Are You a New Seller? Not Sure Where to Start? These are the Resources You Need to be Successful on Fiverr [Long]

paulmaplesden

I know this is a long post, and it requires a lot of reading. But, if you do read it, act on it, and take advantage of the suggestions, it will help you be successful on Fiverr. There are no easy routes to success on the platform, but the guidance here will put you ahead of most other sellers, and help you turn Fiverr into a viable income stream. The question is, how important is that to you?

The Fiverr forum is a great place to ask questions, get advice, and interact with other highly-engaged, veteran sellers. I thought it would be useful to gather together these resources and answers in one place, so you have an easy way to get the information you need.

The advice here is drawn from various other forum posts, understanding the questions sellers have, and through our insight into how the Fiverr platform works. You should read through these resources and do some legwork yourself, then, if you can’t find the answers, feel free to post your question in another thread.

Let’s get into it.

Please do not use this thread to post questions, thank you. You can start new discussions here if you have a question.

General Fiverr Information for Sellers

• The Seller Help Center - plenty of information on most topics a Fiverr seller needs to know about.

• How to Start Selling on Fiverr - the basics of getting started on the platform, essential reading for all new sellers.

• Creating a Gig - how to create your first, and subsequent gigs. Gigs are the way you sell your services on the platform.

• The Seller Help Center has plenty of other advice on managing orders and gigs, communications, features, promotions, getting paid, and more. Check it out.

• The Fiverr blog - articles on how to get the most out of the platform. The most relevant section on the blog for sellers will be the “community” section.

• How to Optimize Your Gigs to Maximize Your Sales - 12 practical things you can do today to increase visibility and enhance your sales.

• Fiverr Terms of Service (ToS) - the rules and standards you signed up to when you joined Fiverr, what you’re expected to do, and how you’re expected to behave.

• Customer Support - the customer support team are there to help you with any questions you have after reading through the various resources. They can answer questions, resolve issues, and advise on / enforce the ToS.

Using the Forum
If the areas above don’t answer your question, the Fiverr forum is a good next step.

• Use search! - there’s an almost 100% chance your question has been asked and answered before, so prior to asking a question, try searching. Click the magnifying glass icon on the top right of every forum page, close to your profile picture.

• Review the “Tips for Sellers” section - many of us post guides and advice in this part of the forum, and they can be very useful for new sellers. One of the best ways to use this section is to click on “Top” and you’ll see the most read and liked posts.

• Use “Improve My Gig” - if you want advice on how to improve your specific gigs, this is where to ask.

Useful Forum Posts and Tips for Sellers
Here are some of the most useful and informative posts from sellers. We cover:

• Optimizing gigs and boosting sales.
  • Communicating with buyers and sellers.
  • Buyer requests.
  • The Fiverr level system.
  • Fixing errors and mistakes.
  • Fiverr Pro.
  • Working better as a freelancer.

Optimizing Your Gigs and Boosting Sales

How to Optimize Your Gigs for Sales

There are lots of posts about people wanting to improve their gigs, requesting reviews, tips etc to get them more orders. I want to help out my fellow freelancers - hence this post. I believe I am currently the most successful PRO seller in the articles and blog posts category on Fiverr (between 30 and 40 orders a month, and around $5,000 in revenue), and have spent considerable time and effort optimizing my gigs for sales. I believe these optimization efforts apply to any type of gig, not jus…

Three Great Tips to Get Sales

Hey guys! Let’s cut straight to the chase. You’re a new seller (or maybe even an older seller experiencing a sales slum). Here are my 3 top tips to generating sales: 1. Interlink your services and create related gigsI’ve seen many new sellers fall into two traps when first creating their gigs. One of these traps is to create multiple gigs which are essentially the same thing (such as “create modern logo design”, “create a unique logo”, “design your logo”) in the hopes of getting more traffic…

How to Write a Gig Title

Hi guys, Always remember this: > It’s not about us (sellers), it’s all about Them (Buyers) Often times, we think buyers want to know more about us (etc: portfolio, work experience), it’s true but most importantly, they want to know what we can OFFER them. Focus on Them, not us. Set up the right bait. Refer to the best sellers in your niche. Do you find their similarities? Most of them use the same keywords. Add your own words apart from the keywords to make it unique. Use keyword - f…

