How can I improve my gig more

cathyminami

I always try to look at gigs as a whole, rather than individual for a first evaluation, so here you are:

Unlimited revisions are never a good idea. (100% money back/satisfaction guarantee are also very risky. It implies that you’re not confident in your work and attracts scammers.)

Your gig descriptions need to clearly differentiate what perks are part of which package. (If a buyer is confused, they’re more likely go elsewhere, rather than take the time to puzzle out what you’re offering.)(The first sentence in every gig should echo its title, to reaffirm what you’re offering to do. Window-shoppers have a short attention span.)

Always check your gig thumbnails from your profile. The text (size, font, color, style, location) needs to be readable. Shrunk images don’t always look as good as the full-sized. (These are usually the first thing people will see, and a poor first impression will drive people away.)

There are several formatting issues with your gig descriptions that make it/them look unprofessional. (Mainly too much bold and CAPS-LOCK.) The opening lines in both are near copy/paste of the other, and you use the same line twice in one of the gigs.

There are a few English errors in your gigs and your profile (always have a space after commas, and in one spot in your profile you have a comma where a period should be).

Consider adding your native language to your profile as ‘Native/Bilingual’

If any of the points are unclear, feel free to quote them and I’ll try to elaborate.

I always try to look at gigs as a whole, rather than individual for a first evaluation, so here you are:

Unlimited revisions are never a good idea. (100% money back/satisfaction guarantee are also very risky. It implies that you’re not confident in your work and attracts scammers.)

Your gig descriptions need to clearly differentiate what perks are part of which package. (If a buyer is confused, they’re more likely go elsewhere, rather than take the time to puzzle out what you’re offering.)(The first sentence in every gig should echo its title, to reaffirm what you’re offering to do. Window-shoppers have a short attention span.)

Always check your gig thumbnails from your profile. The text (size, font, color, style, location) needs to be readable. Shrunk images don’t always look as good as the full-sized. (These are usually the first thing people will see, and a poor first impression will drive people away.)

There are several formatting issues with your gig descriptions that make it/them look unprofessional. (Mainly too much bold and CAPS-LOCK.) The opening lines in both are near copy/paste of the other, and you use the same line twice in one of the gigs.

There are a few English errors in your gigs and your profile (always have a space after commas, and in one spot in your profile you have a comma where a period should be).

If any of the points are unclear, feel free to quote them and I’ll try to elaborate.

Thank you.🙂

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Make your own thread in the “Improve My Gig” category, include a a link to your profile, and throw a polite @ at me.

Also, read the forum rules and regulations. It’s considered rude to hijack someone else’s thread.

@cathyminami

You’re welcome. Did you have any questions?

• 2 weeks later...

I am also a new seller. I did 7 gigs. Here I get some ideas also. Can I ask for my gig review…??

Archived