Answer to all the questions that sellers have

krheate

Hi! Many new sellers tend to have lots of questions about orders and gigs! If you are one of those sellers, I would suggest checking out the answers to common questions here. All of this information is also located in the Fiverr TOS. I also want to thank some other Forum members who helped contribute to the information! Thanks!

”How can I get more orders?” or “Why am I not getting any orders?”

For tips on how to get more orders, I would suggest taking a look at the “Tips for Sellers” category in the Fiverr Forum! There’s lots useful of tips and info there on how to get more orders!

If you have a gig in a very competitive category, it’ll be hard to get orders. After establishing yourself on Fiverr, orders will start to come more frequently.

Which advices on the Forum are just myths?

There’s lots of advice on the thread, and most of it is useful, must sometimes Forum members give advice that won’t help. So which advice should you stop listening to?

Check this post out to see which advices are just myths: Top 5 Fiverr Myths - Debunked!

What should I do if my gig isn’t showing up in the search results?

If your gig isn’t showing up in the search results, you need to follow these steps to check if your gig is active and visible in the search results!

1. Go to “help and support” at the bottom of the Fiverr home page
  2. In the search bar, type “manage my gigs”
  3. Click on the first search result which should say “Managing your Gigs”
  4. Below the first paragraph, click the text that says “Check your Gig status”
  5. Fill out the info here, and it’ll show you the actual status of your gig
  6. If it says that your gig isn’t active in the search results because it was denied or it needs to be further reviewed by the Fiverr team, you should contact Fiverr CS or leave a support request.

Or here’s a link to access that page: https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new/gig?level1=not_searchable

What tips do I need to keep in mind in order to be a successful seller?

Here are some tips that @vickiespencer put together from information on the Forum! Thanks Vickie!

• Do not stay online 24/7. It would be best if you had your sleep to be productive.
  • Do not post your gigs all over social media. It is SPAM, and besides, your friends and relatives are not your target buyers.
  • Use Buyer Requests ONLY if you can do a great job fulfilling the buyer’s requirements.
  • When making offers on Buyer Requests, do not use copied and pasted offers. Each Buyer Request is unique and needs a different answer.
  • Make sure your profile is perfect. Spell everything correctly and use proper English grammar.
  • Make sure your gig images are different from any other seller and make sure they are eye-catching.
  • Never copy another seller’s gig mages or wording.
  • Do not do homework for students. Doing academic work for students will cause you to lose your gig and maybe even your account.
  • Be patient.
  • Offer fair pricing for your products.
  • Offer quality products.
  • Always be kind to Buyers (even the ones that tick you off).
  • Seek to improve your product quality over time.
  • Pay attention to what your Seller competitors are doing and learn from them (asking this question is a step in that direction).
  • Be honest.
  • Expect failures, disappointments, and cancellations but also expect successful events as well.
How can I prevent my account from getting restricted?

Make sure that you thoroughly read the Terms of Service. It has all the information that you need to prevent getting a warning.

Why shouldn’t you offer unlimited revisions?

If you offer unlimited revisions, buyers can constantly bother you for more and more revisions. You could get pulled into a never-ending order that could last a few years!

Why did my gig move from the first page of the search results to the last page?

The order of gigs in the search results are constantly rotating. For example, you could be the first result one day and the last result the next day! For more information, check this link out: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011028318-Managing-your-Gigs

Why are no buyer requests showing up for me?
  • Some gig categories are pretty uncommon, so there usually aren’t many buyer requests for those categories

• Once buyer requests reach a certain number of offers, they will be unavailable to New Sellers and so on.

• New Sellers don’t usually have that many buyer requests, but Level 1 and Level 2 sellers tend to have a lot. I’m a Level 1 Seller, and I have over 2,000 buyer requests.

Can I ask my buyer to leave a review or can I ask them about a review that they left?

Never ever mention a review in a conversation with a buyer! This can lead to a warning, which can eventually lead to your account getting suspended/permanently restricted.

If I edit my gig, will it affect my gig ranking?

Editing your gig can temporarily affect your gig ranking!

Does the amount of impressions that you have matter?

Impressions don’t really matter because they don’t show how many people actually viewed or clicked on your gig. Impressions are simply how many times it has shown up as “recommended to look at” when buyers viewed other similar gigs.

Thanks! Let me know if you have any questions!

Hello, I created my show a few days ago, so far so far I have not received any offers and also where I go after the client and no one of them accepted. How can I get more orders?

How can I get more orders?

It is written in the excellent text @krheate provided above. I suggest you read what you respond to.

How can I get more orders?

It is written in the excellent text @krheate provided above. I suggest you read what you respond to.

Oooh, someone is spikier than me today. I like it LOL

Yes to any who skip the OP’s reading linked above, yet think they deserve a personalized do this and you’ll be a bazillionaire in 5 mins is in-line for the jibes they get as they simply prove they are not cut out for this life and are only making it harder on themselves and everyone else here.

🙂

• 3 weeks later...

How can I get more orders?” or “Why am I not getting any orders?

Maybe try to have ears & brain connected, rather than mouth open.

If some false guru somewhere told you that arriving was all it took to have money flowing in, you got taken in. If freelancing was easier than having a normal job, no one would go to a normal job.

🙂

• 1 month later...

Thanks for these tips! I’ve been watching YouTube videos about Fiverr (a lot) and there were a few that said you can ask for a review, just not for a positive review. Glad I know now 🙂

I’ve been watching YouTube videos about Fiverr (a lot) and there were a few that said you can ask for a review

Yeah, there’s so many people on YouTube who pretend to be “Fiverr gurus” but half the time they’re just looking for views and likes 😕

• 2 months later...

Hi, what the effects of gig impression,??

Hi! Impressions are the number of times your gig appeared in Fiverr’s thumbnails (quoted from Fiverr website).

In order to get clicks, you need to have impressions (basically your gig needs to be viewable). As long as you have more than 0 impressions, your gig has been in the search results, or homepage, or user page, etc.

As for me, I’m not too concerned about my stats. However, I understand that some users rely on their stats to track progress (maybe) or how well their doing. In this case, I would suggest focusing more on the amount of clicks, as clicks are what can be directly converted into orders.

I think it goes like this:

impressions ➡️ orders/messages

Hello kerheate

How can I get my first order?

What tips do I need to keep in mind in order to be a successful seller?

Hi! Click on the little black arrow next to the questions on the post, and it’ll drop down to show more details. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Hello, 

I am Sultana. My Account name is Sultana125376. I have 7 reviews in my gigs. I am working here hardly. But my account was rusticated by Fiverr. So I am very sad and tensed about it. I really need to recover my account again. I am so helpless in this situation. I have sent mail to Fiverr support team but no reply yet. I need anyone's help right now that How can I recover my Account again. Please anybody help me. Please.

24 minutes ago, sultana125376 said:

need anyone's help right now that How can I recover my Account again

Sadly, but No one here will be able to help you. If fiverr decided to restrict your account because you were breaking TOS then there is nothing we can do. 
secondly this topic is on a completely different discussion 

Archived