How to Write a Gig Description

Hey everyone, I’ve been hanging out on the forums, and learning from others as I was growing myself and now that, I feel I’ve achieved a steady footing. I want to give some back and give some tips on how to write a gig description. When I first started on Fiverr writing a gig description was really hard… You don’t know what to say or how to say it. Always seems like its a challenge to find the right words or seem inciting enough. I’ve developed my own system of writing a gig and I’ll break it …

Five Quick Tips for Tags

We all get a max of 5 tags to use per gig, right from the start, if new seller or TRS, make good use of it, every bit you do that others don´t do, will help you. If you think 2 tags describe your service perfectly and everyone would type in either of those two, or both, great; if not, again, you got 5! tags to catch words or combinations of words people type in the search bar. Think like a buyer: what would you search for if you were looking for the service your gig offers? Ask random p…

How to Have Success as a Seller in a Crowded Category

Hi, I’ll be straight up blunt, direct and practical with this post, hopefully someone will find my tips useful. Before i go into details let me give a quick overview of what i do. I am a visual communications consultant, so basically i work on all things public to improve a brand’s image i.e graphic design, web design and motion graphics. I study the brand and then create an image or improve its image. However the only jobs i did as a new seller were graphic design jobs. I did about 10 jobs and…

What a Seller Learned Earning over $3K a Month

I’ve been here for years, however I really started this year. The first while I just bought and sold one or two things here and there. Like many on Fiverr, I didn’t advertise and expected Fiverr to bring my customers to me. That was the wrong thing. This year I started with one good gig and now this month I have several more along with a new attitude. A new attitude and over $3,000 this month. Untitled.thumb.png.699bb247e3216545d1d6e74b558e5cf2.pngHere’s how I do it: In the morning and once in the evening I scan Buyers Requests. There…

Boosting Your Sales

1 - You Can Offer Bonuses 2 - For less price and less time,sell your gig 3 - Use Buyers request to tell people that you are capable of the job 4- Use professional language in messages with buyer or in buyers request 5 - Give him / her some extra BONUS or services 6 - Firstly work for reviews not for money 7 - You need to keep online the most of time you can 8 - Promote your self on social media + anywhere possible 10 - Do some research on GIGS you creat (Title,tags,how to write seo based…

Boost Your Income in One Month

A big thanks to all the other Fiverr users who helped me along the way. I wanted to give back to the community by writing about my experience on Fiverr and how you can become successful too. The first step is to have a good gig. Not just a gig that you know is good, but a gig that potential buyers are going to think is good. What does that involve? Proofread, spellcheck, edit. Make sure your profile is free from errors. Not everyone on Fiverr is a native English speaker, but Fiverr IS an Englis…

How to Get Your First Order

Yeah, you can promote your gigs. (you need to figure it out yourself how, there’s this wonderful thing called the internet) True, you can send buyer’s request. (could work at times) You CAN trying staying online for 24 hours (if you don’t have a life, that is) You can beg for orders at the forum. Or send messages to people. ( don’t do it) What you REALLY need to do is create a good gig. It’s amazing how people ask for help and you go check their gigs, and they look…VERY bad. Sorry to s…

A Guide to Get Your First Order

Are you new to Fiverr? Are you desperately willing to start off? Are you still waiting for your first Gig Order? You are at the right place. This post should help you immensely, I am sure. Not to dishearten you, but to give you a heads up, let me tell you the truth. Getting started here and getting the first order is not that easy. It is not that simple. But if you are dedicated and passionate about selling your services here and make some money, it is very much possible. I will tell you wh…

Bring your past clients to the platform

NOTE: This post is meant for Fiverr newbies who have plenty of experience outside of Fiverr, but struggling to get their first order on this platform. Recently I’ve seen quite a few responses saying that in order to get sales you should share your gig on social mediabid on buyer requestsbe patient etc.Well, a new user doesn’t see as many buyer requests as some of the experienced sellers and if you don’t have followers on social media or you’re not great at marketing then it might take a …

Communication with Buyers and Sellers

Controlling Anger with Troublesome Buyers

DISCLAIMER: I am not an expert in anger management, but I was a victim of anger. This thread is my view on the matter as it relates to my Fiverr career, with tips based on my own Fiverr experience over the course of seven years dealing with tenths of thousand of buyers, and how I managed to handle the issue. This is not one of those general anger management tips everyone can find online. These are honest life- & career-helping tips from one of the older sellers of Fiverr. I never had to deal w…

