Is it prohibited to ask for rating?

tazzy_designs

It is forbidden to ask a buyer to leave you a 5 star rating, but it shouldn’t be a problem to remind your buyer to post a review about your service, but it is always best not to bother a buyer; they will leave a review if they think you deserve it. I never ask a buyer to post a review.

Don’t ask for a review. Don’t even hint for a review. In fact, don’t mention the word ‘review’ at all, as best you can. 😉

Fiverr, rightly or wrongly, will often interpret mentioning a review to a buyer as trying to manipulate the buyer into leaving you a positive review, which is prohibited. I believe that Fiverr sends buyers 2 reminders after an order, automatically, asking them to leave a review.

I hate to say it, but if a buyer hasn’t left you a review, it’s because they’ve chosen not to, which they’re entitled to do. Don’t think about reviews, just focus on delivering high quality work and good customer service and you’ll be fine.

It is forbidden to ask a buyer to leave you a 5 star rating, but it shouldn’t be a problem to remind your buyer to post a review about your service, but it is always best not to bother a buyer; they will leave a review if they think you deserve it. I never ask a buyer to post a review.

Thank you!!!

😙

Don’t ask for a review. Don’t even hint for a review. In fact, don’t mention the word ‘review’ at all, as best you can. 😉

Fiverr, rightly or wrongly, will often interpret mentioning a review to a buyer as trying to manipulate the buyer into leaving you a positive review, which is prohibited. I believe that Fiverr sends buyers 2 reminders after an order, automatically, asking them to leave a review.

I hate to say it, but if a buyer hasn’t left you a review, it’s because they’ve chosen not to, which they’re entitled to do. Don’t think about reviews, just focus on delivering high quality work and good customer service and you’ll be fine.

I think so . But have another option .

Don’t force to buyer for the review. Sometimes a bad rewiew can hamper your gig status. So be careful. If the buyer is really appreciate and very satisfy with the delivery, please give them some bonus delivery. This is positive point and more chances to give you reviews and tips. Some keypoints: Great work, I really like this, wow awesome.

Capture.PNG.09e4f678d75ab592f9290df2faae4507.PNG

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

“Leaving a Buyer’s feedback is a basic prerogative of a Buyer.”

The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

If the buyer has chosen not to leave a review then it is best to respect their choice and just move on.
There have been many forum posts where sellers have got a warning because they asked for a review.

Check out this post: Asking for Reviews - This is what CS said

It is forbidden to ask a buyer to leave you a 5 star rating, but it shouldn’t be a problem to remind your buyer to post a review about your service,

It will be a problem. Fiverr reminds the buyers at least twice to leave a review, and they don’t want sellers asking them for feedback, too.

@tazzy_designs, if you ask your buyer to leave you a review, you might get a lower review than you’d like, and you could get an account warning, too.

Your reply helps a lot. Thank you! I will focus on delivering high quality work 🙂

If you haven’t got a review on your order, it’s mostly because buyer chose not to! Now asking or requesting the buyer to review the order is kind of low-esteemed message from the side of a seller. I mean, if the buyer enjoyed your work, he/she would leave a positive review, right? And also as Fiverr do also send reminders to buyer to review the order, it surely indicates that the buyer willingly skipped the review.

So advise for a long-run? Don’t ask the buyer to review your order.

P.S.: May be you can put a line in your delivery message stating something like that, if everything is ok with the order, you may please review the order at your convenience… or something like that. but again, don’t ask for a five star review!

If you haven’t got a review on your order, it’s mostly because buyer chose not to! Now asking or requesting the buyer to review the order is kind of low-esteemed message from the side of a seller. I mean, if the buyer enjoyed your work, he/she would leave a positive review, right? And also as Fiverr do also send reminders to buyer to review the order, it surely indicates that the buyer willingly skipped the review.

P.S.: May be you can put a line in your delivery message stating something like that, if everything is ok with the order, you may please review the order at your convenience… or something like that. but again, don’t ask for a five star review!

