Hi! Many new sellers tend to have lots of questions about orders and gigs! If you are one of those sellers, I would suggest checking out the answers to common questions here. All of this information is also located in the Fiverr TOS. I also want to thank some other Forum members who helped contribute to the information! Thanks!
”How can I get more orders?” or “Why am I not getting any orders?”
For tips on how to get more orders, I would suggest taking a look at the “Tips for Sellers” category in the Fiverr Forum! There’s lots useful of tips and info there on how to get more orders!
If you have a gig in a very competitive category, it’ll be hard to get orders. After establishing yourself on Fiverr, orders will start to come more frequently.
Which advices on the Forum are just myths?
There’s lots of advice on the thread, and most of it is useful, must sometimes Forum members give advice that won’t help. So which advice should you stop listening to?
Check this post out to see which advices are just myths: Top 5 Fiverr Myths - Debunked!
What should I do if my gig isn’t showing up in the search results?
If your gig isn’t showing up in the search results, you need to follow these steps to check if your gig is active and visible in the search results!
- Go to “help and support” at the bottom of the Fiverr home page
- In the search bar, type “manage my gigs”
- Click on the first search result which should say “Managing your Gigs”
- Below the first paragraph, click the text that says “Check your Gig status”
- Fill out the info here, and it’ll show you the actual status of your gig
- If it says that your gig isn’t active in the search results because it was denied or it needs to be further reviewed by the Fiverr team, you should contact Fiverr CS or leave a support request.
Or here’s a link to access that page: https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new/gig?level1=not_searchable
What tips do I need to keep in mind in order to be a successful seller?
Here are some tips that @vickiespencer put together from information on the Forum! Thanks Vickie!
- Do not stay online 24/7. It would be best if you had your sleep to be productive.
- Do not post your gigs all over social media. It is SPAM, and besides, your friends and relatives are not your target buyers.
- Use Buyer Requests ONLY if you can do a great job fulfilling the buyer’s requirements.
- When making offers on Buyer Requests, do not use copied and pasted offers. Each Buyer Request is unique and needs a different answer.
- Make sure your profile is perfect. Spell everything correctly and use proper English grammar.
- Make sure your gig images are different from any other seller and make sure they are eye-catching.
- Never copy another seller’s gig mages or wording.
- Do not do homework for students. Doing academic work for students will cause you to lose your gig and maybe even your account.
- Be patient.
- Offer fair pricing for your products.
- Offer quality products.
- Always be kind to Buyers (even the ones that tick you off).
- Seek to improve your product quality over time.
- Pay attention to what your Seller competitors are doing and learn from them (asking this question is a step in that direction).
- Be honest.
- Expect failures, disappointments, and cancellations but also expect successful events as well.
How can I prevent my account from getting restricted?
Make sure that you thoroughly read the Terms of Service. It has all the information that you need to prevent getting a warning.
Why shouldn’t you offer unlimited revisions?
If you offer unlimited revisions, buyers can constantly bother you for more and more revisions. You could get pulled into a never-ending order that could last a few years!
Why did my gig move from the first page of the search results to the last page?
The order of gigs in the search results are constantly rotating. For example, you could be the first result one day and the last result the next day! For more information, check this link out: https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011028318-Managing-your-Gigs
Why are no buyer requests showing up for me?
Some gig categories are pretty uncommon, so there usually aren’t many buyer requests for those categories
Once buyer requests reach a certain number of offers, they will be unavailable to New Sellers and so on.
New Sellers don’t usually have that many buyer requests, but Level 1 and Level 2 sellers tend to have a lot. I’m a Level 1 Seller, and I have over 2,000 buyer requests.
Can I ask my buyer to leave a review or can I ask them about a review that they left?
Never ever mention a review in a conversation with a buyer! This can lead to a warning, which can eventually lead to your account getting suspended/permanently restricted.
If I edit my gig, will it affect my gig ranking?
Editing your gig can temporarily affect your gig ranking!
Does the amount of impressions that you have matter?
Impressions don’t really matter because they don’t show how many people actually viewed or clicked on your gig. Impressions are simply how many times it has shown up as “recommended to look at” when buyers viewed other similar gigs.
Thanks! Let me know if you have any questions!