Communication with Buyers Outside Fiverr

TL;DR - Always contact Fiverr Customer Support if you need to communicate outside the platform, always copy important messages to the Fiverr messaging system, and always request and receive payment through the Fiverr platform. I thought it might be worth exploring what Fiverr says you can and cannot do regarding communications outside the platform. Some sellers offer this as part of a “Consultation” style gig, and some buyers request communication outside the platform for various reasons. Cont…

The Art of Saying No Nicely

We all get them: Buyer wants a discountBuyer wants a free sampleBuyer wants more than he has paid forBuyer asks for a revision which is actually completely different to what was orderedBuyer wants to discuss something at length before/after an orderBuyer wants to cancel after deliveryVery often, people on the forum complain about this type of buyer and label them as “bad buyers”. However, that is not always the case and I would suggest that the number of actual “bad buyers” is signific…

Turning Angry Buyers into Repeat Customers

I woke up to a notification that a new-to-me buyer had requested a revision. No big deal. Because of the nature of copywriting, it isn’t unusual that I need to tweak a few things for a buyer I’ve never worked with before. But, when I read the feedback I was stunned. The client had called me a fraud. They insulted my work and my character. I was furious. I have been a self-employed professional service provider for 15 years. I have one rule when it comes to dealing with angry, unreasonable clie…

Why Asking Other Sellers for Advice or Work is a Bad Idea

If you’re a seller considering messaging another seller for work, I have one thing to say to you: Don’t. Not ever. Really. Never. If you do, you could get your account suspended or banned - let me explain why… You might think “where’s the harm in me messaging another seller to ask for advice or request work?” but there are a few issues with that thought: Other sellers don’t have any obligation to help you or provide advice (more on this below).Yes, you might be just one person sending a me…

Enhancing Customer Communications Through Quick Responses

I’m a big believer in keeping sellers informed. It helps them to know what is happening, shows you care about their order, and develops trust. Because of that, I make sure I communicate with buyers as follows: When they first place an order with me.When I start working on the order.When I deliver the order.Follow up if they haven’t placed an order.I have set up quick replies to keep this process as smooth as possible. Here’s what they look like… Place an order Hi [username}, Thanks v…

Buyer Requests

Tips for Getting the Most Out Of Buyer Requests

Hi new fellows, As a new seller it takes some patience to get first order. But don’t worry soon you will get your order. •Keep applying on buyer request. Here are some good techniques. •Avoid using some built in templates • Write your own proposals. •Add your experience or sample work while you are applying it’s quite important. • Link Your past work that you had done before. Upload it on any cloud site and mention it in your proposal. It will make your proposal strong. Most of the time it…

Succeed on Several Buyer Requests a Day

Hi, As a fiverr sellers for more than 3 years I have gathered some knowledge that I am gonna share with you specially with new sellers. Now a days fiverr become very strict and its really hard to make sell as a new sellers. For new sellers I will recommend to use buyers request and send all 10 offers daily, that is the easiest way to get orders. Here are the list of things you need to do– 1)Greetings them with their name/username: Instead of calling them “Hi,dear”/“Hi, Friend”, I would sugge…

Fiverr Levels Systems, Promotions, and Demotions

A Visual Guide to Fiverr’s Level System and Criteria

Hey all, so I am currently putting together a blog post for Fiverr all about how the level system can benefit buyers. As part of that, I created a table, and thought it might be useful to share. Here you go. image.thumb.png.871ac322d94a7cd46a539df4c54c1ac6.png

How to Lessen Your Chance of Being Demoted

I can see that a fair number of people have been demoted on St. Level’s Day. Although its unfortunate if it happens to you, there are things you can do to stop this happening in future. Here are some suggestions, which I hope are useful not just if you’ve been demoted, but for sellers in general to help you maintain high standards and ratings. Review the Turnaround Times on Your Gigs I can see plenty of people getting demoted because of delays in completing work, extra time taken to do revisio…

The Impact of Monthly Evaluations on Fiverr Levels

A few months back, I did a comparison of the impact of the first St. Level’s Day, following the first monthly evaluation. We’ve now had four evaluations in total and I thought it would be interesting to see what that has done to the number of gigs on Fiverr, at each seller level. With this in mind, I captured the number and percentage of gigs by level across 16 popular categories in the Fiverr marketplace - two under each of the eight top-level categories. I measured them on two dates, Friday 1…

Fixing Errors and Mistakes
Five Tips to Deal With Late Order Delivery

Hi Fiverrers, Today we want to talk about the late order delivery issue. Most of the sellers on Fiverr have faced this problem at least once. Here are some tips of how to deal with late orders and delays: #1. Always deliver on time! Yes, this is the main tip when dealing with late orders: try to avoid them! First of all, evaluate your capabilities. Never promise a 2 days delivery if you are not ready to have a queue of 50 orders. Be honest to your clients: better to have a 5 days deli…

