbs, etc. is not fun, even worse on mobile app).

1. Why can’t I highlight text in this response pane? That would be a nice feature so I can copy/cut/paste move things around.

I’ve spent some hours on fiverr at this point, and I’ve experienced a lot of time wasting. I’m happy you love the platform. Doesn’t mean it’s not wasting my time, doesn’t mean I don’t know how to use a website. Clearly other people aren’t doing these things you mentioned, so, maybe another solution for some of them would make sense to other people.

Thank you for your insights nonetheless!

You seem better informed than the average seller here. That’s great. Do you have any ideas on how your fellow sellers might be assisted in with some of the things that fall to them (some of which we’ve both mentioned here!)?

As a digital product (this platform) matures, I reasonably expect that there aren’t so many of these problems that new user would face. You may disagree. You may tell me to take me business elsewhere, who knows what you will say! I find people defend products far more than they sympathize with the difficulty of another person that is spending lots of time trying to make a product work for them while paying for that product. Brave new world…

the question means, why don’t you want people to link what you say on the forum with your gig? What bad thing could happen?

Spam. A lot of active forum users have experienced that problem. We help other users, answer their questions, and then get messages on the main site from new sellers who want us to be their mentors and personal guides (but would never pay us to do it even if we were interested), or want us to share our orders with them, or beg us to order from them, or whatever. In short, it can be a huge waste of time, and Fiverr forces us to answer all new messages (well, doesn’t literally force us, but if our response rate drops under a certain percentage, we lose our levels and the features that come with them).

the question means, why don’t you want people to link what you say on the forum with your gig? What bad thing could happen?

Spam. A lot of active forum users have experienced that problem. We help other users, answer their questions, and then get messages on the main site from new sellers who want us to be their mentors and personal guides (but would never pay us to do it even if we were interested), or want us to share our orders with them, or beg us to order from them, or whatever. In short, it can be a huge waste of time, and Fiverr forces us to answer all new messages (well, doesn’t literally force us, but if our response rate drops under a certain percentage, we lose our levels and the features that come with them).

That’s awful on two fronts!

How about a way to mark a message as spam so you don’t have to answer it! Then it goes into a queue… IP address is logged, etc… IDK.

Also, when someone types something in a message (like the word pay~) a warning comes up, why not have such warnings when they’re drafting messages, so it says, “Hey, don’t ask people to share their orders with you!” and then even automatically gets flag, before it’s even delivered?

This is computers, there are a ton of possibilities to mitigate these things… I’m sorry for sellers on this platform too! I see they have as many problems as I do as a buyer!

That’s awful on two fronts!

How about a way to mark a message as spam so you don’t have to answer it! Then it goes into a queue… IP address is logged, etc… IDK.

Also, when someone types something in a message (like the word pay~) a warning comes up, why not have such warnings when they’re drafting messages, so it says, “Hey, don’t ask people to share their orders with you!” and then even automatically gets flag, before it’s even delivered?

This is computers, there are a ton of possibilities to mitigate these things… I’m sorry for sellers on this platform too! I see they have as many problems as I do as a buyer!

How about a way to mark a message as spam so you don’t have to answer it!

That’s how it’s supposed to work, but for many people, it doesn’t, and sellers don’t want to risk losing their levels. So, yes, we will report spam and block the sender (sometimes you’ll see them on the forum complaining that their messaging was disabled or that they have received an account warning for no reason), but we still have to answer each first message from a new person we receive.

How about a way to mark a message as spam so you don’t have to answer it!

That’s how it’s supposed to work, but for many people, it doesn’t, and sellers don’t want to risk losing their levels. So, yes, we will report spam and block the sender (sometimes you’ll see them on the forum complaining that their messaging was disabled or that they have received an account warning for no reason), but we still have to answer each first message from a new person we receive.

Thank you for explaining clearly

My sympathies dear catwriter…

1. Allow for text searching on the order page. I can only find the first result, then i can’t search rest of order chat with f-search, next hit. I only get one hit at a time, then have to delete and.

2. allow uploading documents in delivery response/request mod chat. That is like the only place where you can only submit a message without an attachment. Why? I have been sending tons of samples/examples after almost every revision.

3. ios notifications don’t work properly, it’s always saying I have new notices, but I’ve already read them… only if i go to the notifications view in the ios app does it clear it right away.

4. More messages visible in chat log please… we’re talking about text here. There is some inefeccient wrapper to concatenate these messages, but it’s even worse on IOS, there are like only 10 (so 5 from each party), then you have to wait for it to add more when you scroll. At least it’s more like 10 from each on the web…

5. List of all attachments in all views that have this inline… anyone ever used slack? or email? It’s incredibly convenient to be able to filter down and just look at list of attachments… even if you don’t want this loading thumbnails on every page, there should be a link from 1) inbox convos 2) order pages…

6. PLEASE change the order of messages on the order… please put oldest last… on a job with tons of revisions (not my fault… I’m being very patient with seller that is supposedly “fluent” but seems to have a very difficult time with instructions), i’m spending my life scrolling! How do you justify this? On inbox you at least put me at the bottom and make me scroll up to load more old messages…

Archived