Fiverr Community Forum

How long did it take you to sell your gig?

I’m just wondering how long it took you as a new seller to sell your gig. I have posted my gig 3 days ago and still no orders lol.

9 Likes

These articles may help you

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service .

2 Likes

Suggest you check out the competition in your category re pricing as new sellers usually lower their prices until they move up the levels.

1 Like

I am unsure if it’s valuable to give you details about how long it took us to receive our first order because we might not “play” in the same world.
Thus the demand can be different and the competition also.
For instance, I have different gigs in voice over, blog article and scriptwriting.
I understand your impatience to receive your first order. Thus I invite you to focus on what you can control to improve your chance to get an order:

• Check the buyer request section regularly

• Make sure your prices reflect the level you are playing in: A Fiverr pro seller can have higher prices. On the other hand, a no level seller has fewer chances to sell if he or she has prices higher than their fellows… Why should a buyer trust a new seller and take the risk to pay a higher price when there are few or zero reviews?

• Take a course on Learn from Fiverr: it will help you rank your gigs better

Good luck :slight_smile: and enjoy!

1 Like

Often, it takes a while for new users to take a first order. You have to be patient, keep improving and offering your gigs to buyers in the buyer requests section.

Best wishes!

I hope you wait and get the order.

Thank you everyone for your input, I appreciate it!

It took me more than a year to get my first order on fiverr.

1 Like

wow you didn’t give up! that’s good to hear!

I had luck so my first buyer request was my first order. It can take anywhere from 10 to a 1000 requests for people to begin working, so don’t pigeonhole yourself as a failure yet. :slight_smile:
My first order “by itself” (meaning the client found me through the search function) came after a month of being here.

1 Like

Have patience and stay online everyday. hope u will get order soon.

1 Like

Keep patience and do marketing your gig over social media. Thanks