Common Mistakes from New Sellers

When a new user or a user who is not getting any orders and sending messages to several well experienced sellers to get some work, i would say that approach is totally wrong. Usually newbies are sending spam messages to every experienced seller or sending custom orders directly for getting the work without knowing the fact that the receiver is also a seller just like them. In this way no one will ever give you work and it is called SPAMMING in Fiverr system and due to this you could get banned…

Why Grammar Matters to Sellers

I’m both a seller and a buyer here on Fiverr. As amazing as this platform may be, one thing has been bothering me, especially when it comes to buying services on Fiverr: poor grammar. I realize that many sellers don’t speak English as their first language. I, myself, am Norwegian. This means that English isn’t my first language, and even though I try hard, sometimes my English skills will fail me. But I am trying! And this brings me to the real problem; when I contact a seller who claims to be…

Fiverr Pro

Useful Advice for Fiverr Pros Applies to All Sellers

Fiverr just launched a new support area for Fiverr Pros. Although this is mainly targeted at sellers who are already Fiverr Pros, it’s actually got some really good advice for all Fiverr sellers. These tips can help you get customers, communicate better, ensure repeat business, and boost earnings. Here are a few areas and examples that I thought stood out: Communicate Like a Pro "Communication is the ultimate cheat code for Fiverr success – better communication means better buyer satisfaction…

How to Become a Fiverr Pro Seller

I know there are lots of people who want to apply to Fiverr Pro, or have applied already. One of the main questions is - “What skills, experience, and expertise do you need to be accepted into Fiverr Pro?” I recently worked with the Fiverr Pro Customer Success Team to answer those questions and wrote a blog post about it. In the post I describe the main areas that Fiverr are looking for when they are reviewing applications and deciding whether to provide Pro status. You can find the blog post …

Working Better as a Freelancer

How to Up Your Game on Fiverr and Elsewhere

Have you ever watched those TV programs like Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares, Supernanny, etc. All these TV shows are based on the premise of an expert telling others what they are doing wrong, even though the people doing the parenting or the owners of the restaurant are working full-time on what they do and desperate to succeed. It seems incredible at times, when you have a restaurant owner whose kitchen is dirty and staff are incompetent or a parent who feeds a kid tons of sugar and can’t get …

How to Optimize the Way You Work as a Freelancer

I’ve been working with Fiverr PR and outreach to spread the good word about the Fiverr platform and encourage more buyers and sellers to sign up. As part of that, I was asked to contribute an unpaid guest blog post to SideHustle Nation, a popular blog on how to setup different income streams and be successful in freelancing, eCommerce, or any one of dozens of different side projects or “hustles.” I am a complete productivity and automation geek, and one thing I am often asked about is how do yo…

Why Freelancers Need to Diversify

I hear a lot of whining from people who have been selling the same gig or two for many years or months on this site, and then either their gigs get removed, they get banned, or their gig impressions for some reason drop. You should NEVER put yourself in a situation where if you lose your gig on Fiverr, you lose your ability to afford food and toiletries. The most important way in which you can avoid this is through diversifying. How do you diversify? Well, to start off, you should diversify y…

Things to Know Before Starting a Freelancing Career

I wanted for a long time to start this topic after my experience here on Fiverr. I wanted to share what I have been threw, what I learned and I strongly believe that those stuff can help somebody to decide whether they want a freelance career or not. There are many things that can be said for that category so in order not to waste your time I narrowed them down so I would share the most important. 1.Working alone. Working as a freelancer is so lonely. I remember waking up, making a coffee and…

The Benefits You Get from Fiverr’s 20% Commission

As a professional freelance writer both on the Fiverr PRO platform and outside it, I have had the opportunity to work with multiple clients in multiple ways. What’s interesting to me is what I get for the 20% commission I pay to Fiverr, compared to charging my standard rates outside. At the moment, I charge the same for Fiverr gigs as I do to my other, non-Fiverr clients, and even though I earn 20% less, I don’t mind - here’s why: Marketing opportunities - Marketing is expensive, in times of…

I hope you find this useful, and I would invite other veterans and sellers to post links to useful resources here.