That’s right! Thank you!

Nooooooo! Do not do that! 🙀

Did you read what CS said about even mentioning feedback! :thinking:

• 3 weeks later...

Nooooooo! Do not do that! 🙀

Did you read what CS said about even mentioning feedback! :thinking:

It’s a different thing. We definitely cannot ask the buyers to provide a specific feedback in exchange of anything.

It’s a different thing. We definitely cannot ask the buyers to provide a specific feedback in exchange of anything.

We definitely cannot ask the buyers to provide a specific feedback in exchange of anything.

You must have missed this post. CS warns, “Any solicitation, manipulation, or just a comment on feedback may lead our relevant team to issue a warning to the user who made this statement.”

Some commented: arrow_down And: arrow_down So, I once again contacted Amy and asked her to clarify whether or not sellers will get warnings if they merely ask for a nonspecific review. roll_eyesimage.png.983edf948811d82db533af7acbff5b7d.pngNonetheless, Amy had not answered my question of whether or not there would be retribution for requests like those I quoted above. arrow_up" alt="arrow_up However, Amy did not answer me; Jenny did, and her response was quite clear. :face_with_…

• 2 months later...

We definitely cannot ask the buyers to provide a specific feedback in exchange of anything.

You must have missed this post. CS warns, “Any solicitation, manipulation, or just a comment on feedback may lead our relevant team to issue a warning to the user who made this statement.”

Some commented: arrow_down And: arrow_down So, I once again contacted Amy and asked her to clarify whether or not sellers will get warnings if they merely ask for a nonspecific review. roll_eyes[image]Nonetheless, Amy had not answered my question of whether or not there would be retribution for requests like those I quoted above. arrow_up" alt="arrow_up However, Amy did not answer me; Jenny did, and her response was quite clear. :face_with_…

Yes, this may be the way Fiverr is operating regarding feedback, but it is not the best way of operating. The Fiverr app is a problem when it comes to feedback. I’ve been told by several clients without me saying a word that they wanted me to be aware they tried to leave 5 stars but the app kept showing 4 stars instead. This again was them coming to me, because they wanted me to know they tried to leave 5 stars as they felt I deserved 5 stars and that there was an error they felt with the app. How is a seller supposed to just take that when they worked hard and delivered what the client felt was 5 star quality???

Then if you are like me and truly care about client satisfaction - something that I know Fiverr is on board with - why is it so taboo to ask a client where you may have fell short in their experience? If you can’t ask because it is so taboo and will get you a warning, you will never know and you can never fix, change or improve!

I LOVE WORKING ON FIVERR AND HAVE DONE SO SINCE 2014 BUT I AM SORRY TO SAY THAT FIVERR NEEDS TO FINE TUNE THEIR POLICY IN THIS MATTER. AS IT IS COUNTERPRODUCTIVE AND COUNTER INTUITIVE TO THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

• 1 year later...

i recently delivery my order, client was so happy with my work that he even gave me tip but then he message me that he is facing problem to submit review, he is getting interface for feedback but when he submitting it’s not submitting. what to do now.

i recently delivery my order, client was so happy with my work that he even gave me tip but then he message me that he is facing problem to submit review, he is getting interface for feedback but when he submitting it’s not submitting. what to do now.

Your buyer might need to switch browsers. You can also send them this link: fiverr.com/support/articles/360049982353-How-do-I-add-feedback-to-an-order?segment=buyer

I asked CS about that some months ago! It’s 100% legal to ask for feedback but NOT for 5 start rankings.

Just ask/remind for feedback on your delivery.

This CS response contradicts that.

Thank you. Then let me send him a message.
. Noooooo scream I would let the situation be. Fiverr was not working well earlier in the day and the issue may self correct. However, as @lloydsolutions you could get a warning for discussing your review with your buyer. @sumiya_shajuti [image]

image.png.d11c51bf52853954301f585cb4df57f8.png

Archived