Please do not use this thread to post questions, thank you. You can start new discussions here if you have a question.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this is a long post, and it requires a lot of reading. But, if you do read it, act on it, and take advantage of the suggestions, it will help you be successful on Fiverr. There are no easy routes to success on the platform, but the guidance here will put you ahead of most other sellers, and help you turn Fiverr into a viable income stream. The question is, how important is that to you?

The Fiverr forum is a great place to ask questions, get advice, and interact with other highly-engaged, veteran sellers. I thought it would be useful to gather together these resources and answers in one place, so you have an easy way to get the information you need.

The advice here is drawn from various other forum posts, understanding the questions sellers have, and through our insight into how the Fiverr platform works. You should read through these resources and do some legwork yourself, then, if you can’t find the answers, feel free to post your question in another thread.

Let’s get into it.

• The Seller Help Center - plenty of information on most topics a Fiverr seller needs to know about.

• How to Start Selling on Fiverr - the basics of getting started on the platform, essential reading for all new sellers.

• Creating a Gig - how to create your first, and subsequent gigs. Gigs are the way you sell your services on the platform.

• The Seller Help Center has plenty of other advice on managing orders and gigs, communications, features, promotions, getting paid, and more. Check it out.

• The Fiverr blog - articles on how to get the most out of the platform. The most relevant section on the blog for sellers will be the “community” section.

• How to Optimize Your Gigs to Maximize Your Sales - 12 practical things you can do today to increase visibility and enhance your sales.

• Fiverr Terms of Service (ToS) - the rules and standards you signed up to when you joined Fiverr, what you’re expected to do, and how you’re expected to behave.

• Customer Support - the customer support team are there to help you with any questions you have after reading through the various resources. They can answer questions, resolve issues, and advise on / enforce the ToS.

Using the Forum

If the areas above don’t answer your question, the Fiverr forum is a good next step.

• Use search! - there’s an almost 100% chance your question has been asked and answered before, so prior to asking a question, try searching. Click the magnifying glass icon on the top right of every forum page, close to your profile picture.

• Review the “Tips for Sellers” section - many of us post guides and advice in this part of the forum, and they can be very useful for new sellers. One of the best ways to use this section is to click on “Top” and you’ll see the most read and liked posts.

• Use “Improve My Gig” - if you want advice on how to improve your specific gigs, this is where to ask.

• Buyer requests.
  • Fiverr Pro.

There are lots of posts about people wanting to improve their gigs, requesting reviews, tips etc to get them more orders. I want to help out my fellow freelancers - hence this post. I believe I am currently the most successful PRO seller in the articles and blog posts category on Fiverr (between 30 and 40 orders a month, and around $5,000 in revenue), and have spent considerable time and effort optimizing my gigs for sales. I believe these optimization efforts apply to any type of gig, not jus…

Hey guys! Let’s cut straight to the chase. You’re a new seller (or maybe even an older seller experiencing a sales slum). Here are my 3 top tips to generating sales: 1. Interlink your services and create related gigsI’ve seen many new sellers fall into two traps when first creating their gigs. One of these traps is to create multiple gigs which are essentially the same thing (such as “create modern logo design”, “create a unique logo”, “design your logo”) in the hopes of getting more traffic…

How to Write a Gig Title

Hi guys, Always remember this: > It’s not about us (sellers), it’s all about Them (Buyers) Often times, we think buyers want to know more about us (etc: portfolio, work experience), it’s true but most importantly, they want to know what we can OFFER them. Focus on Them, not us. Set up the right bait. Refer to the best sellers in your niche. Do you find their similarities? Most of them use the same keywords. Add your own words apart from the keywords to make it unique. Use keyword - f…

Hey everyone, I’ve been hanging out on the forums, and learning from others as I was growing myself and now that, I feel I’ve achieved a steady footing. I want to give some back and give some tips on how to write a gig description. When I first started on Fiverr writing a gig description was really hard… You don’t know what to say or how to say it. Always seems like its a challenge to find the right words or seem inciting enough. I’ve developed my own system of writing a gig and I’ll break it …

Five Quick Tips for Tags

We all get a max of 5 tags to use per gig, right from the start, if new seller or TRS, make good use of it, every bit you do that others don´t do, will help you. If you think 2 tags describe your service perfectly and everyone would type in either of those two, or both, great; if not, again, you got 5! tags to catch words or combinations of words people type in the search bar. Think like a buyer: what would you search for if you were looking for the service your gig offers? Ask random p…

Hi, I’ll be straight up blunt, direct and practical with this post, hopefully someone will find my tips useful. Before i go into details let me give a quick overview of what i do. I am a visual communications consultant, so basically i work on all things public to improve a brand’s image i.e graphic design, web design and motion graphics. I study the brand and then create an image or improve its image. However the only jobs i did as a new seller were graphic design jobs. I did about 10 jobs and…

I’ve been here for years, however I really started this year. The first while I just bought and sold one or two things here and there. Like many on Fiverr, I didn’t advertise and expected Fiverr to bring my customers to me. That was the wrong thing. This year I started with one good gig and now this month I have several more along with a new attitude. A new attitude and over $3,000 this month. [image]Here’s how I do it: In the morning and once in the evening I scan Buyers Requests. There…

Boosting Your Sales

1 - You Can Offer Bonuses 2 - For less price and less time,sell your gig 3 - Use Buyers request to tell people that you are capable of the job 4- Use professional language in messages with buyer or in buyers request 5 - Give him / her some extra BONUS or services 6 - Firstly work for reviews not for money 7 - You need to keep online the most of time you can 8 - Promote your self on social media + anywhere possible 10 - Do some research on GIGS you creat (Title,tags,how to write seo based…

A big thanks to all the other Fiverr users who helped me along the way. I wanted to give back to the community by writing about my experience on Fiverr and how you can become successful too. The first step is to have a good gig. Not just a gig that you know is good, but a gig that potential buyers are going to think is good. What does that involve? Proofread, spellcheck, edit. Make sure your profile is free from errors. Not everyone on Fiverr is a native English speaker, but Fiverr IS an Englis…

Yeah, you can promote your gigs. (you need to figure it out yourself how, there’s this wonderful thing called the internet) True, you can send buyer’s request. (could work at times) You CAN trying staying online for 24 hours (if you don’t have a life, that is) You can beg for orders at the forum. Or send messages to people. ( don’t do it) What you REALLY need to do is create a good gig. It’s amazing how people ask for help and you go check their gigs, and they look…VERY bad. Sorry to s…

Are you new to Fiverr? Are you desperately willing to start off? Are you still waiting for your first Gig Order? You are at the right place. This post should help you immensely, I am sure. Not to dishearten you, but to give you a heads up, let me tell you the truth. Getting started here and getting the first order is not that easy. It is not that simple. But if you are dedicated and passionate about selling your services here and make some money, it is very much possible. I will tell you wh…

NOTE: This post is meant for Fiverr newbies who have plenty of experience outside of Fiverr, but struggling to get their first order on this platform. Recently I’ve seen quite a few responses saying that in order to get sales you should share your gig on social mediabid on buyer requestsbe patient etc.Well, a new user doesn’t see as many buyer requests as some of the experienced sellers and if you don’t have followers on social media or you’re not great at marketing then it might take a …

DISCLAIMER: I am not an expert in anger management, but I was a victim of anger. This thread is my view on the matter as it relates to my Fiverr career, with tips based on my own Fiverr experience over the course of seven years dealing with tenths of thousand of buyers, and how I managed to handle the issue. This is not one of those general anger management tips everyone can find online. These are honest life- & career-helping tips from one of the older sellers of Fiverr. I never had to deal w…

TL;DR - Always contact Fiverr Customer Support if you need to communicate outside the platform, always copy important messages to the Fiverr messaging system, and always request and receive payment through the Fiverr platform. I thought it might be worth exploring what Fiverr says you can and cannot do regarding communications outside the platform. Some sellers offer this as part of a “Consultation” style gig, and some buyers request communication outside the platform for various reasons. Cont…

We all get them: Buyer wants a discountBuyer wants a free sampleBuyer wants more than he has paid forBuyer asks for a revision which is actually completely different to what was orderedBuyer wants to discuss something at length before/after an orderBuyer wants to cancel after deliveryVery often, people on the forum complain about this type of buyer and label them as “bad buyers”. However, that is not always the case and I would suggest that the number of actual “bad buyers” is signific…

I woke up to a notification that a new-to-me buyer had requested a revision. No big deal. Because of the nature of copywriting, it isn’t unusual that I need to tweak a few things for a buyer I’ve never worked with before. But, when I read the feedback I was stunned. The client had called me a fraud. They insulted my work and my character. I was furious. I have been a self-employed professional service provider for 15 years. I have one rule when it comes to dealing with angry, unreasonable clie…

If you’re a seller considering messaging another seller for work, I have one thing to say to you: Don’t. Not ever. Really. Never. If you do, you could get your account suspended or banned - let me explain why… You might think “where’s the harm in me messaging another seller to ask for advice or request work?” but there are a few issues with that thought: Other sellers don’t have any obligation to help you or provide advice (more on this below).Yes, you might be just one person sending a me…

I’m a big believer in keeping sellers informed. It helps them to know what is happening, shows you care about their order, and develops trust. Because of that, I make sure I communicate with buyers as follows: When they first place an order with me.When I start working on the order.When I deliver the order.Follow up if they haven’t placed an order.I have set up quick replies to keep this process as smooth as possible. Here’s what they look like… Place an order Hi [username}, Thanks v…

Buyer Requests

Hi new fellows, As a new seller it takes some patience to get first order. But don’t worry soon you will get your order. •Keep applying on buyer request. Here are some good techniques. •Avoid using some built in templates • Write your own proposals. •Add your experience or sample work while you are applying it’s quite important. • Link Your past work that you had done before. Upload it on any cloud site and mention it in your proposal. It will make your proposal strong. Most of the time it…

Hi, As a fiverr sellers for more than 3 years I have gathered some knowledge that I am gonna share with you specially with new sellers. Now a days fiverr become very strict and its really hard to make sell as a new sellers. For new sellers I will recommend to use buyers request and send all 10 offers daily, that is the easiest way to get orders. Here are the list of things you need to do– 1)Greetings them with their name/username: Instead of calling them “Hi,dear”/“Hi, Friend”, I would sugge…

Hey all, so I am currently putting together a blog post for Fiverr all about how the level system can benefit buyers. As part of that, I created a table, and thought it might be useful to share. Here you go. [image]

I can see that a fair number of people have been demoted on St. Level’s Day. Although its unfortunate if it happens to you, there are things you can do to stop this happening in future. Here are some suggestions, which I hope are useful not just if you’ve been demoted, but for sellers in general to help you maintain high standards and ratings. Review the Turnaround Times on Your Gigs I can see plenty of people getting demoted because of delays in completing work, extra time taken to do revisio…

A few months back, I did a comparison of the impact of the first St. Level’s Day, following the first monthly evaluation. We’ve now had four evaluations in total and I thought it would be interesting to see what that has done to the number of gigs on Fiverr, at each seller level. With this in mind, I captured the number and percentage of gigs by level across 16 popular categories in the Fiverr marketplace - two under each of the eight top-level categories. I measured them on two dates, Friday 1…

Hi Fiverrers, Today we want to talk about the late order delivery issue. Most of the sellers on Fiverr have faced this problem at least once. Here are some tips of how to deal with late orders and delays: #1. Always deliver on time! Yes, this is the main tip when dealing with late orders: try to avoid them! First of all, evaluate your capabilities. Never promise a 2 days delivery if you are not ready to have a queue of 50 orders. Be honest to your clients: better to have a 5 days deli…

When a new user or a user who is not getting any orders and sending messages to several well experienced sellers to get some work, i would say that approach is totally wrong. Usually newbies are sending spam messages to every experienced seller or sending custom orders directly for getting the work without knowing the fact that the receiver is also a seller just like them. In this way no one will ever give you work and it is called SPAMMING in Fiverr system and due to this you could get banned…

I’m both a seller and a buyer here on Fiverr. As amazing as this platform may be, one thing has been bothering me, especially when it comes to buying services on Fiverr: poor grammar. I realize that many sellers don’t speak English as their first language. I, myself, am Norwegian. This means that English isn’t my first language, and even though I try hard, sometimes my English skills will fail me. But I am trying! And this brings me to the real problem; when I contact a seller who claims to be…

Fiverr Pro

Fiverr just launched a new support area for Fiverr Pros. Although this is mainly targeted at sellers who are already Fiverr Pros, it’s actually got some really good advice for all Fiverr sellers. These tips can help you get customers, communicate better, ensure repeat business, and boost earnings. Here are a few areas and examples that I thought stood out: Communicate Like a Pro "Communication is the ultimate cheat code for Fiverr success – better communication means better buyer satisfaction…

I know there are lots of people who want to apply to Fiverr Pro, or have applied already. One of the main questions is - “What skills, experience, and expertise do you need to be accepted into Fiverr Pro?” I recently worked with the Fiverr Pro Customer Success Team to answer those questions and wrote a blog post about it. In the post I describe the main areas that Fiverr are looking for when they are reviewing applications and deciding whether to provide Pro status. You can find the blog post …

Have you ever watched those TV programs like Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares, Supernanny, etc. All these TV shows are based on the premise of an expert telling others what they are doing wrong, even though the people doing the parenting or the owners of the restaurant are working full-time on what they do and desperate to succeed. It seems incredible at times, when you have a restaurant owner whose kitchen is dirty and staff are incompetent or a parent who feeds a kid tons of sugar and can’t get …

I’ve been working with Fiverr PR and outreach to spread the good word about the Fiverr platform and encourage more buyers and sellers to sign up. As part of that, I was asked to contribute an unpaid guest blog post to SideHustle Nation, a popular blog on how to setup different income streams and be successful in freelancing, eCommerce, or any one of dozens of different side projects or “hustles.” I am a complete productivity and automation geek, and one thing I am often asked about is how do yo…

I hear a lot of whining from people who have been selling the same gig or two for many years or months on this site, and then either their gigs get removed, they get banned, or their gig impressions for some reason drop. You should NEVER put yourself in a situation where if you lose your gig on Fiverr, you lose your ability to afford food and toiletries. The most important way in which you can avoid this is through diversifying. How do you diversify? Well, to start off, you should diversify y…

I wanted for a long time to start this topic after my experience here on Fiverr. I wanted to share what I have been threw, what I learned and I strongly believe that those stuff can help somebody to decide whether they want a freelance career or not. There are many things that can be said for that category so in order not to waste your time I narrowed them down so I would share the most important. 1.Working alone. Working as a freelancer is so lonely. I remember waking up, making a coffee and…

As a professional freelance writer both on the Fiverr PRO platform and outside it, I have had the opportunity to work with multiple clients in multiple ways. What’s interesting to me is what I get for the 20% commission I pay to Fiverr, compared to charging my standard rates outside. At the moment, I charge the same for Fiverr gigs as I do to my other, non-Fiverr clients, and even though I earn 20% less, I don’t mind - here’s why: Marketing opportunities - Marketing is expensive, in times of…

I hope you find this useful, and I would invite other veterans and sellers to post links to useful resources here.

Please do not use this therad to post questions, thank you.

Whew, can we put that on a billboard, hang a tarpaulin, highlight it in yellow, print it on flyers, distribute it all around and maybe even a pop-up box that appears “Hey, as mentioned, please don’t use this thread to post questions.” when someone is about to post a question.

Anyhow, great post Paul! This is very valuable and it’s great you were able to put everything in. Now, let us hope for lesser “hi im new plzzzzz help” posts from here on. We can only hope.

Too long, too much reading.

It’s seems like you are saying being a Fiverr seller should take time, effort and skill to be successful - No Thanks!

Just tell me where the button is to release all the buyers to me and give me money for nothing please.

It’s seems like you are saying being a Fiverr seller should take time, effort and skill to be successful - No Thanks!

I know, I hate it when I have to work for something…

Let’s get into it.

Using the Forum

• Buyer requests.
  • Fiverr Pro.

How to Write a Gig Title

Five Quick Tips for Tags

I’ve been here for years, however I really started this year. The first while I just bought and sold one or two things here and there. Like many on Fiverr, I didn’t advertise and expected Fiverr to bring my customers to me. That was the wrong thing. This year I started with one good gig and now this month I have several more along with a new attitude. A new attitude and over $3,000 this month. [image]Here’s how I do it: In the morning and once in the evening I scan Buyers Requests. There…

Boosting Your Sales

Buyer Requests

Hey all, so I am currently putting together a blog post for Fiverr all about how the level system can benefit buyers. As part of that, I created a table, and thought it might be useful to share. Here you go. [image]

Fiverr Pro

When did you have time to put together such a conclusive list of resources?!

I would like to add one more point:

READ IT AND LEARN.

When did you have time to put together such a conclusive list of resources?!

I would like to add one more point:

READ IT AND LEARN.

I make so many typos in posts, this will be around time number 15 that I have edited this - thanks for the pickup, and I will fix!

I make so many typos in posts, this will be around time number 15 that I have edited this - thanks for the pickup, and I will fix!

By the by, I came to notice that you can only edit your own topics for a while. I wanted to amend one of my topics when Fiverr had changed something but couldn’t. The default is 2 months according to what I’d read up, but it’s a value admins can overwrite, so it might be different here.

Just in case you want to proofread “later” and procrastinate too much, “later” might not be possible. 😉

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New resource added:

New resource added:

I’m June, I also get order 1st time, hope July will be blast

Archived